TRANS AM & CAN AM / Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST: CHAMPIONS Flaco T7 & Lex Lathor TA1 & 2Finished 

This is a bit embarrassing, but I'm not selling my ps3. My wife won't allow it because she thinks that I become some stupid zombie that just wonders around without any purpose. If selling the ps3 meant that I would do the dishes or other housework it would have been fine, but not when I just sit here starring at the wall all day long! :lol:

Last edited:
Something happened at the last lap. I think I was at 9th place and Sick overtook me, so I where suddenly in 10th but there was no sick on track??? Then I finished 8th :)

Good races today. The first race went very well for me, but I messed up big time in the other two haha. Especially with the Toyota... basically, I spun out on the 2nd turn from last when I was in the lead, but I still had a good chance of catching up... instead I spun out like 3 times in the same place just trying move the car from a stand still :lol:. And at the last lap, I forgot who, but it was my bad that I hit your car and I ended up spinning like 10 times before my car stopped. Sorry about that! Thankfully, it didn't seem to affect the results.

Driving the Trans Am 2 cars can get annoying! Just a little bit of extra throttle and you're immediately in the sand. I forgot how many times I spun out the Challenger, but I ended up at like 10th place haha. I had a good fight against Tony in the last few laps, so that made up for it.

Looks like I missed some fun races. I was visiting relatives and couldn´t make it back on time, I was hoping to be in the room before the last race/qualifying started, but you were in round 5, or so, already. Sick, things like that could happen to me more often now and I want to tell you that I´m sorry if I can´t inform you early enough, though I will try my best to avoid being absent from any race, the personal situations sometimes work against me.

TA1:
Twin_Ring_Motegi_-_keleti_p_lya01_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Twin_Ring_Motegi_-_keleti_p_lya02_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Twin_Ring_Motegi_-_keleti_p_lya03_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Twin_Ring_Motegi_-_keleti_p_lya07_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Twin_Ring_Motegi_-_keleti_p_lya08_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Twin_Ring_Motegi_-_keleti_p_lya09_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Twin_Ring_Motegi_-_keleti_p_lya10_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Twin_Ring_Motegi_-_keleti_p_lya11_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Twin_Ring_Motegi_-_keleti_p_lya12_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Something happened at the last lap. I think I was at 9th place and Sick overtook me, so I where suddenly in 10th but there was no sick on track??? Then I finished 8th :)

If this was the Can Am race, it might be because I finished a couple of laps down - I might have overtaken you on track, but still finished behind due to finishing less laps - just a guess.

Magnificent photos Lex!

I will be posting the Race Report and Championship Points shortly - the delay is because I have been working on future race series.

I don't know what people thought of driving the Toyota 7 restricted to 700bhp? Personally I didn't think it made much difference - the car was still very challenging to drive - perhaps you could let me know:

Better?
Worse?
No Difference?

Personally I didn't think it made much difference - the car was still very challenging to drive
All that bhp on a light car. Just for the Toyota and since it's untuned, perhaps a softer tyre would improve things? Maybe even R.S! :scared:

I might buy one later on and give it a go. I'll be ready then if I can "drop in" sometime.

Magnificent photos Lex!
Agreed. Excellent shots. 👍

...I have been working on future race series.
You must be up to 2018 by now! :) Keep up the good work.

Hi Sick and company !

Sorry to say that, but i can not race this Sunday.

See you all next week.

Good luck and have fun 👍

Great racing as always on Sunday. Here's my thoughts and a few pics from the Trans Am 2 race.

Trans Am 1 - I hadn't realised that it had changed to just the East section of Motegi so I struggled a little in this race. My Alfa doesn't seem the fastest anyway so it didn't really affect the outcome.

Trans Am 2 - See below.

Can Am - I didn't see much difference with it having less power this week. I had a very enjoyable race. However, for some reason I struggled with the second set of tyres. Whether there was an actual difference I'm not sure or whether it was just fatigue affecting my driving perhaps. Although I was running about 8th I also got lapped but could never tell if the person behind me was lapping me or taking a place. Any advice or tips for that?

