> Transfer Talk <

• Thread starter Rue
  • 151 comments
He trained with us today, so it looks like he's officially our player now. He just needs to be unveiled to the fans, which might happen before the Charity Shield on Sunday.

Can he play in the Charity Shield match if he's unvieled before? Be nice if he can play and help to slaughter Chelski.

If he's officially unveiled before the squads are officially chosen, then yes. But realistically, he wont play on Sunday. He'll probably be there, but he won't play. Fergie has him lined up to play in one of the mid week friendlies, Hargreaves is playing tomorrow. Tevez might be used as a sub in our Premiership opener against Reading.

I don't know about Smith securing a Starting XI position. He has Martins, Mark Viduka and Michael Owen to compete with, who I would place over Alan Smith..

I'm not much of a fan of Viduka myself, he does impress me from time to time but I just don't see him as that good of a player anymore tbh

Viduka is on and off, when he's on he's brilliant, when he's off he might as well not be playing. He's off more than he's on imo.

There's still a chance Martins won't be playing for Newcastle next season, but if he is I'd expect him to be a regular. I'd expect Owen to be a regular as well, but Owen is very injury prone. Even if Smith doesn't start, he'll be on the bench every game he doesn't. At Man U he's not even sure he'll be in the team, let alone be starting. I think Newcastle will rotate stiking partnerships next year. I think we'll see all four of them starting games (provided Martins stays) and I tihnk they'll experient a little. I know they haven't bought Smith as a bench warmer, Newcastle arn't in a position where they'd willingly spend £7 million for that.

I think Viduka is very underrated. He's more of a hub, than a direct striker. Even when he's off, in my opinion he still gives something to the team, which I think will be a disadvantage to Alan Smith.

I think he would've been better off somewhere that really needed a decent striker..

You see I don't see Viduka that way, when he's not involved imo he's completely out of the game, he doesn't backtrack like Smith. At least when Smith has a bad game he makes his presence known. I do think Viduka can play very well, but in terms of consistency I think Smith would be the better choice.

Viduka needs a 3 month contract. He only seems to start playing when his contract is due for renewal.

What's this Robben+Ballack deal that R. Madrid wants to pull off from Chelsea?

Ballack might actually leave cause Lampard pretty much occupies his role; although reports say that he might end up getting paid a lot less at RM...
Robben is also a great player to have, I just don't get why let him go?

I don't think they have much of a choice. He already rejected a new contract from Chelsea..

I never wanted Ballack in the first place, either. I hope he goes, we really don't need him and he deserves to be somewhere where he's getting more games. I personally don't see why he left Munich.

I hope Robben stays, though.

I personally don't see why he left Munich.

I hope Robben stays, though.
Ballack came here for the money. He's a great midfielder when he's playing regular and playing his position. we wanted him, he'd have done better in our squad imo, becasue Scholes is a bit neared the end of his career than Lampard.

As for Robben, I tihnk without his pace he'd be worth less than half of what he is. He's totaly one footed, if you keep him on his wrong side he's ineffective. But his pace works for him in thoes siuations more than it fails.

He's absolutely one-footed. Like Damien Duff, in my opinion. At first, that kind of annoyed me. Usually one-footed players get on my nerves. But, more-so than any other player, he tends to get around that fairly easily, and I have respect for that.

I just wish he'd stop the diving.

Although it makes for entertainment, I suppose.

I really rate Robben apart from the cheating side of him. When he was at PSV i said he would become a world-class player, he hasnt yet but time is on his side.

I really rate Robben apart from the cheating side of him. When he was at PSV i said he would become a world-class player, he hasnt yet but time is on his side.

It's a shame because tbh he showed what kind of player he was when he was fully fit. I remember there was a time a couple seasons back when he was tearing apart premiership defenses with damien duff and we were beating teams like 4-0. But then he just kept getting injured all the time and never seemed to rekindle that form, also I think he got a bit huffy that Joe Cole started shining while he was injured and couldnt belive that Jose was starting Cole over him and possibly didnt realise he had to earn his starting position back.

Well if real can get half of what they got out of Reyes, which wasnt much admittedly I think they can make a good player out of him. Playin Robinho and Robben as wingers or supporting strikers or whatev supplying balls to Vanistelroy and that Higauin kid whos pretty awesome sounds a damn good lineup. It's wierd Barca now seem to have more galacticos than Real. I've always liked Heinze as well untill he got injured and then came back and got totally outclassed by Evra, although it's a shame the man u fans kinda hate him for trying to go to liverpool and then going no thx jk im going to real instead lol.

Speaking of barca, for some unknown reason Chelsea have decided to sign Juliano Belletti who i've always thought was a decent player. It's just that he's like 31 which means he cant be a long term prospect, I realy wanted us to sign Daniel Alves but I doubt we will unless seville stops trying to price gouge us.

Absolutely. Robben and Duff were absolutely brilliant together. It's a loss we didn't really want to have to go through, but Malouda is looking pretty good, and Wright-Phillips is finally hitting top form. I was also really surprised they took Heinze.

I was also very surprised that we signed Belletti. He's a solid player, but like Brett said, he's older. I'm also not sure how well he'll do, and if he's the answer we're really looking for..

