Turn 10 Reveals New Details on Forza Motorsport 8

VXR
As a start of a new generation, I would much prefer a smaller, curated car list, but with actual Street, Sport and race body kits for the cars. Where licensed kits exist, have those too of course.

Just freshen up a stale part of Forza at the perfect time.

This game is going to be a cross gen title and still available on Xbox One. Im sure that most carmodels from FM7/FH4 will return as they are. Its most likely that the power of the Series X will be used for Raytracing and refined track details. Many other technical parts of the game will propably be similiar to FM7 on One X, including a 4K/60 presentation, cars and tracks that are already part of the series.

Having driven a lot of AC on a steeringwheel in the last months I recently switched back to FM7 on controller and I actually appreciate the controller handling more now. The sense of what is the car is doing is pretty good.

I hope the Wheelhandling of FH8 gets a lot better but that it still has some forgiveness to it. Too hardcore and it will become a frustrating experience.

VXR
Except it really doesn't. Forza 6 for instance is actually more understeer prone than GT Sport.
The issue with Forza is their suspension model, they have WAY too much compliance and travel. Go drive the 2017 Renault F1 car for example and you can watch it porpoise over all the bumps in the road whilst the car stays level. Upwards of 5 inches of visible suspension travel at high speed. It’s ridiculously unrealistic. Nothing like driving a GT3 car and having it swallow 8 inch tall kerbs without upsetting the balance at all.

The issue with Forza is their suspension model, they have WAY too much compliance and travel. Go drive the 2017 Renault F1 car for example and you can watch it porpoise over all the bumps in the road whilst the car stays level. Upwards of 5 inches of visible suspension travel at high speed. It’s ridiculously unrealistic. Nothing like driving a GT3 car and having it swallow 8 inch tall kerbs without upsetting the balance at all.

I mean thays kind of how suspension works. As for GT3 cars rattling over kerbs, go play ACC, they absolurely can ride kerbs, not all of them, but they can.

Forza has always been very underrated in its physics, its far far better and more detailed than its ever given credit for (funnily enough on a Gran Turismo forum I know). I enjoy Gran Turismo but for more Forza has always felt a bit more authentic and the car characteristics are much more obvious.

evento-xbox-julio.jpg

Maybe more news?

evento-xbox-julio.jpg

Maybe more news?
Yes! And what's even better, PG should have another Torben Tuesday during that week too like they always do, especially before spring in FH4 starts. Not to hold onto hope, but maybe, just MAYBE, we will have the next set of cars that will be showcased in FM8 come to FH4, like the Koenigsegg Jesko for example. The Corvette C8 Stingray and the Mk.V Supra (A90) and another car to follow.

Can't wait to see FM8 at the Xbox event on the 23rd!! :D

like the Koenigsegg Jesko for example.
I honestly don't see the Jesko coming to FH4, The One:1 and Agera RS are already right at the top of S2 class in stock tune, which would but the Jesko well into X-Class as stock, and with 700 cars in the game there are currently none that are X-Class in Stock tune.

Looking forward to the event. Hope we do see something about Forza. Playground games apparently showing something too but that will likely be their untitled RPG project that's definitely Fable.

I honestly don't see the Jesko coming to FH4, The One:1 and Agera RS are already right at the top of S2 class in stock tune, which would but the Jesko well into X-Class as stock, and with 700 cars in the game there are currently none that are X-Class in Stock tune.
Ahh you do have a point. Who knows, maybe PG will surprise us with another car in its place if not the Jesko. :D

*Thinks and imagines* :)

Not sure what this is, but apparently it's some sort of code name for a "Forza game". Sounds to me it's Forza Motorsport 8.

Might be the first leak for Forza so far. Found this out on Resetera if anybody is interested.
Linky

Speaking of leaks, here's one from 4Chan that was quickly deleted. Seems pretty plausible but as one commenter said, it doesn't have a differing feature that would really make it a believable leak.

Speaking of leaks, here's one from 4Chan that was quickly deleted. Seems pretty plausible but as one commenter said, it doesn't have a differing feature that would really make it a believable leak.

All of the above sounds reasonable, including story mode with cinematics and a release date later then expected. There is one problem, though. This sentence:
"targeting a Locked 4K@120Fps with ray tracing enabled."

Thats completly unrealistic. 4K 60 with RT, yes. GT7 does that, too. 4K 120 with RT, no. The Series X will be a power house, but not that powerfull. 4K 120 with no RT should be possible in a cross gen title like this.

Not so keen on the keen on the ‘sandstorm’ description if true, just seems too gimmicky imo, like the absurd puddles when introduced rain to series.

Honestly wouldn’t complain about about delayed to 2021 release though.

Hoping the alleged new sim features means a dramatic overhaul of the physics and driving model. Especially for wheel users.

“Don’t expect 700 cars at launch”

So we’re going to see an FM5-style purge of the car list then? Although I can understand quality over quantity, I don’t see cutting the car list necessary when *most* of the current-gen models look future-proof enough for me.

I wouldn’t say that cutting the car list is a bad idea- it worked wonders for GT3 and arguably GT Sport- but I wouldn’t do it simply in the name of ‘quality over quantity,’ which was the same logic Turn 10 used for FM5 to mixed results.

