TSR Super Formula SF19 - Season 1

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 566 comments
done 200 miles on suzuka so far. My max in a fully curled car on fresh mediums is 1:41.2 and I have no idea how that is haha

How long you reckon we will be sitting on the grid before the start? Sat in the pits earlier and my tyres went cold, then I ran wide at T1 coming out of the pits :lol:

See the grid here

That's the main round 1 post I try to include in my posts. On a mobile now so it's more awkward.

The link to the main round 1 post is now in my signature and so is easy to find.

Round 2 will follow suit.

It's good to do this to track who is and isn't racing and any round specific stuff.

Last edited:
I'd just like to say, that race was fun, despite getting involved in one too many incidents.

It has to be said though, these cars feel like they are made out of paper with how easy everyone got damaged early on. Turn 1 at the start was really weird, where both Joe and I got damage even when it didn't look like we even made contact, and where I got damage on the entire left side and front aero just out of making contact with JC's sidepod into the chicane.

Also, that commentary was amazing. Although I think it's worth pointing that I'm actually not American, despite my PSN. I'm a Filipino living in Japan playing under an American PSN since third-world Philippines isn't a recognized region according to Sony :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I'd just like to say, that race was fun, despite getting involved in one too many incidents.

It has to be said though, these cars feel like they are made out of paper with how easy everyone got damaged early on. Turn 1 at the start was really weird, where both Joe and I got damage even when it didn't look like we even made contact, and where I got damage on the entire left side and front aero just out of making contact with JC's sidepod into the chicane.

Also, that commentary was amazing. Although I think it's worth pointing that I'm actually not American, despite my PSN. I'm a Filipino living in Japan playing under an American PSN since third-world Philippines isn't a recognized region according to Sony :lol: :lol:
You made my brain hurt with the that last sen10ce :boggled:

Indeed, the cars are wider than they look. I defended the inside line in turn2 (the first corner is officially T1 and T2), the other car (cant remember who it was) went wide as if I rammed him of the track, but on my screen there was plenty of room.

I was aiming for a top 10 finishing position, but around lap 12, I got a hit in the back which damaged my rear wing. Tried to keep on driving with the damage, but a few laps later, I lost the car and crashed into the barriers in the s'es. Car wrecked, race over. After that I was closing in on @dad24dh , but didn't manage to get closer than 4 seconds :( Looking forward to next race, hopefully I can replace someone again :)

Well that was a very underwhelming experience.

I knew going in to the race that I’d struggle but I didn’t realise I’d struggle that much.

Haven’t used my dfgt in a long time so using the new wheel on the PS4 was a huge challenge. Having gotten it on Monday I tried to put as much time in as possible but it just wasn’t enough. I’m content completing the grid at the back and getting back in to the swing of things though.

A couple of things to say. Apologies to anyone who came across me on the final flying lap. I misunderstood the amount of hot laps and used lap 6 as a cool down lap. I know I ruined at least 2 hot laps so sorry for that.

And the second thing is that 1st lap. It was like driving into a roadblock on turn 1. I understand people wanted to be careful but that was just too much. Watching the replay, going into the Esses, a car had went off track and decided to rejoin without even a glimmer of attention to what was going on around them. This then caused another back up which I’m sure gave at least 3 cars damage including myself after I went from 15th to 11th.

If you’re off track, please pay attention to what’s around you. I’m not naming because, first race and all that and people are just happy to get going which I understand.

Then the refuelling which I think waike also commented on. The game tricking you into thinking you were fuelling for 30 laps but then only really fuelling for 14 wasn’t ideal so an unscheduled stop for me. I did have pace in places though. I was following cj after he lapped me and I managed to hang on to him on his used mediums, on my hards. Same went for when welsh passed me and I got to watch him spin out. I managed to keep with him for a good 6/7 laps if not more until he lost it.

Positives and negatives to be taken from it. The biggest is definitely loads of seat time this week although I hate Autopolis and can’t get any rhythm as I hate the constant high speed low speed change.

Well that was a very underwhelming experience.

I knew going in to the race that I’d struggle but I didn’t realise I’d struggle that much.

Haven’t used my dfgt in a long time so using the new wheel on the PS4 was a huge challenge. Having gotten it on Monday I tried to put as much time in as possible but it just wasn’t enough. I’m content completing the grid at the back and getting back in to the swing of things though.

A couple of things to say. Apologies to anyone who came across me on the final flying lap. I misunderstood the amount of hot laps and used lap 6 as a cool down lap. I know I ruined at least 2 hot laps so sorry for that.

And the second thing is that 1st lap. It was like driving into a roadblock on turn 1. I understand people wanted to be careful but that was just too much. Watching the replay, going into the Esses, a car had went off track and decided to rejoin without even a glimmer of attention to what was going on around them. This then caused another back up which I’m sure gave at least 3 cars damage including myself after I went from 15th to 11th.

If you’re off track, please pay attention to what’s around you. I’m not naming because, first race and all that and people are just happy to get going which I understand.

