TRANS AM & CAN AM / Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST: CHAMPIONS Flaco T7 & Lex Lathor TA1 & 2Finished 

0 Slots Available for Round 9 Grand Valley East (Trans Am 1) & Grand Valley Speedway (Trans Am 2 & Can Am)

If you are not able to race today please let me know as soon as possible so that I can offer your grid slot to Emotional Rekz, M Mallet, Whisper Crew and RacerCad on a first come first served basis.

Today I am expecting to welcome two new drivers - LaneP113 and BTH_Takitibi71 - their cars are indicated below the expected attendance sheet. Please give them the usual warm welcome.

Best wishes to GKGamer and thank you for racing with us.

Attendance Round 9.jpg

Please remember to empty your system cache before entering the race room each Sunday as this reduces the risk of disconnections. If you are suffering from disconnections try disabling background music as this may help.

Last edited:
Give my spot to one of the others this week. A bit busy and got stuff to do this time. I could do it, but I'd rather let the others enjoy since I won't really be into it.

Hey guys, what room/club/group name do I need to join to race in GT6? I have my cars ready, I just need to know where to sign up in-game. Thanks guys!

Hey guys, what room/club/group name do I need to join to race in GT6? I have my cars ready, I just need to know where to sign up in-game. Thanks guys!

The meetings don't use the club option, they are run in an open room/lobby. So no need to sign up at the moment.
So if you haven't done so already, just send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder then just look out for a open room with Sick as the owner (use the friends only button to find it easier). He usually sends out a message just before the races as well giving the room number (just in case you can't find it).

Keep it clean and have fun. 👍

The meetings don't use the club option, they are run in an open room/lobby. So no need to sign up at the moment.
So if you haven't done so already, just send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder then just look out for a open room with Sick as the owner (use the friends only button to find it easier). He usually sends out a message just before the races as well giving the room number (just in case you can't find it).

Keep it clean and have fun. 👍

Oh alright! Cool. I already sent a friend request to Sick, I think he got it. Well, I guess I'll see you guys at race time (whatever that is for you)!

Hi guys, it was fun racing with you this weekend. Hopefully I'll be back next week for more fun :)

I will apoligize for all of the contact I made today, it was my first time racing without Traction Control. Turns out, it's really easy to burn rubber without it :lol: I feel like a real newb though, I thought I was good and then I turned off TC :banghead: Well, hopefully I'll see you guys next weekend!

Thanks,
Hobbit

Hi guys, it was fun racing with you this weekend. Hopefully I'll be back next week for more fun :)

I will apoligize for all of the contact I made today, it was my first time racing without Traction Control. Turns out, it's really easy to burn rubber without it :lol: I feel like a real newb though, I thought I was good and then I turned off TC :banghead: Well, hopefully I'll see you guys next weekend!

Thanks,
Hobbit

Hope we see you again Hobbit. You will very quickly get used to racing without TCS and will start to find it much more satisfying. One you are used to it you'll never want to switch it on again!

In the current championship some of the cars are tricky to drive, especially the Toyota 7 which is the third race. The next three championships in 2015 all use cars which are less powerful, easier to drive and which should produce closer racing. I am planning another Trans Am series for 2016, but next time the cars will be less powerful and much more evenly matched.

Thanks Sick :)

I'll probably spend hours this week tuning my cars so that I won't die without TCS :) It was really comical trying to drive that Camaro Z28, I would floor it after hitting the apex in a turn, hear a screech and watch the back tires get hot and start smoking :lol:

I'll probably spend hours this week tuning my cars so that I won't die without TCS :) It was really comical trying to drive that Camaro Z28, I would floor it after hitting the apex in a turn, hear a screech and watch the back tires get hot and start smoking :lol:
Just learn about correct L.S.D. settings (best via Motor City's guide I gave you the link to), and you'll forget you have even used TCS before.

TCS I use in one occasion only, which is when a powerful Front Wheel Drive gets to its limit (~450 Bhp on Sports Hard), I find TCS on 1 useful as an additional aid. Edit: That's a rather rare occasion.

Last edited:
About TCS. I have all games in the GT series except some special editions, and never have I been a fan of TCS, but the other day when I heard that Midfield was coming back, I took out GT2 to try it out, bought a Toyota sprinter as first car and started racing, after a while when I started tuning I found that there was TCS to buy and became almost obsessed to have it even if I hate it, never got it though, because I realized that the new update for GT6 was on the same day! Might pick GT2 up again in another ten years or so. And for the record, there's alot of cars in GT2 that I miss in GT6.

And as a last note GO FLACOOO!!!

And as a last note GO FLACOOO!!!
:lol: :cheers:

About TCS. I have all games in the GT series except some special editions, and never have I been a fan of TCS, but the other day when I heard that Midfield was coming back, I took out GT2 to try it out, bought a Toyota sprinter as first car and started racing, after a while when I started tuning I found that there was TCS to buy and became almost obsessed to have it even if I hate it, never got it though, because I realized that the new update for GT6 was on the same day! Might pick GT2 up again in another ten years or so. And for the record, there's alot of cars in GT2 that I miss in GT6.
:eek: You could buy TCS??? I don't remember that. And agreed 100%, there's a bunch of cars from GT2 I'd love to have in GT6.