Trans Am 2 - I started 9th, pleased to have qualified between Smiley and Emo.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_11.jpg

A poor getaway see's me lose places to Emo, Sick darts through the inside and Max passes me too. Leaving me in 12th.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_10.jpg

Ning, Lex and Mako fight for the lead in their Mustangs.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_9.jpg

I pass Daniel after he has an issue with the first corner. A couple of corners later so does Ning, then Max too. So I'm 9th.
So then it's my turn and Ning and John pass me.
Then Daniel goes around me on the grass. Leaving me 12th again.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_8.jpg

And it's still only lap 1!
Lap 2, I get a good view of John and Dan racing together.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_6.jpg

Then John unluckily has an off and I move up to 11th.

It is fairly quiet for a few laps and we all take turns pitting. When Dan comes out of the pit, he joins the back of a battle between Rehdogg, Ning and Emo ahead of me.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_5.jpg

Rehdogg goes off and the other 3 pass him. I unfortunately, hit him as attempts to get going again.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_4.jpg

He passes me by taking the inside line coming out of the hairpin with more speed.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_3.jpg

A slight off gives me a chance though and I pass him as he straightens up.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_1.jpg

He doesn't let me get away though and he follows right behind for the whole of the last two laps. I just keep putting my car on the apex and stick my elbows out.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course.jpg

Finally he passes me with an amazing move though the Esses. I try to get back but there's only 2 corners left and I finish 11th.
Twin Ring Motegi East Course_7.jpg

By then, Makovics has won, followed by Lex and the GKgamer. Well done!

Championship Points Tables after 6 Rounds of 15

TA1 Points Round 6.jpg
TA2 Points Round 6.jpg
CA Points Round 6.jpg

Trans Am 1
- Congratulations to Danielsspel and Ning Dynasty for their 1st and 2nd - they will be guest driving for Nissan the Bluebird 510 at the next round (Daytona Road).

Big change in the Trans Am 1 Tribute Team Points - Jochen Rindt suffered from the loss of Team Captain Flaco and Peter Revson captained by Lex Lathor are now very close.

Trans Am 2 - Congratulations to Makovics and Lex Lathor for their 1st and 2nd. Now that they have a good car (Ford Mustang Mach 1) Makovics and Lex will be scoring big.

Can Am by Toyota 7 - Congratulations to Makovics and Lex Lathor for their 1st and 2nd. The car doesn't seem any easier to drive when restricted to 700bhp so the restrictors come off for the next round at Daytona Road.

This is a great car and the only Group 7 (unlimited) Sports Car in the game (apart from the Chaparral 2J which was quickly banned) so we will use it again in a future championship, but tuned which will give it a different flavour and make it easier to control. Specs will be based on the McLaren M20 which will mean less power and more weight.

For the rest of this championship I hope you continue to enjoy the wayward missile that is the Toyota 7, but for the remaining rounds the Toyota 7 race will be 15 minutes and Trans Am 2 will be 25 minutes (previously the main event alternated).

If I was the sort of man to think about conspiracies I'd suggest that in the Trans Am 1 races Lex is deliberately coming third to avoid the Nissan! I wonder if that'll work out for him. :) He's already caught up with Flaco who missed a week and Smiley is missing next week. Lex Lathor is seeming more like Lex Luthor on this one. :)

I think not at all. I'm trying to win with Cougar, but my teammates are not enough slow. :)

I didn't really think you were doing it deliberately. I just found it amusing that you were consistently finishing 3rd and the fact that you overtook Flaco because he missed a race. Plus now you can draw level with Smiley if you come third. I was just enjoying how the maths was playing out with the way Sick has set it up that the first 2 drive the slower car. I was curious if coming 3rd each time would beat first and then 8th as Flaco and Smiley were swapping around. However, now with new people in the Cougars there will be new winners, like this week. Its a very intriguing championship. :)

Trans-Am 2 makes me want to cry lol, Pole position and I'm in the dirt on the first lap...

Congats to the team on getting close in the TA1 category!

