TRi's GT4 Videos (Newest:"no_gaWD/One Handed" updated:4/29)

• Thread starter TRi
  • 175 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that first clip on the corkscrew actually made me cringe. Especailly when tagged with Acrobatics. I had a nasty wreck 5 years ago which was an acrobatic masterpiece. How many times to you think a Monte Carlo can roll across a count road? Try 2.5.

yeah i actualy know whatchu mean. defintely not as bad, but i did a 450 across 5 highway lanes in a sonota. playin gt probably saved my life, otherwise i would went int the wall.

TRi
yeah i actualy know whatchu mean. defintely not as bad, but i did a 450 across 5 highway lanes in a sonota. playin gt probably saved my life, otherwise i would went int the wall.

Man you have no idea how lucky I was. Thankfully I have rediculously fast reaction time. What the hell its late, I'm bored I'll tell the story it's not too long. Serves a purpose to young readers too i spose.

Screwed up situation. On my way to Chicago(about a 3hr drive) to look at a White Integra GSR none the less. I was driving down a mild country road. At one point there is a regular 55MPH S turn, no biggie except it has a small hill if you can call it that in the Middle of it(imagine the S curve on trial mountain after the long straight). As soon as I got over it there was a blue Gran Am stopped to turn left into a driveway no more than 50 ft away. My quick reflexes managed to pull of dodgeing it to right by about 3 ft, but the shoulder was small and deep. The back tire dropped and the Passenger side skirt caught the gravel and caused the car to roll two and a half times while still on the road. I did not have a belt on, nor did my friend. I came to sitting on the ceiling with my back to the windshield and he was the same way. I was medflighted to the nearest hospital but was "ok" with mild head trauma. They took him by ambulance and he needed some glass taken out of his back. I was out in 3 hrs. Afterwards I went and checked out the car, the roof line was 2 inches above my headreast, If i had worn my belt I could have been paralised. Two weeks later I found out I was going to be a father. To this day my back is bad and I have muscle spasms.

So new drivers out there, even though this was a uber rare case when not having a belt on my have been the better result. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR BELT! and NEVER take your eyes off the road.

Sorry if I ran off with your thread, but sometimes I think this story is worth the eyesore. Take Care all. 👍

that is crazy hammer, and glad to hear nothing worse came out of it. def always wear your seatbelt kiddies.

i'm always informed of blackalicious' concerts after he's already passed through town. not big on concerts, but he's someone i'd like to see

TRi
settings for the r32:
All top power/drivetrain upgrades
N2s up front
N1s in back (i know what you guys have to say about it, i don't care :))
Driving Aids OFF
Tranny: Auto setting 9
Spring Rate: 13.2/11.6
Ride Height: 77/77
Shock Bound&Rebound: 8/7
Camber: 3.2/2.0
Downforce: 3/8
LSD: Default
VCD: 30

Thanks a lot! Can't wait to get get home and try these...

TRi
I have a newfound love for Skylines :mischievous:.
AWD Acrobatics

Friggin' hilarious! Great editing & music, over-the edge stunts... fantastic job. I hope you will not stop posting while you're away, TRi :)

Talking 'bout love for skylines...
I actually bought myself that white R34 with the black hood two weeks ago and I'm STILL struggling to find a nicely driftable setup. I was trying really ridiculous settings that would render any real-life car un-driveable (or restrict the use to making donuts)... but the BASTARD would still simply NOT turn in. :mad: I think (with some cars, at least) GT4 should be called "the understeer edition".

It can be a bit of a drag now, because all Skylines (and especially the NISMO 400 R) used to be so willing to go sideways in GT3. They'd turn in quick, had a decent weight balance and loads of grunt to produce enough AWD wheelspin, no need to use the e-brake ever, plus that awesome inline-six + turbo noise... ahhh... It was just THE car.

Anyway, hope your R32 settings will point me in the right direction...

Edit:
Needless to say, any R34 settings would also be deeply appreciated, if you'd ever be so willing to post them...

TRi
that is crazy hammer, and glad to hear nothing worse came out of it. def always wear your seatbelt kiddies.

and that, my friends, is another reason why I dont mind driving such a big tank of a vehicle. If I get in an accident, It aint gonna be me going to a hospital unless its an accident with an 18 wheeler.

Your drifting is beyond drifting. Brutal stuff. I wasn't expecting a vid from you since your hard drive recently fried. Love it :) By the looks of recent videos, seems like people are starting to choose excellent soundtracks. Blackalicious, dope 👍

wtf? how is that possible? dude nice video. i am very surprised that u can go complete 90 degrees and still be able to finish the turn. very nice.

194GVan
and that, my friends, is another reason why I dont mind driving such a big tank of a vehicle. If I get in an accident, It aint gonna be me going to a hospital unless its an accident with an 18 wheeler.

