TSR Super Formula SF19 - Season 1

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 566 comments
Everytime i think about someone holding the controller like a wheel and turning it I laugh. Doesn’t it feel so weird? Obviously it works because you’re quick but god you must look funny to watch
I tried it once, 2 mins in I had to stop. Just couldn't calibrate my brain to use trigger throttle + brake + motion sensor. Nothing like an actual wheel unfortunately.

When i use ds4 I use 6 axis and just as fast if not faster than wheel but I can't get away with the cornering assists in game feature.
But yes now since you have said it alex i can imagine the t-rex arms.

Just in case anyone is wondering, here is how I play GT Sport...
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-937775495.jpeg_1554830544621.jpeg

Good old 6 axis. I have seen a pic of a guy using a ds4 but it's mounted to a steering coloum which technically does the same job as a steering wheel minus ffb which I thort was a cool idea
I tried that, it's very hard to play this way. Technically it has 360 but you can't feel that, car wheel s just move too suddenly. If some one can play that way it must be very respectful :) you are really going to be fast with the wheel after that :)

Ok, this is pretty frustrating... Did a lot of practice for this race, in the first lobby there was nothing wrong, then we get a new one and suddenly 3 people saw me lagging massivly. I was typing a message and finished the first lap on autodrive, so I couldn't pit for fuel. A few months back I had someone who saw me lagging, except from that, never. So I wonder what caused it. The new lobby? AAAAARGHHH!

Anyhow, have a great race everyone, I'll be back at Fuji!

Sorry for starting the race early , no idea how I missed the back guys. We were in a hurry and thought we were all together on map sorry.

Just for once want a race to run on time. Anyway wasn't in the mood for it at all so parked up lap 10.

We have time constraints JC that's why we can't keep restarting. And my lobby doesn't like some people it seems.

I probably should of called for a restart after leaving some guys out of the start, however we already lost 15mins and it would take another 10mins messing about starting again. So I just accepted this race just wasn't to be and did some damage limitation by letting it run.

Cutting even more laps and restarting was probably the right thing to do. Live and learn.

Im not here next week, so you'll be in stigs capable hands.

Last edited:
Ok, this is pretty frustrating... Did a lot of practice for this race, in the first lobby there was nothing wrong, then we get a new one and suddenly 3 people saw me lagging massivly. I was typing a message and finished the first lap on autodrive, so I couldn't pit for fuel. A few months back I had someone who saw me lagging, except from that, never. So I wonder what caused it. The new lobby? AAAAARGHHH!

Anyhow, have a great race everyone, I'll be back at Fuji!
I had no issues with you you seemed fine on my screen. But I do think it mite be a few guys are on different pear to pear settings as I had the total opposite of drivers lagg or disappear on my screen.
I don't know what happened in my lobby but my ps4p totally died and wouldn't reboot. But anyway apologies for any trouble it caused. As caused a disaster of a night. I could carry on complaining but won't change anything. And sorry if I caused anyone else damage I'll take a 10 sec stop go penalty next round maybe that way I'll be in clean air.thst way i don't need to deal with wake in the fast bends.

Stig i have no idea how you don't remember hitting me in the pits, it's on Dirten's stream. I got engine damage and had to spend 5 seconds longer than I should've done then I get whacked into by Jimmy and then lapped and I had to unlap myself before I could go quick again so really it's cost me 10 seconds so it definitely cost me at least 1 place.

Never mind, really enjoyed that race, not very often that I'll be able to say Jomas was holding me up but he really was and I didn't have the balls to send it.

I think in future whoever's starting last should say a lobby time between 10-30 seconds of when they're ready on the grid, that way everyone will be ready and the mix in how long you have to wait could be a variable that might make it a bit more realistic as some starts happen quicker than others, that would be my suggestion anyway.

edit: were there any penalties from Suzuka implemented?

an unfortunate power surge sent me out of the race early. even if it didn't happen, i would have gotten pretty bad results because at the time my headache was close to being a migraine. Hope and pray my schedule allows me to race next week.

I don't exactly know what happened but my internet just disconnected. Maybe it would've been wise to reset my router after the first lobby died, there was enough time to do it.

Also, I just got word that I might be needing to come in to work earlier starting from next week, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it in future races. Would it possible to just put me in reserve so that you won't have to wait on me confirming attendance?

Seems like everyone had an issue of some sort in the race. Luckily for me, mine gave me the excuse to swap to the better strategy. Me and maarten knew a 2 stop was faster, but in the race we were covering each other and would only pit if the other did. He stayed out after my incident, and it would have come down to the last lap if he hadnt run wide and lost 9 seconds. AC made the exact same mistake earlier in the race.

Dirty air was again an issue when trying to lap cars. Everyone in the Nukeshot party was complaining about getting stuck behind lap down cars. I used a lot of my overtake trying to get through, but mainly had to wait for mistakes or cars moving out the way.

an unfortunate power surge sent me out of the race early. even if it didn't happen, i would have gotten pretty bad results because at the time my headache was close to being a migraine. Hope and pray my schedule allows me to race next week.
I still think you were in a position to win if that didn't happen, which really sucks. At very least, like at Suzuka, you showed me that you have the pace to fight to win this championship.

