TRANS AM & CAN AM / Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST: CHAMPIONS Flaco T7 & Lex Lathor TA1 & 2Finished 

Sorry, something came up so I won't be able to race today.

That's a shame - hopefully see you next week.

We have four regular drivers absent this week, but with three new drivers expected hopefully the room will still offer some good racing.

NB there will be spare spaces for Reserve Drivers this week.

I'm stuck in the pit, which is on purpose, settings are totally off, can't drive in a straight line and forgot the gear ratio so it is way to slow. Didn't make one lap without spinning off, well I can take it! :banghead:

Enjoyable racing again last night. I hadn't practised much so I wasn't really looking forward to it. I had fantastic fun though even after some rather poor qualifying. It was great to see some new racers too!

Here's the Horst Kwech standings. For anyone who doesn't know, you gain a point for ever place you improve from grid starting position to final placing. Let me know if there's any mistakes.

Horst Kwech pt1.JPG

Horst Kwech pt2.JPG

@TonyLomas are these the points awarded acc to our finish posn or the no: of races attended by an individual----can't figure it out---could u explain in brief tq : )
They're based on the number of positions you gained based on your qualification and finishing positions. For example, in the first race, Trans Am 1, you qualified in 8th place but finished in 6th. Therefore gained 2 places and get 2 points for that race.
In Trans Am 2, you started in 9th and finished 12th so no points. In the Can Am race you started 3rd and finished 2nd so 1 point.
I do the same calculation for each racer and then just add it up across the rounds to give the overall tables.

This is just a small side trophy though (similar to the Jack Sears trophy in the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)). Sick Cylinder does the real championship tables based on the Moto GP scoring. 25 pts for 1st, then 20 pts for 2nd, then 16, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and finally 1 pt for 15th.

Last edited:
Race Report Poster.jpg
TA 1 Poster.jpg

Above left Danielsspel guest driving a Blue Nissan Bluebird. Ning Dynasty had earned a gest ride for Nissan, but was unable to race today. Above right Maximusmonster struggling in this shot with his Pontiac Tempest. Top the big Mercury Cougars and Pontiac Tempests occupied the top postions, with the Alfa Romeos at the back. Makovics and Lex Lathor were 1st and 2nd respectively in all three races. They will therefore be guest driving the Bluebird 510 for Nissan at round 8, Fuji GT. Pimiki was the first Pontiac home in 3rd for an all Hungarian podium.

Results
1st - Makovics - Mercury Cougar
2nd - Lex Lathor - Mercury
3rd - Pimiki - Pontiac Tempest

4th - Octimuscrime1 - Pontiac
5th - Flaco - Alfa Romeo
6th - Santu929 - Pontiac
7th - GKGamer - Alfa
8th - Sick Cylinder - Alfa
9th - GTP_HAMILTONR - Alfa
10th - Maximusmonster - Pontiac
11th - TonyLomas - Alfa
12th - Danielsspel - Nissan Bluebird

TA1 Points.jpg

TA 2 Poster.jpg

Main picture - TonyLomas spins at the start of Trans Am 2. Smaller pictures - close action in the opening stages of the race.

Results
1st - Makovics - Ford Mach 1
2nd - Lex Lathor - Ford
3rd - GKGamer - Chevrolet Camaro

4th - Flaco - Plymouth Cuda
5th - Pimiki - Dodge Challenger
6th - Octimuscrime - Dodge
7th - Sick Cylinder - Camaro
8th - TonyLomas - Camaro
9th - GTP_HAMILTONR - Plymouth
10th - Maximusmonster - Trans Cammer
11th - Danielsspel - Ford
12th - Santu929 - Dodge - Retired / DC

TA2 Points.jpg

CA Poster.jpg

Results
1st - Makovics
2nd - Lex Lathor
3rd - Flaco

4th - Santu929 (Results revised due to incomplete pit stop)
5th - Pimiki
6th - Danielsspel
7th - TonyLomas
8th - Sick Cylinder
9th - GTP_HAMILTONR
10th - Maximusmonster

CA Points.jpg

Makovics was outstanding at this race meeting - not only the fastest driver, but one of the few drivers who uses a hand controller not a wheel. We were pleased to welcome new drivers this week: Santu929, Octimuscrime1 and GTP_HAMILTONR and they drove cleanly and well - we hope they will be back for more action at Round 8 from Fuji GT - but please all drivers ensure that your cars are fitted with race numbers (Type A Font A) to aid identification, that your cars have appropriate wheels (normally American Racing Vintage Torq Thrust or PD P525N) and no wings on car (unless specified at the start of the thread) - we try with our races to recreate famous race series from the past and therefore want the photos to look as authentic as possible.

Overall a good meeting, but hopefully the next one will be even better with the return of Smiley, Ning Dynasty, Rehdogg and John Wells!

Added by Edit: Apologies that the spreadsheets are not carrying the totals across for the new drivers - this will be sorted in time for the next meeting.