You're right, you won't go to the hospital because you'll be shipped straight to the city morgue. Sorry to tell you that, but your van isn't all that safe just because it is big. Same goes with all those SUV's. Try to get your hands at this one particular issue of BBC's TopGear, where Jeremy Clarkson (tries to) talk about safety. Some tiny 2005 Renaults or Toyotas are way safer than your Tank.

Hope I didn't go too far offtopic here...

194GVan

Yay for small convertibles. :dopey: :lol:

welp...2+ hrs later and i've finally seen the variety show vid...that was by far one of the best and most enternaining vids i've seen in awhile!!! 👍 👍

Mr. Apex
You're right, you won't go to the hospital because you'll be shipped straight to the city morgue. Sorry to tell you that, but your van isn't all that safe just because it is big. Same goes with all those SUV's. Try to get your hands at this one particular issue of BBC's TopGear, where Jeremy Clarkson (tries to) talk about safety. Some tiny 2005 Renaults or Toyotas are way safer than your Tank.

please, do some research before dismissing my comments as ignorant and false. I know someone who was sleeping on the fold out bed in the back of the van, got rear ended by a dump truck while at a complete stop (his wife was driving) and was thrown into the front, and walked away with no major injuries. In many cases, where large semi trucks are not involved, van is able to drive away while these wonderful compact cars are totaled because their bumpers are so much lower and the van pretty much goes right over them. I hate to break it to you but if there was a head on collision between a 2005 fullsize van and a 2005 compact car, who do you honestly think has a better chance of surviving? both people may survive but its a given that the smaller car is going to take more of the damage because it weighs so much less, therefore it takes less effort to bring it to a complete stop. I know there ARE very safe compact cars out there, my initial comment was a generalization.

once again, taking this off topic. ok im done.

EDIT: @ Lando below....true that. unfortunately in my case here i have a big and rather biased :censored:hole...err...opinion, about vans. sorry guys! its in my blood! no hard feelings Mr. Apex! :)

Mr. Apex

Opinons ARE like a$$holes; everyone has one.

On topic: GREAT videos.

Thank you all, really had fun playing around with this vid. Mr. Apex, the settings for the r34 arepracticaly the same as the r32. It gets sideways even easier too and i didn't have to use the e-brake to initiate most of those. Try it out and if its not slidng enough hit the regular brakes for more angle.
I actually had to restart this video halfway through, I was just really into it. It sucks with just a 30 gig system drive. I think its time for new compy... I will stil post from japan, just not as frequently obviously.

As far as big vs. little car I prefer to have the small and agile car and pray I can manuever and prevent accidents. I just can't drive a big vehicle. I'm a fan of the van tho 194gvan!

TRi
...Mr. Apex, the settings for the r34 arepracticaly the same as the r32. It gets sideways even easier too and i didn't have to use the e-brake to initiate most of those. Try it out and if its not slidng enough hit the regular brakes for more angle.

Thanks, TRi! The weekend is saved now... :dopey:

TRi
will stil post from japan, just not as frequently obviously.

Glad to hear that.

194GVan: No hard feelings either... I knew you wouldn't like my post :) And by the way, I'm about to enter my 15-year old, lightweight, overpowered rearwheeldrive car with no airbags... to head home trough heavy traffic. Love is often blinding our eyes from the truth.

LandoAWD: Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about opinions. I'm looking forward to learn more from your wisdom.

Have a good weekend, everyone. Spend it well. :cheers:

Mr. Apex
LandoAWD: Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about opinions. I'm looking forward to learn more from your wisdom.
If I didn't have such a solid grasp on sarcasm, I'd look forward to your future input on my opinons concerning opinions as well.

💡

Man that video is crazy dude...
Do you accellerate all the way through the drift or what?
It almost looked like you were on ice for some parts...
Could someone link me to those settings at all please?
Anyway, really skillfull driving... Keep it up kiddo...

Ash

I'll let off slightly here and there and brake as well. when it comes to awd i kinda consider it a balancing act between throttle, breaks, countersteer and ebrake.
settings were posted earlier but for those lazy ones
settings for the r32 and r34:
N2s up front
N1s in back (i know what you guys have to say about it, i don't care )
Driving Aids OFF

TRi
I'll let off slightly here and there and brake as well. when it comes to awd i kinda consider it a balancing act between throttle, breaks, countersteer and ebrake.
N2s up front
Driving Aids OFF

thanks for the settings! i was just testing them out on seattle circuit...tho i was able to pull off a few nice drifts, i found it quite difficult at times to get it thru the tighter sections. i like it tho...overall works really good.

i forgot to mention weight reduction 2. i think that is a big factor as well. for the tight corners, just mash the brakes to both slow you down and to get the back end to come out and then hit the gas when you're at a good point and countersteer when you're ready to come out. you can also give the ebrake a slight tap.

can't re-up it cuz my computer is now completely dead.

TRi
N2s up front
Driving Aids OFF

Thanks for the settings I couldn't drift my skyline at all before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back