Then the refuelling which I think waike also commented on. The game tricking you into thinking you were fuelling for 30 laps but then only really fuelling for 14 wasn’t ideal so an unscheduled stop for me. I did have pace in places though. I was following cj after he lapped me and I managed to hang on to him on his used mediums, on my hards. Same went for when welsh passed me and I got to watch him spin out. I managed to keep with him for a good 6/7 laps if not more until he lost it.

Positives and negatives to be taken from it. The biggest is definitely loads of seat time this week although I hate Autopolis and can’t get any rhythm as I hate the constant high speed low speed change.
Who ever left the race circuit plus re-joined without waiting in lap1 will be getting reviewed as that caused a lot of trouble and I seen a car goin flying off track due to the rejoin not sure if there was a pile up too though that incident.

The fuel I never take any notice too I do 1 lap on a full tank and that percentage used I multiply by the number of laps I'll be doin.

First race was more of a learning curve. I've not really had time to practice or even tune the car I was more wanting to learn close racing than fast laps. I caused damage lap 1 and I caused damage in lap 45 haha lol.

Replay footage will be viewed sometime today anyone with an incident left with damage please inbox one of the TSR lads with lap no° please thanks.

Couldn't wait for the season to start! I had a blast despite, disaster, incidents and the damage I had.

Before the race even began, my race was already compromised with way underfueling because we were going slow around the track and because I somehow shortshifted during the in-lap. It meant that I thought I was fueling for 29 laps, but in reality I only had 8 laps of fuel when we were going full speed. That's the reason I was flying around the first 8 laps.

I thought I had a nice clean getaway, which I did. Then saw @Neyrox (AC) kind of went wide because of a slower car. I just couldn't clear him in time, in which we made contact and I had a right wheel damage. I was hesitating in pitting already, but I had enough speed to continue and make progress, so I continued. I did a nice overtake on @GTWelsh around the outside into Spoon curve before pitting in lap 8, which demotes me back towards the back of the race.

The speed was there, but by preparing my attack on @RealJaySee I bumped into him going into Spoon as I was waiting to overtake on the exit onto the backstraight. Our entry speed diff was immense and it caught me off guard, which meant we both had damage. Sorry for that. So I pitted again and filled the lawnmower up to the end of the race, which wasn't the case as I still needed another 3-4 laps with 5 laps remaining as I was switching onto the RH compound.

Thought I had a large enough gap for the pitstop, but I exited when @fastnloud30 (VrsStig) was sailing by and we both wanted to enter T1 first, but that didn't work. wheel to wheel contact meant he was going wide off track. I waited for him to get back in front, because I thought that was just too unlucky for him to lose out like that. I hadn't used much of the overtake button the whole race and I fueled a little bit more, so I opened the engine up hunting down that RB monster.

At the last lap I tried the Kimi into T1, but too much speed meant I went a bit wide and off track. Last chance I thought was out of Spoon, but @fastnloud30 sent it into the barrier out of the hairpin, which was very unlucky for him!

6th after that amount of setbacks isn't too bad. Looking forward for more SF19 action! :cheers:

Kudos on hosting @GTWelsh @fastnloud30 and the brilliant broadcast @Hasse R ! :bowdown:

Couldn't wait for the season to start! I had a blast despite, disaster, incidents and the damage I had.

Before the race even began, my race was already compromised with way underfueling because we were going slow around the track and because I somehow shortshifted during the in-lap. It meant that I thought I was fueling for 29 laps, but in reality I only had 8 laps of fuel when we were going full speed. That's the reason I was flying around the first 8 laps.

I thought I had a nice clean getaway, which I did. Then saw @Neyrox (AC) kind of went wide because of a slower car. I just couldn't clear him in time, in which we made contact and I had a right wheel damage. I was hesitating in pitting already, but I had enough speed to continue and make progress, so I continued. I did a nice overtake on @GTWelsh around the outside into Spoon curve before pitting in lap 8, which demotes me back towards the back of the race.

The speed was there, but by preparing my attack on @RealJaySee I bumped into him going into Spoon as I was waiting to overtake on the exit onto the backstraight. Our entry speed diff was immense and it caught me off guard, which meant we both had damage. Sorry for that. So I pitted again and filled the lawnmower up to the end of the race, which wasn't the case as I still needed another 3-4 laps with 5 laps remaining as I was switching onto the RH compound.

Thought I had a large enough gap for the pitstop, but I exited when @fastnloud30 (VrsStig) was sailing by and we both wanted to enter T1 first, but that didn't work. wheel to wheel contact meant he was going wide off track. I waited for him to get back in front, because I thought that was just too unlucky for him to lose out like that. I hadn't used much of the overtake button the whole race and I fueled a little bit more, so I opened the engine up hunting down that RB monster.

At the last lap I tried the Kimi into T1, but too much speed meant I went a bit wide and off track. Last chance I thought was out of Spoon, but @fastnloud30 sent it into the barrier out of the hairpin, which was very unlucky for him!

6th after that amount of setbacks isn't too bad. Looking forward for more SF19 action! :cheers:

Kudos on hosting @GTWelsh @fastnloud30 and the brilliant broadcast @Hasse R ! :bowdown:
I couldn't believe I sent it to the barrier too eager on the power I think as I knew my only chance was straight line speed.
And thankyou guys for racing ace work.

Back