TSR Super Formula SF19 - Season 1

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 566 comments
I'm looking at the broadcast, and I almost wish someone wasn't here to be able to race haha!

Also, the fuel at the start system is a nice touch, I've used it back in the IGTL Championship (1st half of 2018) and it works pretty well even if people will tend to have the full tank. Maybe not in the SF19 since fuel has a huge impact but I like it.

A downside though is that, because of the flags/IG penalties, everyone is ghosted at the start. It looks weird on screen and most likely for the drivers too.

Also, to be easier on the organizers, maybe add a time where the races is supposed to start, let's say 7 or 8 mins, meaning having this amount of time for both formation laps, getting on grid, getting ready and going.

I'm looking closely to race one of the races (please, not Autopolis, I'm sick of driving on it hahahahaha)

Also, to be easier on the organizers, maybe add a time where the races is supposed to start, let's say 7 or 8 mins, meaning having this amount of time for both formation laps, getting on grid, getting ready and going.
This is a good point. Streamlining the qualifying and the amount of unscheduled waiting around we did is something I'm keen to do. The TSR GT300 format was nice because the quali was in the "race", which led naturally straight into the actual race.

I'm thinking we set a starting time. We could of started qualifying at around 10 to 9 last night, and so maybe we can make that the official quali start time. Quali should only take around 10 mins, so at 9pm we have a 5 minute break. With a lobby-race beginning at 9.05pm. Obviously then we have the lap into the pits (150kph this time) and the formation lap. so I'm thinking 9.15 race start?

I understand you're often short on time so would 8.50pm BST be okay for you (quali start)? @CrazyJohn .

I'm looking at the broadcast, and I almost wish someone wasn't here to be able to race haha!

Also, the fuel at the start system is a nice touch, I've used it back in the IGTL Championship (1st half of 2018) and it works pretty well even if people will tend to have the full tank. Maybe not in the SF19 since fuel has a huge impact but I like it.

A downside though is that, because of the flags/IG penalties, everyone is ghosted at the start. It looks weird on screen and most likely for the drivers too.

I'm looking closely to race one of the races (please, not Autopolis, I'm sick of driving on it hahahahaha)
I got annoyed knowing my tyres were going to be cold. Which indeed they did end up cold! No doubt that caused lap 1 issues and gave a few of us damage.
Liking Autopolis even less than in gt300.
I hate it! I have no good flow on pad let alone a new wheel.
Is there any particular reason why mechanical damage is off? It would be nice for the youtube stream
Visual damage you mean? @fastnloud30

Round 2 Details

CfPY699.png

Championship Standings
Qualifying starts at 8:50pm BST
Lights go green at 9:15 BST
150kph warmup lap / in-lap speed
56 Laps (+2)
RS + RM tyres available
1 set of RS to be used only
X3 tyre wear

Penalty Strikes
armoredcore12 ■
vrsSTIG ■
JoeOfTheFire ■
The_Noir_Antares ■

Link to this post in my sig.​

Last edited:
Visual damage is normally off due to gts terrible impression of damage #blur and looks *****. Other reason is I felt a lot of people have gone to a lot of effort to make a livery and doesn't look good on the stream but I'll turn on that's no problem at all. But for any reason if ppl want off please say so.

PENALTIES NOTICE R1

Penalties for this season works on a strike list. So say you crash into the car infront or take someone out and cause damage it's a 1 strike ■ each time done.
Unsafe rejoin and causing damage to other cars ■ each time done.
If you end up earning ■■■ strikes you will be giving a 10second stop go penalty for the next round No fuel/tyres.
If you have 2 clean races slate will be cleaned off.

Armorcore ■ dangourous rejoin lap1 causing pileup behind
Stig ■ impact lap 1
Joe ■ impact lap 1
The_noir ■ impact lap11

If clean at the end of yamagiwa
Please let me know to clean off your licence.

Thanks

Last edited:
@GTWelsh I'm not sure about this with the latests updates but normally, removing flags and every penalties should avoid the ghosting.

FYI, flags works alongside ghosting and when someone's ghosted in an area, that area is set to yellow by the game and so, even if you disable the ghosting, it'll stay enabled so the flag system works.

Visual damage is normally off due to gts terrible impression of damage #blur and looks *****. Other reason is I felt a lot of people have gone to a lot of effort to make a livery and doesn't look good on the stream but I'll turn on that's no problem at all. But for any reason if ppl want off please say so.

I honestly rather want it to be off. I like the liveries to remain colorful as they are, because visual damage for me on a Formula car is mostly terminal damage imo.

@GTWelsh I'm not sure about this with the latests updates but normally, removing flags and every penalties should avoid the ghosting.

FYI, flags works alongside ghosting and when someone's ghosted in an area, that area is set to yellow by the game and so, even if you disable the ghosting, it'll stay enabled so the flag system works.
Sucks, we need blue flags so probably just have to live with it.

I think halbstark asked the question of how to add the rear wing rear facing yokohama decal
And JAF decal to rear bash board/Jack point.
I've just done a quick live stream on how to add them. Hope it helps to anyone else who struggled.

Last edited:
Sucks, we need blue flags so probably just have to live with it.

Have you been lapped as well? I noticed that I got blue flags way too early. I think I got blue flags for @T5Black for about 8 laps or so. Then he was close enough to overtake. Its a little bit annoying to constantly get blue flags, so my opinion is that it could be set off.

About the visual damage : dont really care, I was just wondering :)

Have you been lapped as well? I noticed that I got blue flags way too early. I think I got blue flags for @T5Black for about 8 laps or so. Then he was close enough to overtake. Its a little bit annoying to constantly get blue flags, so my opinion is that it could be set off.

A lot of my guys were complaining about dirty air when lapping cars

They appear really early. And I'm sure I've seen them for no reason too haha. I think they do help a lot though.

And yes I have :D

I was getting a blue flag from Jimmy every time he was behind me which was distracting and confusing even when he was a lap down :lol:. Stupid GTS 🤬

But we need flags as it does help for leading cars to pass without been held up and same for a crash ahead to lift/coast

From what point was dirty air causing a problem as technically the cars with a blue flag should be giving way (lift/coast) to let them pass on the racing line.
I was actually faster when following. Didn’t have any dirty air effects whatsoever whether lapped or not

Dirty air is quite a thing in these cars. Personally I’ve had a few instances where backmarkers cost me quite some time as they moved quite late and the dirty air makes overtaking all the harder. I didn’t mind it every time as I do understand everyone is racing their own race, but please do keep the dirty air in mind ;)

Back