Off to go buy a bluebird.

The tune by Arrakis Speedshop (Feydrautha) was made especially for our race series and is superb - try this tune first! I used it for Deep Forest and was very happy with it. (If you can't find it from the link go to post 1 where there is an index).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...elica-gt-four-98.293734/page-17#post-10221734

Important Information for all Racers

We have been running the race room with a few vacant spaces, but on Sunday we should have a full room as a group of four friends will be trying our room to see if the racing suits them - I understand that they are very fast so they are coming in at Gold level. Please give them the usual warm welcome!

If they decide to continue racing with us it will be especially important that people let me know via this thread when they are unable to attend. NB SmileyWRX and John Wells are unable to attend this Sunday.

We may not always have spaces available for Reserve Drivers so please check the thread before raceday. Tomorrow I will post a list of who I think is racing so that Reserves can check for vacant slots.

New Drivers February 2015.jpg

Sorry gents, the wife booked a trip to St. Agustine this weekend for Valentines day so I'll be unable to attend this week.
Haha I thought st agustine where somewhere in Italy or something like that, a little bit of googling gave me the answer! :lol: Which made me laugh, I remember a few years ago on the tonight show with Jay, they walked around with a map of America and asked people where Sweden and other countries where, and people gave there best guesses! Geography can be tough! :lol:

Last edited:
Haha I thought st agustine where somewhere in Italy or something like that, a little bit of googling gave me the answer! :lol: Which made me laugh, I remember a few years ago on the tonight show with Jay, they walked around with a map of America and asked people where Sweden and other countries where, and people gave there best guesses! Geography can be tough! :lol:

Yes, Paris Hilton said recently that she hadn't been to England, but she had been to London!

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's day - I will be spending mine fixing a leaking U bend under the kitchen sink!

Race Report - Round 6 from Motegi Twin Ring East

Trans Am 1 Results
1st - Danielsspel - Mercury Cougar
2nd - Ning Dynasty - Mercury Cougar
3rd - Lex lathor - Mercury Cougar

4th - Rehdogg - Pontiac Tempest
5th - Pimiki - Pontiac Tempest
6th - GKGamer - Alfa Romeo
7th - EmotionalRekz - Alfa Romeo
8th - Makovics - Nissan Bluebird
9th - Maximusmonster - Pontiac Tempest
10th - SmileyWRX - Nissan Bluebird
11th - Sick Cylinder - Alfa Romeo
12th - John Wells - Pontiac Tempest
13th TonyLomas - Alfa Romeo

Trans Am 2 Results
1st - Makovics - Ford Mach 1
2nd - Lex Lathor - Ford Mach 1
3rd - GKGamer - Chevrolet Camaro

4th - Pimiki - Dodge Challenger
5th - SmileyWRX - Plymouth Cuda
6th - Ning Dynasty - Ford Mach 1
7th - Danielsspel - Ford Mach 1
8th - Sick Cylinder - Chevrolet Camaro
9th - Emotional Rekz - Plymouth Cuda
10th - Rehdogg - Dodge Challenger
11th - TonyLomas - Chevrolet Camaro
12th - Maximusmonster - Trans Cammer
13th - John Wells - Trans cammer

Can Am by Toyota 7
1st - Makovics
2nd - Lex Lathor
3rd - Pimiki

4th - Rehdogg
5th - EmotionalRekz
6th - Ning Dynasty
7th - SmileyWRX
8th - Danielsspel
9th - Maximusmonster
10th - Sick Cylinder
11th - TonyLomas
12th - John Wells

In the first post of this thread I have posted a table of who I am expecting to attend Round 7 - I have also published it below. If you are a Reserve Driver (Name in Red) please check that there are spaces before attending.

If Permanent Drivers can let me know when they cannot attend and Reserve Drivers let me know when they want to attend I will be able to maintain the table which will let you know if there are spaces. It appears that we will have 3 spaces on Sunday which will allow EmotionalRekz and GeorgeTigra to attend plus one other driver.

Expected Attendance Round 7.jpg

Last edited:
Back