TSR Super Formula SF19 - Season 1

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 566 comments
I can't help when I exit the pits in around 7th...
yes but it continued the whole lap. the issue started from the race start too. We were flying round. It's supposed to be 120k's or so not 120mph. You have a track map as does anyone who is leading the laps. I'm not being nasty here, just be a bit more considerate to the race

Remember is somthing you forget. But if your not showing on my screen there's not much I can do about it. As i did say before you were showing as 7th place behind me. If i caused you to crash into Jimmy all i can say is I'll be the bigger person and appoligese. But i did receive damage on one of my stops but i crashed into the wall as i thort i was hit from behind. Then after the pit Joe and Jimmy wiped out and my race was ruined as Joe was all over track and wasn't safe to pass. But my pain was else where lol
Yes race 1 suzuka penalties were handed out

I had awful understeer from front aero damage. After you backed off before t2 to let me stay in front, I assumed you were ok to follow me round, and took as close to the normal racing line as I could.

@D-Max cj kept to the speed limit. The issue was the big gap between 9th and 10th that wasn't being closed.

Last edited:
I had awful understeer from front aero damage. After you backed off before t2 to let me stay in front, I assumed you were ok to follow me round, and took as close to the normal racing line as I could.

Tbh i wasn't sure where you were. I did come along side you then you were infront again. so I thort I'd just let you go incase i took you out. but that's not your fault. And appoligese if i caused the accident to loose you the lead

Well that was an eventful race!

Not sure what happened, but somehow the first lobby died. I heard I left first, but then I saw a bunch of drivers leaving before the lobby died while I was sitting on the grid. Then in the 2nd lobby hosted by @GTWelsh, it seemed fine at first, but then people were reporting I was lagging all over the place... Strange things. Because I was lagging all over the place I'd somehow gave @T5Black damage in the lap going back to the grid. Thus is why I was asking it to restart. I was fine on the stream, which is even more strange, because usually when I warp, I would warp all over the place on stream.

Anyway onto the race. I was clueless about the strategy, but the plan was going for a 2-stop at first with option on a 1-stop starting on RM's and hoping to benefit the faster tire on lighter fuel load in the latter stages. So I fueled more so I could optionally go longer. Somehow we did a 70s start as people were saying they weren't on the gridspot yet when we started. I was rushing things as well to get my revs prepared to launch off the line, so I missed it completely by bogging down.

Following cars on this track is really hard with the dirty air. It was noticeable when going through the technical esses, the front of the car just wouldn't turn in. That happened crucially when I was closing in on backmarker Dr_Hash fast and just veered off track with massive understeer because of the wake of his car. I think I could have had a chance of keeping @CrazyJohn behind (a bit longer) if it didn't happen.

I got the feeling because I was warping all over the place for some of drivers, they didn't notice me where I was. I got stuck behind backmarkers @T5Black and Dr_Hash for laps and it was like I was racing them for position... I went past Hash, but just couldn't find a way past T5 all the while my already aged RM's were starting to reach the cliff. I didn't want to lose more time so I pitted for fresh RM's as I had to switch back on a 2-stop now to make my race work. I rejoined back on track right behind Dr_Hash again as he pitted too, but left the pit right in front of me and yet again, I was stuck behind him. I was racing a backmarker like I was racing for position. Before I knew I bumped into him as well on the outlap causing damage to us both.

So I had to pit again to fix the damage, but I felt chances on a good result were gone now. I decided to focus on my own race and get the car safely back home.
Eventually things got interesting as @fastnloud30 and @MPincombe had a collision going into the pit, which meant I'd still had a chance on a good result. I stretched my stint on the 2nd set of RM's and made most of them just to keep @Jomas behind for the time being and hoping his tires (Softs?) would burn up eventually. With 12 laps to go, I pitted and went on to the fast RS tires. Low fuel load and fresh sticky tires meant I was flying on them. Exited 2s behind @MPincombe on fresher Softs than his meant 5th place was just a matter of laps even though he was the quickest car on track few laps before. @Jomas was 10s down the road, but I was catching him 2s a lap. Eventually with few laps till the end we had a massive dogfight. One attacking and the other defending with the overtake button on the straights. After a few attempts I knew I had to make it stick or else I would continue shredding those tires behind him. Benefitting of those fresh tires I overtook him around the outside in T1. I knew he would counter attack on the following straight so I defended the inside so he had to go around the outside on worn tires, which meant I would have the upper hand on grip. I was perhaps a little bit too aggressive on defense, but I thought it was hard but fair? I was already on the right side of the track, so I thought surely he isn't going squeeze his way into that gap.