Last edited:
3 Slots Available for Round 8 Fuji GT

Based on current expected attendance there are 3 grid slots available for Round 8 from Fuji GT. These are available for Emotional Rekz, George Tigra and M Mallet.

If anyone is expecting to be absent please let me know asap so I can offer out your grid slot - Thanks.

Note - Ning Dynasty will now be absent this Sunday and is stepping down from Permanent to Reserve Driver status due to other commitments.

SmileyWRX will be leaving the series - hopefully he will be back for future championships.

Expected Round 8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, hi Sick

Sorry to say, I have to withdraw from the series.

The cars are so different in performance, lack of motivation.

Good luck to all, have great races.

Hi everyone, hi Sick

Sorry to say, I have to withdraw from the series.

The cars are so different in performance, lack of motivation.

Good luck to all, have great races.

ALL DRIVERS - Please Read This:
That is a shame, but I understand - the next series should be a lot closer as it includes two one make series and lower powered cars which are easier to drive.

This series has not matched my expectations and the car performance in expert hands (e.g. Lex, Smiley, Flaco, Rehdogg etc.) of the Trans Am 1 and 2 cars has been different to my test results. Also I think the Toyota 7 has been too difficult to drive for some of us (including me).

I don't want to lose regular drivers such as SmileyWRX so I will make some proposals in the next post for changes to apply from round 11 inclusive (if possible I will do it as a poll for voting).

Link to voting Poll thread attached - All Drivers please visit this thread and vote and add comments:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/for-current-trans-am-1-2-can-am-drivers-only.324367/

Last edited:
Today's race was super for me, and on a track I don't even like, went ok at all the races especially the first on where I think I could have taken second place but kept off a little to keep the Cougar, is that cheating the wrong way? quite possibly could have won if I didn't screw it up in the beginning, but made a nice comeback! Second race I think was just luck, but I'll take that! :-) Good racers joined us aswell, so I think today's race was awesome, and if we're going to end this series early I want the Cougar in the next series to! ;)

Last edited:
Update 1.16 WARNING!!!

My PS3 had been working fine, but since installing the new update it has become very unstable with frequent freezing of the console. I think it is quite likely that we will have problems on Sunday. If I get disconnected or have problems with freezing please carry on with the race meeting in my absence. Lex Lathor and / or Flaco will be able to Host if necessary.

If I can't get the race room setup on Sunday I will post a message on this thread.

Regarding the new update - avoid the new "B Spec" Option like the plague - my experience with it is that it crashes your PS3.

Race Report - Round 8 Fuji GT

Trans Am 1 Results
1st - Pimiki - Pontiac Tempest (will guest drive for Nissan at Round 9)
2nd - Rehdogg - Pontiac (will guest drive for Nissan at Round 9)
3rd - Danielsspel - Mercury Cougar

4th - George Tigra - Pontiac
5th - Flaco - Alfa Romeo
6th - Octimuscrime1 - Pontiac
7th - GKGamer - Alfa
8th - Lex Lathor - Nissan Bluebird 510
9th - Sick Cylinder - Alfa
10th - John Wells - Pontiac
11th - TonyLomas - Alfa
12th - Maximusmonster - Pontiac (Disconnected)

Trans Am 2 Results
1st - Lex Lathor - Ford Mach 1
2nd - Pimiki - Dodge Challenger
3rd - Danielsspel - Ford

4th - Rehdogg - Dodge Challenger
5th - Sick Cylinder - Chevrolet Camaro
6th - Flaco - Plymouth Cuda
7th - George Tigra - Dodge Challenger
8th - TonyLomas - Chevrolet
9th - John Wells - Trans Cammer
10th - GKGamer - Chevrolet (Retired / Disconnected)

Can Am by Toyota 7
1st - Flaco
2nd - Octimuscrime1
3rd - Rehdogg

4th - Lex Lathor
5th - Pimiki
6th - Danielsspel
7th - Sick Cylinder
8th - TonyLomas
9th - Maximusmonster

A Reminder about Driving Standards

As in real motor racing some contact is inevitable, such as when a driver brakes early or changes line unexpectedly, but there was too much contact at this meeting, particularly in the early stages of the Trans Am 2 and Can Am by Toyota 7 races. Drivers are reminded that they need to brake earlier for corners if there are cars immediately in front of them.

One driver stopped on the finish line and proceeded to do doughnuts (donuts) before the race had finished, potentially spoiling other peoples race - this person will not be racing with us again. Online novices are welcome, but all drivers are expected to drive with courtesy, common sense and respect for others, just as they would at a track day or real motor race.

Please refrain from use of the horn except when using it to warn a slower driver that they are about to be lapped.

Never drive in the wrong direction on the track during practise, qualifying, the race or after the race.

No texting during qualifying - it could break the concentration of drivers who are trying to set a good time.

