> Transfer Talk <

• Thread starter Rue
  • 151 comments
R. Madrid wants Fabregas but apparently he's happy at Arsenal; Juventus has stopped chasing milito and now are after his country man Burdisso currently playing at Internazionale de Milano; Chivu will stay in Italy after he turned down offers from R. Madrid; Udinese keep sucking at signing good players; and last but not least, Khalid Boulahrouz and Malouda are heading to Chelsea for next season. (sorry I'm kinda lazy at providing links)

Liverpool are closing in on the second half of a transfer duo, looking likely to sign Ryan Babel of Ajax.

Portsmouth have added to David Nugent by signing Nigerian international John Utaka

Premiership new boys Sunderland have brought in Cardiff City's Michael Chopra for &#163;5M, whilst Chelsea Manager Jose insists he wants Robben to stay at Stamford Bridge

Decent summer so far for Forest.

Neil Lennon (MC) from Celtic
Matt Lockwood (LB) from Leyton Orient
Kelvin Wilson (RB) from PNE
Chris Cohen (MC) from Yeovil
Aaron Davies (MR) from Yeovil.

Rumour has it that Andy Cole is set to sign for us too.

Not bad...

Having failed to sign Jeffers, Ipswich Town have set up 3 signings, the latest 2 dependent on a medical with returns for former Blues Pablo Counago (from Malaga) and Tommy Miller (free agent) along with former Cardiff (dodgy) keeper, Neil Alexander.

Shame for us we've signed Alexander =/

Kieran Richardson has signed for Sunderland for a reported &#163;5.5 million. He'll probably do well there, he's not good enough for Man U. He's fast and he has a good shot, but he doesn't have the head for the bigger games.

I think the reception for Roy Keane will kind of upstage any reception Richardson might get. He might get a clap when his name is announced, but I expect a big reception for Keane.

Oh yeah course, sod knows how I forgot about Keano lol. I'll admit, can't wait to see the first Sunderland/Man U game on MoTD for that reason alone, just to see how much of a roar he'll get.

It'll be a top game, for the atmosphere alone if nothing else. Though I'm expecting Keane to have a good strategy against us.

This Tevez transfer has more twists and turns than a series of 24.

The latest new is that Man U officials, Premier league officials, Eggert Magnuson and Kia Joorabchian had a meeting yesterday and were unable to come to an agreement. Man U have since contacted FIFA and asked them to help resolve the situation. West Ham have welcomed this, and Kia has issued a statment that West Ham are missleading the public with thier statments, claiming that behind closed doors, West Ham are making different assurances.

Whatever happens, Tevez will likely not be a West Ham player next season, I jsut hope that it's all unravelled in time for him to start the new season as a Man U player should it go in our favour. Which sees more probably at this stage than any other outcome. The who situation should have been sorted out properly during the last season, but at least it's making for an interesting saga during these summer (no really, it is summer) weeks.

This whole Carlos Tevez saga is beginning to annoy me now. Too many parties are involved in this transfer and its started to bore me reading the papers and seeing the same old thing, which is, West Ham whining.

The way I see it, West Ham have been backed into a corner by the Premier League, I reckon that if the PL hadn't got involved in the transfer in the first place (which they shouldn't seeing as they were supposedly satisfied that the Tevez contracts had been sorted out) that Tevez would now be a Man U player, and everyone would be happy. But the PL being as smart as they are have not only put West Ham in a hard place, they've opened themselves upto possible accountability for the possiblity that West Ham hearing during the season wasn't properly dealt with. I'm finding it interesting, becasue it's not as simple as some people seem to think it is. A lot of the paper articles arn't including all the facts, actually I don't think any are, except when they're quoting official statments.

Either way, I hope it gets sorted as soon as is possible for this situation..... preferably with Tevez ending up in a red manchester shirt :D

Agreed. If it takes too long then even if it goes our way, he won't start playing for us until January.

Rossi started a reserves freindly today in Altricham, apparently Parma are the only club to have actally made a bid for him yet. buthe's still not sure about if he'll be going or not. I'd like to see him get a run of games next seasn, then see if his potential is enough to make the first team on a more regualr basis. He's got talent, he just hasn't shown it in the Premiership yet, if he can then he'd be great for us. If he can't, then sell him, but we ought to give him a run of games imo.

Btw, Dave, you gonna be getting the new home kit? I'm pondering which of the new signings I'll want on mine. lol

Probably, I didn't have a name on the last one. If I had anyones name on it, it'd be Scholes. Or maybe Hargreaves thinking about it, simply because I actually play a defensive role in most games when I get one. Scholes is a player I admire a lot though, possibly more than anyone else.

what do you guys think of Claudio Pizzaro's move to Chelsea? do you guys think he is the last missing link between the blues and a champions league title, because i don't think so.

I don't think you can have a missing like to the Champions league title, theres a lot of potential CL winners competing n the CL every year, it's more a case of consistent good form away from home as well as at home that wins you the CL. I don't think any team can have a squad that's so much better than any other CL side they are almost certain to win. The overall quality is too high for that.