You might pick it up when Costa di Amalfi returns. Wishful thinking, but fingers crossed.
Edit: ups, that track wasn't on GT2 but GT4, but you said you had them all. :D

Last edited:
Glad I could join you all for one race at least. It was like old times. :)

But the Cuda was very strange. I had set it up earlier and thought it felt really good around Grand valley. The brakes worked well (without ABS!), I could hit all the apexes and the feedback through the wheel was excellent. But in the online race room it was 🤬! There was no feel through the wheel, it sort of sloshed around corners and the brakes!!
Very odd. It put me off trying the Toyota 7 just in case that was the same. I'm not sure what setting(s) had such an impact on it, I'll have to do a bit of testing.

Hope to catch you again sometime. 👍

Anyway here's a few pictures.

Grand Valley Speedway_3.jpg
Grand Valley Speedway_2.jpg
Grand Valley Speedway_12.jpg
Grand Valley Speedway_9.jpg
Grand Valley Speedway_5.jpg
Grand Valley Speedway_7.jpg
Grand Valley Speedway_6.jpg
Grand Valley Speedway_11.jpg

But the Cuda was very strange. I had set it up earlier and thought it felt really good around Grand valley. The brakes worked well (without ABS!), I could hit all the apexes and the feedback through the wheel was excellent. But in the online race room it was 🤬! There was no feel through the wheel, it sort of sloshed around corners and the brakes!!
Very odd. It put me off trying the Toyota 7 just in case that was the same. I'm not sure what setting(s) had such an impact on it, I'll have to do a bit of testing.

Usual offline vs. online grip differences, it even varies depending on the room you're in (Hosts server might have a play here?). Only in some cars its more noticable, then in others you don't feel any difference at all. Or maybe you changed some of the FFB settings, forgot to switch them back or something, has a noticable impact on that car especially (same happened to me). But your lap times with the Cuda were pretty good ... no ABS :scared: ... I couldn't make it brake no matter what, turning ABS off didn't cross my mind at all but maybe it works since there were some other very strange and unrealistic changes needed to make this car any enjoyable... well frankly, it still isn't.

Amazing shots there mate! 👍

Was a nice surprise to see you joining us today and I really hope you will come by again! :cheers:

The difference in handling was like night and day. I don't think I've noticed that much difference before, it just felt all wrong. I thought I was on a snow track. :D
Perhaps it was just a bad connection day. I might create a room in Sick's club sometime just to try it out again.
ABS - I had to turn that back on for the race. Although it didn't improve things. :boggled:
I've been teaching myself to not use ABS. It's really quite good when you eventually get the hang off it.

Was a nice surprise to see you joining us today and I really hope you will come by again!
Thanks, when I get the opportunity I do hope to pop in occasionally.

Amazing shots there mate!
Thanks again, I thought it might give Lex a week off. He's been doing a great job.

I'll send you my Camaro settings to try Hobbit.

Great shots IfAndOr -wish you could race with us every week like old times.

The difference in handling was like night and day. I don't think I've noticed that much difference before, it just felt all wrong. I thought I was on a snow track. :D
Perhaps it was just a bad connection day. I might create a room in Sick's club sometime just to try it out again.
ABS - I had to turn that back on for the race. Although it didn't improve things. :boggled:
I've been teaching myself to not use ABS. It's really quite good when you eventually get the hang off it.
Well, make sure to send a psn-message when you do.

About ABS, I know it's all about the fun and not all about winning ...:sly:..., but I am an ambitious type of guy so I leave it on simply because Sick allows us to and I dont think ABS off can be a serious competition to it being turned on. I wouldn't have a problem to use no ABS elsewhere, or if Sick decided to run without, though. After all, ABS-off is, no doubt, more realistic especially in a series recreating races from the 60's and 70's, and the way ABS works in this game is unrealistic.

Edit:
Great shots IfAndOr -wish you could race with us every week like old times.
This!!!

...wish you could race with us every week like old times
I'll try to make the odd race. But maybe not in the Cuda next time! ;) (Unless I can fix it somehow - still like it offline)

I'll see if I can find a car that goes around corners when I turn the wheel and stops when I press the brake peddle. It did go very well in a straight line though. :P

Well, make sure to send a psn-message when you do.
OK, will do. 👍

I'll try to make the odd race. But maybe not in the Cuda next time! ;) (Unless I can fix it somehow - still like it offline)

I'll see if I can find a car that goes around corners when I turn the wheel and stops when I press the brake peddle. It did go very well in a straight line though. :P

OK, will do. 👍

The Camaro has the sweetest handling of the Trans Am 2 cars so I suggest you get one of those - just fit race soft suspension and tweak the LSD and brake bias and you are good to go. The Ford Mustang Mach 1 is the fastest car, but only after it has had a good suspension tune - the best I could find was by Xande.

Anyway here's a few pictures.

View attachment 319952 View attachment 319953 View attachment 319944 View attachment 319947 View attachment 319951 View attachment 319949 View attachment 319950 View attachment 319945

Awesome pictures If! Haha the one of my Camaro spinning out. I'm such a terrible driver :lol:

Hi guys, thought I would share some funny pictures of my Fiat 500 R '72. It's only 32,000cr and with this tune here you can make it do wheelies! :lol: I tried to do a backwards wheelie in the second one, as you can see I failed haha
Special Stage Route X.jpg
Special Stage Route X_3.jpg
Special Stage Route X_2.jpg
Special Stage Route X_1.jpg

Back