It was a good race despite all the issues. I had fun with the wheel to wheel action with the famous @Jomas ! Kudos on the hard battle, I don't think I will get a lot of these chances, because mostly you would be gone in the distance in no time! :lol: Also proud on the fastest lap!

Kudos on @GTWelsh and @fastnloud30! Without you guys, there won't be any issues, but most importantly there won't be TSR championships! So no worries. We learn while we play! :cheers:

Kudos as well to @Hasse R, our Danish Hunt! Brilliant broadcast!

@WaikeCU

I had to back off after I put my fast laps in for a couple of laps as I realised I'd under fueled by 1 lap, it was why I didn't put up any resistance when you passed me into turn 1 :lol:

@fastnloud30

I could see you no problem, I knew you were close up behind me and I obviously saw it as most others would as Dirten's stream caught it as well.

How exactly were the Suzuka penalties handed out and served? I saw no mention of them in the lobby before the race or mentioned on here what they were going to be. Sorry for asking but I never got to see what happened to the person who punted me at Suzuka

@WaikeCU

I had to back off after I put my fast laps in for a couple of laps as I realised I'd under fueled by 1 lap, it was why I didn't put up any resistance when you passed me into turn 1 :lol:

@fastnloud30

I could see you no problem, I knew you were close up behind me and I obviously saw it as most others would as Dirten's stream caught it as well.

How exactly were the Suzuka penalties handed out and served? I saw no mention of them in the lobby before the race or mentioned on here what they were going to be. Sorry for asking but I never got to see what happened to the person who punted me at Suzuka
I never said that you couldn't see me I feel tho your trying to call me a liar. If I couldn't see you there's nothing I can do but your not the only person I couldn't see on track as waikecu by me wasn't on track after lap1.
Yes there's a penalty system and yes it's marked down.
And seen as I caused you damage it's marked down and like you say I hit you after the pits causing an accident with Alex and Joe I'll take a 10sec penalty next round.

I never said that you couldn't see me I feel tho your trying to call me a liar. If I couldn't see you there's nothing I can do but your not the only person I couldn't see on track as waikecu by me wasn't on track after lap1.
Yes there's a penalty system and yes it's marked down.
And seen as I caused you damage it's marked down and like you say I hit you after the pits causing an accident with Alex and Joe I'll take a 10sec penalty next round.

Speaking of it, I don’t think I have seen you during the race as well...

Here's VERT's updated entry for the rest of the season, except Nurburgring (there will be a different primary sponsor for that race).
VERT SF front left.jpg

VERT SF side.jpg

VERT SF rear left.jpg

I wonder why Jomas participated in Round 2 but not all others who asked to be in the reserve list before him..
Because he asked very nicely, was prepped and is a known clean racer with previous experience in TSR championships.

The reserve list is more of a pool, and known clean racers will naturally get priority. We've been burnt in the past with unknown (to us, at least) people coming in with what they think passes for clean racing, then causing arguments and generally derailing the series.

It's nothing personal. I really want a higher car count, because our championships always have much higher demand than the grid count available :( .

Edit: I will update the standings after work, sorry for the delay. Busy as always!

The reserve list is more of a pool, and known clean racers will naturally get priority. We've been burnt in the past with unknown (to us, at least) people coming in with what they think passes for clean racing, then causing arguments and generally derailing the series.
That's understandable.
Maybe you should check my YT channel and judge if I'm clean enough then. I'm not an FIA finalist, for sure. But I think I'm a respectful driver.
I'm sure that @CrazyJohn can confirm. I know him since GT5.

Sorry guys I've been no where to be seen lol.
Fuji race 06:15 conditions
X2 tyres of RH + RM
X1 fuel
56+2

@DrifterJoe good idea and if you like we will use that idea.

I think there also mite be a few spaces free for fuji @GTWelsh
I hope people that can't make it will inform us. Its annoying to have to chase everyone, we don't get paid for this work so please make it easy for us where possible :P

Latest Posts

Back