No, I doubt he'll be loaned out. He'll be given the chance to make an impact in his second season. I doubt he will though tbh, I don't think he has the legs for the Premiership. Maybe a few seasons ago.

Guess already it's time to start speculating on Transfer news lol...

Premiership -

Kevin Phillips has said he can't guarantee he will be at The Hawthornes next season despite their promotion to the top flight.

Newcastle United have confirmed Stephen Carr, Peter Ramage and James Troisi will be leaving the club at the end of the season.

Manchester United are looking at Porto full back Jose Bosingwa, though his agent has denied reports that a deal has been done.

Aston Villa 'keeper Thomas Sorenson is reportedly a #1 target for Ipswich Town, Jim Magilton hoping to make a second effort stick for the keeper he wants as his new #1, failing that he could yet take up the option to make a permanent move for relegated Derby's Stephen Bywater, currently on loan with the Suffolk club.

Egypt & El Zamalek striker Amr Zaki has emerged as a top target for Steve Bruce of Wigan.

Porto defender Bruno Alves has been linked with Newcastle United and Manchester City.

Everton have joined Roma in showing an interest in Valencia winger Joaquin, with his agent suggesting a move is certainly on the cards.

Milan have agreed a deal for Arsenal midfielder Flamini, but accept defeat in trying to lure Didier Drogba in.

Real Madrid have invited Cesc Fabregas to show interest in joining the Spanish side.

Championship -

Norwich City have let 9 players go following their dissapointing season, the biggest name being Darren Huckerby. Dion Dublin is another big name to go as he hangs up his boots.

Ipswich Town will have a big task on their hands to replace retiring skipper Jason De Vos, with newly relegated Leicester central defender Gareth McAuley, and fellow full-back Richard Stearman high targets. A striker will also be on the cards, with the likes of David Healy and Leroy Lita being touted as potential targets as Town will get money in the summer and will want to push for promotion next year.

Bonaventure Kalou, older brother of Chelsea's Soloman Kalou, is thought to be a target of a host of Championship sides including Charlton, Hull City & Wolves and is currently a free agent having left Al-Jazira Club.

Sheffield United striker Kevin Beattie is apparently being tracked by Bolton, Portsmouth and Aston Villa for a move back to the Premiership.

All off SkySports and most just rumours as it stands.

Premiership -

Patrick Berger's career at Villa Park is over after his comments urging skipper Gareth Barry to take up the 'once in a life time' chance to join Liverpool, O'Neill no longer plans to renew the Czech midfielder's contract.

:lol: When I read his comments I thought that might happen. Any CCL1 News? Ive heard alot about Northampton's Keeper Mark Bunn to Man City or Bolton.

League One News -

Brighton have trimmed their numbers by letting 10 go. Kerry Mayo, who made 410 appearances for the club, Guy Butters and Gary Hart were amongst those released. Paul Reid, Sam Rents, David Martot, Sonny Cobbs, Lloyd Skinner, Chris Winterton and Shane McFaul were also let go. However, Brighton are understood to want to bring in Ipswich midfielder/defender Matt Richards who had spent much of the second half of the season with them.

Cheltenham Town have four players leaving with Michael Wylde, midfielders Sam Foley and Adam Connolly and forward Craig Reid departing though they have offered deals to 8 others, Andy Gallinagh signing straight away.

Crewe look likely to have to fight hard with Dundee United in order to win Scotland Under-21 keeper Greg Fleming's signature, currently at Gretna. On trial Steven Clancy (from Aston Villa) failed to impress and win a deal. Defensive duo Matthew Bailey and Ryan Lynch will not be offered new deals at Gresty Road and are free to find a new club. Out-of contract forwards Junior Brown and Nick Farquharson have also been sent on their way.

Hartlepool are eyeing up Ayr United Ryan Stevenson

Huddersfield Town will be keeping veteran striker Andy Booth after he became new manager Stan Ternent's first signing, penning a 12 month deal.

Former Birmingham defender Sam Oji will soon learn whether his short term deal will be extended later this week with Leyton manager Martin Ling set to decide on several player's futures.

Luton Town - Everyone. The club have had to place it's full squad up for sale, having already let two go and offering deals for six as they get set for League Two life.

Northampton Town have agreed to let keeper Mark Bunn head to Manchester City for two days training for experience, whether he will become the 5th departure or if it's solely for experience matters is not yet known.

Having already held off an advance from Norwich City for veteran keeper Mark Crossley, Oldham Athletic have retained the services of winger Andy Liddell.

Fulham teenager Max Noble is training with Southend as Mark Tilson looking to build his squad for a possible return to the Championship.

Swindon Town defender Miguel Comminges has rejected a new deal and looks set to choice FA Cup finalists Cardiff. Jack Smith may also move on if he decides he isn't going to get enough first team football at Swindon, Watford being a possible move for him.

Robbie Stockdale is hoping to secure another contract at Tranmere Rovers

Highly rated Sean Geddes of Walsall could be set for a move to West Brom's academy

Yeovil Town are considering a move for Ipswich Town winger Jaime Peters, the young Canadian having signed off his loan period with a goal in their 3-2 defeat to Nottingham Forest. Jim Magilton looks likely to make a decision on his future in the coming weeks, though he could well be on his way with Haynes and Walters able to play right midfield.

Back