Big ups to @DrifterJoe for taking a win for the Nukeshot lads, as well as @MaarteN5H for yet another strong 2nd place! @WaikeCU also did a great job to raise his position in the latter stages, reportedly going around the outside of the Baguette-Meister from what I heard. Still had a bit of an issue with traffic and lag, but I'm glad that you managed to bring the car home well!

All around a mixed day in the Nukeshot camp, but mostly positive! :D

Well that was a good race for me until it wasn’t. The accident wasn’t ideal and that just destroyed my race. I have no issue moving to be lapped and would have got out the way @DrifterJoe but as I said, I had no idea you closed in so quick. @MPincombe it was more a very slight tyre rub on my screen, almost like we were battling for the apex so maybe the lobby had something to do with that. You didn’t move off line on my screen that’s what threw me off and I tried to move and ultimately got in joe’s way. I was 45s up on @T5Black and he managed to pass me before I got to the pits. I had enough and just gave up after that. I had a reasonable pace compared to what I had in practice wow little disappointed I couldn’t keep it.

@CrazyJohn, your warm up laps the past 2 races have been more like a dash to the start. When you leave the pits you need to let everyone bunch up instead of running away. You just shot off last night and that didn’t help @GTWelsh in the decision making that led to a very quick start. I hadn’t even stopped my car by the time I got the message when to go. I know you wanted to start and understand but if you’re pole next week, allow everyone some time to group up again. I was doing almost 150 on the first lap

The race is long, and unfortunately we had a lobby issue. I understand everyone wants to get going but refusing to join the race and/or complaining about the lag doesn’t help. Yes it sucked and ruined races but people were also commenting on race time.

Hopefully next week the lobby will be a non issue and everyone can stay in and the start actually starts. It’s a new system so tricky to get right. We will get there.

I had no issues with you you seemed fine on my screen. But I do think it mite be a few guys are on different pear to pear settings as I had the total opposite of drivers lagg or disappear on my screen.
I don't know what happened in my lobby but my ps4p totally died and wouldn't reboot. But anyway apologies for any trouble it caused. As caused a disaster of a night. I could carry on complaining but won't change anything. And sorry if I caused anyone else damage I'll take a 10 sec stop go penalty next round maybe that way I'll be in clean air.thst way i don't need to deal with wake in the fast bends.

Oh well, at least I held the fastest lap for a few minutes :D

Stig i have no idea how you don't remember hitting me in the pits, it's on Dirten's stream. I got engine damage and had to spend 5 seconds longer than I should've done then I get whacked into by Jimmy and then lapped and I had to unlap myself before I could go quick again so really it's cost me 10 seconds so it definitely cost me at least 1 place.

Never mind, really enjoyed that race, not very often that I'll be able to say Jomas was holding me up but he really was and I didn't have the balls to send it.

I think in future whoever's starting last should say a lobby time between 10-30 seconds of when they're ready on the grid, that way everyone will be ready and the mix in how long you have to wait could be a variable that might make it a bit more realistic as some starts happen quicker than others, that would be my suggestion anyway.

edit: were there any penalties from Suzuka implemented?
Remember is somthing you forget. But if your not showing on my screen there's not much I can do about it. As i did say before you were showing as 7th place behind me. If i caused you to crash into Jimmy all i can say is I'll be the bigger person and appoligese. But i did receive damage on one of my stops but i crashed into the wall as i thort i was hit from behind. Then after the pit Joe and Jimmy wiped out and my race was ruined as Joe was all over track and wasn't safe to pass. But my pain was else where lol
Yes race 1 suzuka penalties were handed out

Remember is somthing you forget. But if your not showing on my screen there's not much I can do about it. As i did say before you were showing as 7th place behind me. If i caused you to crash into Jimmy all i can say is I'll be the bigger person and appoligese. But i did receive damage on one of my stops but i crashed into the wall as i thort i was hit from behind. Then after the pit Joe and Jimmy wiped out and my race was ruined as Joe was all over track and wasn't safe to pass. But my pain was else where lol
Yes race 1 suzuka penalties were handed out
Sounds a lot like you were further back on track on your screen than other people saw on theirs (and the stream, I bet you'll see some interesting stuff on there compared to what you experienced!).

Sounds a lot like you were further back on track on your screen than other people saw on theirs (and the stream, I bet you'll see some interesting stuff on there compared to what you experienced!).
Yea now I'm not even sure on where i finished:lol:. I also honestly felt tho Joe was deliberately blocking me to pass with his damage after him n Jimmy crashed. But more i thort about it was i visable.
Just watched the live stream on there and i do hit pinkstuff into the pits. i didn't even suffer from any wake from him as i was flying on dk's screen. which normally any car i got near to i suffered from the worst wake goin but that's my bad using a Hsu. As suzuka i ran a HSO

Back