700 to 300 or less? the same thing what happened in Forza 5, well no matter if the car selection is good. The rest looks interesting.

“Cutting cars” good lord, did they learn nothing from FM5? There’s a reason it’s the lowest rated game in the franchise. GT Sport had the same problem. So much backlash over the supposed revamp that they had to backtrack and start adding back a lot of the stuff they cut. Even then, GT Sport at least had a reason to drop ¾ of GT6’s car list: basically all of them were ports from the PS2 games.

Spend all that time and effort to source and scan cars, just to toss the info away. Probably to charge it again as DLC. But hey “muh quality over quantity” because asking for both is apparently too much to ask of fecking Microsoft, the single largest tech company on the planet.

300 cars is more than enough for me. My garage on FH4 has 700 and I don;t use more than 50.

I hope to see some good footage on the 23th. curious about the physics and track temperatures etc.

Its fake, IMO. First of all, FM8 will be crossgen title and there isnt any reason to cut car content, especially after all that rehashed godawfull models from FM4 for FH4. Second, locked 4k120 with RT sounds unrealistic, DLSS-like 4k120 is more realistic with some RT features.

“Cutting cars” good lord, did they learn nothing from FM5? There’s a reason it’s the lowest rated game in the franchise. GT Sport had the same problem. So much backlash over the supposed revamp that they had to backtrack and start adding back a lot of the stuff they cut. Even then, GT Sport at least had a reason to drop ¾ of GT6’s car list: basically all of them were ports from the PS2 games.
They didn't back track, that's pretty stupid to put it that way. They updated models and added them in as they finished. GTS didn't have any better a reason, they had the exact same reason. Wasn't there something like 300-500 Premium vehicles in GT before GTS? So why would the game only launch with 180~? These lists can do with cutting and trimming, but the point stands that you have absolutely no idea what is or isn't getting cut, or the quantity, so maybe try waiting for some actual information. You're quite literally making a mountain out of a molehill.

Spend all that time and effort to source and scan cars, just to toss the info away. Probably to charge it again as DLC. But hey “muh quality over quantity” because asking for both is apparently too much to ask of fecking Microsoft, the single largest tech company on the planet.
Yeah, that's what happens with licensing. Many games experience this exact same issue, especially Gran Turismo. How are you so blind to things that you're accusing? The extremely stupid part here is that Forza has given away a ton of free content, but hey, lets just completely ignore that to pretend that the asinine things you say are true. :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t say that cutting the car list is a bad idea- it worked wonders for GT3 and arguably GT Sport- but I wouldn’t do it simply in the name of ‘quality over quantity,’ which was the same logic Turn 10 used for FM5 to mixed results.
It wasn't even necessarily that. In part, yeah, but not entirely. There was no way they were going to have 600+ re-touched vehicles in time for the next game launch, considering how fast they turn them around.

I love everything of what I have read from that leak, literally EVERYTHING:

- less cars
- quality over quantity
- tire heat and pressure
- new suspension system
- full dinamyc weather
- complete overhaul of the career mode
- reboot for the series, back to sim roots
- and so on...

Too good to be true...

Only missing the tire wear, and then will be my wet dream for Forza 8.

I really hope all this is true, and no problem of they need couple more months to launch a gorgeous game.

I love everything of what I have read from that leak, literally EVERYTHING:

- less cars
- quality over quantity
- tire heat and pressure
- new suspension system
- full dinamyc weather
- complete overhaul of the career mode
- reboot for the series, back to sim roots
- and so on...

Too good to be true...

Only missing the tire wear, and then will be my wet dream for Forza 8.

I really hope all this is true, and no problem of they need couple more months to launch a gorgeous game.
Could have sworn tire wear is already in the games? I haven't played in so long that I can't exactly remember though.

Last edited:
I hope that leak is fake, just for the "Need For Speed story modes with character cinematics and a full blown storyline".
Which sounds horrific to me and would smack of 'How can we make the game more appealing to the Horizon crowd' instead of how can make this the ultimate game for fans of motorsports.

I'm perfectly OK if they dump the following: Formula 70's, 90's, Open Wheel Legends and Birth of Grand Prix. they are incomplete categories anyways and better suited for the F1 games. Dump Formula Drift if they are not going to implement serious drift competition. Dump Formula E. Dump Formula Spec and Formula Mazda Spec (but please introduce Ginettas, they would be perfect for starter classes). Dump the Renault R.S. 17. Dump the rallycross/rally cars if you are not doing rallycross/rally seriously (expand if you do). Dump all the Forza Specials (that's 24 cars). Dump the trophy trucks (better suited for Horizon). Dump the Hoonigans. Dump the Indycars (unless you seriously simulate formula Indy). Dump the Mercedes racing truck. Dump the modern off roaders (again, unless you do really have offroad events). Dump ALL the SUV's (23 cars). Dump NASCAR. Dump the off road buggies. Dump the Polaris, Rally Heroes and Showroom Rally classes. Dump all Fast&Furious cars. Dump the Vintage Off Roaders.

Back