I don't think you can have a missing like to the Champions league title, theres a lot of potential CL winners competing n the CL every year, it's more a case of consistent good form away from home as well as at home that wins you the CL. I don't think any team can have a squad that's so much better than any other CL side they are almost certain to win. The overall quality is too high for that.

But don't you think the the Blues are pretty short at striker, Drogba and Shevchenko notwithstanding? I understand that almost all soccer games are won in the midfield, but to me and my best friend, (who is even more of a Chelsea fan than i am) the Blues were missing that one true scoring threat, especially during the latter stages of last year, especially during the CL semifinal versus Liverpool? In fact, Drogba was the single reason why the Blues was in contention for the Premiership title last year, especially because the team was so FRICKING INCONSISTENT, especially Shevchenko and Salomon Kalou. In fact, HE should have won player of the year instead of that diver C. Ronaldo.

Drogba was on fire last season, he was scoring for fun at times. Imo the problem wasn't so much that you were missing a scoring threat, it was more that you were missing an established partnership. Schevchenko was in his first season, hadn't played with Drogba or in the Premiership before, on top of that he doesn't quite have the legs he used to, so it's no suprise to me that he didn't set the Premeirship on fire. He'll do better this season, no doubt, it's moer a queastion of will better be good enough. Kalou just imo isn't good enough, he'll have moments of greatness but like you said, he's so inconsistent

Personally, I don't think Drogba should have won player of the year, your bound to say he does, I'm bound to say he doesn't and that Ronaldo does. But I base my view on the fact that Ronaldo did a hell of a lot more than just scoring goals last season, Ronaldo was phenominal last season, not to take anything away from Drogba, he was on fire too, but for me even looking at it as neutrally as I can, I still see Ronaldo as the winner last year. Both Chelsea and Man U suffered big set backs with injuries and we've both strenthened out squads well. Next season should be interesting, especially with Tottenham creeping up and Liverpool making a few good signings too.

Drogba was on fire last season, he was scoring for fun at times. Imo the problem wasn't so much that you were missing a scoring threat, it was more that you were missing an established partnership. Schevchenko was in his first season, hadn't played with Drogba or in the Premiership before, on top of that he doesn't quite have the legs he used to, so it's no suprise to me that he didn't set the Premeirship on fire. He'll do better this season, no doubt, it's moer a queastion of will better be good enough. Kalou just imo isn't good enough, he'll have moments of greatness but like you said, he's so inconsistent

Personally, I don't think Drogba should have won player of the year, your bound to say he does, I'm bound to say he doesn't and that Ronaldo does. But I base my view on the fact that Ronaldo did a hell of a lot more than just scoring goals last season, Ronaldo was phenominal last season, not to take anything away from Drogba, he was on fire too, but for me even looking at it as neutrally as I can, I still see Ronaldo as the winner last year. Both Chelsea and Man U suffered big set backs with injuries and we've both strenthened out squads well. Next season should be interesting, especially with Tottenham creeping up and Liverpool making a few good signings too.

also don't forget, Drogba was single-handily the reason why the Blues won both the League and FA cups. he scored the game winning goals in both final so.....

That still doesn't change my opinion that over the course of the season, as good as Drogba was at being a striker, Ronaldo did more.

I am a massive Chelsea fan. However, I'd have to go against my bias, and agree with Dave that Ronaldo should've won last season. Drogba may have scored goals, but if I'm not mistaken, didn't Cristiano beat Lampard's Premiership midfielder goal-scoring record? That, on top of how he played all season, should have gotten him Player of the Year.

Although, my god I fell in love with Drogba last season.

Man U make the signing of the season.

_44035479_rhain270.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/skills/6927568.stm

But seriousely, that kid looked good. On another, more first team oriented note, the Tevez saga looks like it's almost over with Wes t Ham and MSI agreeing a settlement which will be announced tomorrow. Will Tevez play on Sunday, I doubt it, if he did it'd be as a late subjust for the sake of him making an appearence. He needs to train with the lads a bit, I'd probably rule him out of the first Premiership match too at this point.

Seems Smudge is on his way to Newcastle after a fee was agreed between Man Utd and the Toon, with Keiron Dyer on his way from St James to Wet Spam

We've agreed to about 5 fee's from different clubs through the transfer window, Alan just didn't want to go to any of them. Though the Newcastle move has turned into a real move, he signed for them todayl. It's for the best imo, he's got all the energy and determination you could ask for in a player, but he's never going to beat Rooney, Tevez or Saha to a first team spot, and if two of thoes are injured, we can call on Ronaldo, Anderson, Solskjaer or O'Shea to play up front instead. Granted, Smith would probably be picked over O'Shea, but he's further down the pecking order than is good for him. For us, we've lost a character more than a player.

The Tevez saga is over, West Ham and MSI offically announced a settlement today, Tevez has been given the all clear to join Man U and we've already agreed personal terms with him and finacial terms with MSI. So it's all looking good.

Yeah, I've always been a fan of Smith, and was really excited at the (long shot) idea of him coming to Ipswich on loan last season. Good to see him go to a team where he can surely securing a first XI start on a consistent basis.

Glad the Tevez-Gate situation is done with, I feel for the guy more than anything else, he just wants to get on with it but was unable to with all this fuss going about.

Latest Posts

Back