Next Round 9 from Grand Valley Speedway and East

Trans Am 1 will be from Grand Valley East
Trans Am 2 and Can Am by Toyota 7 will be from Grand Valley Speedway

Finally - don't forget to vote and / or comment in the voting thread. Hope to see you all on Sunday for good racing!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/for-current-trans-am-1-2-can-am-drivers-only.324367/

Update 1.16 WARNING!!!

My PS3 had been working fine, but since installing the new update it has become very unstable with frequent freezing of the console. I think it is quite likely that we will have problems on Sunday. If I get disconnected or have problems with freezing please carry on with the race meeting in my absence. Lex Lathor and / or Flaco will be able to Host if necessary.

If I can't get the race room setup on Sunday I will post a message on this thread.

Regarding the new update - avoid the new "B Spec" Option like the plague - my experience with it is that it crashes your PS3.
I've been driving b-spec like the wind whole day long, no problems at all. But that doesn't mean something isn't wrong with it, maybe just luck!

Hi guys, this seems like a really awesome racing community! I was wondering if there were any open spots, I have an upgraded Mach I that I've been dying to put to decent use haha

EDIT: Also, your race time says 17:00 to 19:00 GMT. I live in North Carolina (US), so I'm in UTC -5:00. Google says we're on the same time so I guess that's 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm, correct? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi a_tiny_hobbit, nice name, welcome!!

17:00 GMT (or UTC) means (if you are in UTC -5) that it's at 12:00 to 2:00 pm (North Carolina Time).

Hi a_tiny_hobbit, nice name, welcome!!

17:00 GMT (or UTC) means (if you are in UTC -5) that it's at 12:00 to 2:00 pm (North Carolina Time).

Ahh, I see. I should've done the math better on that one, haha.

Since you guys (and gals) race these types of cars all the time, I'm struggling here a little with my Mustang Mach I. I've been working on it for at least an hour and a half, and I can't seem to get the rear end under control (I have every upgrade for it, even a wing.). I've adjusted ground clearance, the settings on my LSD, all types of spring rates, and nothing seems to work. I did end up getting it to oversteer a little in the corners which, frankly, was a blessing :lol: It's really 🤬 frustrating to hear that annoying screech and sacrifice lap times haha

I also just realized I may have put this post in the wrong place. haha that was a lot that I just said sorry

Edit: @Sick Cylinder (you might have overread it), there's a guy called Mendiguez who might send you a Friend Request tomorrow/today.

Have you thought about adding the amazing Mid-Field to the current Championship - i.e. replacing a currently planned location with the new track?

Edit: In case you do consider, I vote Cape Ring Peripherie out! :D

@ all, to get into the mood: those sounds, though!!!

Last edited:
Those sounds are awesome! And watching the one guy who wrecked, he's just looking all around haha

What group/club do I join in GT6 to be a part of you guys? I found one called Trans Am Club Racing, but I don't know if that's you guys or not...

hey guys, due to schedule conflicts, I will jot be able to join you in Grand Valley today.
I may also not be able to join for a few Sundays in a row due to the same schedule conflicts...
As for last week Trans Am 2, taking the pole in the last seconds of Q was a great feeling, being tossed all over the place during lap 1 was not... It was not the reason but it certainly helped me retire.

hey guys, due to schedule conflicts, I will jot be able to join you in Grand Valley today.
I may also not be able to join for a few Sundays in a row due to the same schedule conflicts...
As for last week Trans Am 2, taking the pole in the last seconds of Q was a great feeling, being tossed all over the place during lap 1 was not... It was not the reason but it certainly helped me retire.
What are you talking about? There usually is some contact at turn 1 the first lap, happens. Miki hit you from the back at turn2 and 4 because you braked very early, happens. Same as you did to me, because the Cuda had very poor brakes. On lap 2 you passed me at turn 2 because I got wide out on track (still touched me), happens. And on the last corner before the straight you just headed right into George's side, causing him to almost spin out and yourself to slow down (penalty?). Then you completely messed up the pit entry which you decided to perform on lap 2 (?), hitting a barrier. You made the pitstop and then retired before even being back on track.

We have all been through those situations and they are not nice, I once broke a headset in half by throwing it around because of something like this. I hate contact, especially those bumps from the back, and I can get very angry over it. But retire? C'mon man. You had pole, meaning you was fast in your Camaro, so you had all the possibillities open to recover and win or get a podium finish.

We have new drivers who need some time to accommodate to longer races using consistency and patience instead of 2 lap Tsukuba sprints where people play "Ralf Schumacher" to get a chance to win. On the other hand, at the time of the real Trans Am era we are recreating, it wasn't exactly clean racing by many drivers.

Sick_Cylinder has already adressed these issues a few posts back, though. He wants everyone to race clean.

I'd rather we'd turn off the ghosts for TranAm 1&2 and maybe leave it for the 7's. With extra penalty for people who repeatedly disrespect the standards set up by Sick_Cylinder.

Last edited:
Back