Turn 10 Reveals New Details on Forza Motorsport 8

I'm perfectly OK if they dump the following: Formula 70's, 90's, Open Wheel Legends and Birth of Grand Prix. they are incomplete categories anyways and better suited for the F1 games. Dump Formula Drift if they are not going to implement serious drift competition. Dump Formula E. Dump Formula Spec and Formula Mazda Spec (but please introduce Ginettas, they would be perfect for starter classes). Dump the Renault R.S. 17. Dump the rallycross/rally cars if you are not doing rallycross/rally seriously (expand if you do). Dump all the Forza Specials (that's 24 cars). Dump the trophy trucks (better suited for Horizon). Dump the Hoonigans. Dump the Indycars (unless you seriously simulate formula Indy). Dump the Mercedes racing truck. Dump the modern off roaders (again, unless you do really have offroad events). Dump ALL the SUV's (23 cars). Dump NASCAR. Dump the off road buggies. Dump the Polaris, Rally Heroes and Showroom Rally classes. Dump all Fast&Furious cars. Dump the Vintage Off Roaders.
I'm fine with all that, but leave my Honda Odyssey out of it :P

I'm perfectly OK if they dump the following: Formula 70's, 90's, Open Wheel Legends and Birth of Grand Prix. they are incomplete categories anyways and better suited for the F1 games. Dump Formula Drift if they are not going to implement serious drift competition. Dump Formula E. Dump Formula Spec and Formula Mazda Spec (but please introduce Ginettas, they would be perfect for starter classes). Dump the Renault R.S. 17. Dump the rallycross/rally cars if you are not doing rallycross/rally seriously (expand if you do). Dump all the Forza Specials (that's 24 cars). Dump the trophy trucks (better suited for Horizon). Dump the Hoonigans. Dump the Indycars (unless you seriously simulate formula Indy). Dump the Mercedes racing truck. Dump the modern off roaders (again, unless you do really have offroad events). Dump ALL the SUV's (23 cars). Dump NASCAR. Dump the off road buggies. Dump the Polaris, Rally Heroes and Showroom Rally classes. Dump all Fast&Furious cars. Dump the Vintage Off Roaders.

So basically all that'd be left under your regime would be LMPs and GT cars. Sounds like a boring game, kind of like PC2...

A bunch of this stuff is a lot of fun to drive, even on proper circuits...

@ImaRobot
Cutting content is not “making a mountain of a molehill”. It’s not a licensing issue and you know it. That’s an obvious red herring on your part. There once was a time where the mere idea of a game deliberately cutting content from its predecessor was unthinkable. Then again, that was also the era where you could expect to get a full functional game at launch without a thousand patches or pay real additional money for the chance to unlock a special cosmetic item. My, how the industry has fallen where people legitimately believe a AAA developer is incapable of keeping content out of a lack of competence. “Take what you are given and do not criticise. Consoom product. Game development is hard, do not expect more than the bare minimum of effort.”

Also, I don’t much appreciate you calling me stupid for disagreeing with your opinion. Aren’t there rules on this forum against insulting users?

Cutting content is not “making a mountain of a molehill”.
You're misreading - You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

There once was a time where the mere idea of a game deliberately cutting content from its predecessor was unthinkable.
What era was that? Because as far as I can remember, when a game has multiple iterations it's very likely that something that was in the predecessor was sometimes excluded from the next iteration. Especially when it comes to games like this, that have real world licenses and vehicles in it. Cutting content is a very normal thing in this kind of genre, and for multiple valid reasons.

Then again, that was also the era where you could expect to get a full functional game at launch without a thousand patches
Yeah, no there wasn't :lol:. I'd be hard pressed to find a single game that came out 100% functional with absolutely zero issues. Hell, even before this digital age we were literally stuck with broken games solely because they couldn't do nothing to fix it because there was no digital-foundation to push through patches. They'd have to make corrections by either waiting for a second iteration, or re-releasing a game. You got some rose-tinted glasses there bud.

pay real additional money for the chance to unlock a special cosmetic item.
You're definitely right there. What's that got to do with this though?

My, how the industry has fallen where people legitimately believe a AAA developer is incapable of keeping content out of a lack of competence.
What a stupid idea, to pretend that it's just being cut for the sake of being cut because they want to re-release as DLC. What insider information do you have that you're able to make that call before the game came out? There are vehicles that just don't legitimately fit, as well as duplicates that just aren't needed. In this genre, its just not feasible to pretend that they can just keep all the content for ever - licenses just don't work like that.

“Take what you are given and do not criticise. Consoom product. Game development is hard, do not expect more than the bare minimum of effort.”
Except no one is saying that. I'm sure you can think of something better than a strawman.

Also, I don’t much appreciate you calling me stupid for disagreeing with your opinion. Aren’t there rules on this forum against insulting users?
I didn't call you stupid - I said that's a stupid way to put it, because it was. Go report the post, let the mods deal with it.

So basically all that'd be left under your regime would be LMPs and GT cars. Sounds like a boring game, kind of like PC2...

A bunch of this stuff is a lot of fun to drive, even on proper circuits...
To be fair, I'm not against the cars per se, but to how they were implemented in FM7, which is basically the same blueprint over and over (a series of races on predetermined tracks and conditions, all classes slave to homologation, no resemblance to real racing rules/conditions). If they have Indy cars, do Indy racing properly, If they have NASCAR, have proper NASCAR rules, if they want SUV's create a racing division out of them, and so on, just don't have contents for the sake of having content.

Probably to charge it again as DLC.
I like how this seems to be the entire crux of this multi page diatribe you're going on; as if you simply insisting that that must be why they may have to cut some cars from the FM7 roster means everyone needs to treat it as true, else they are sheeple like the ones who who line up to buy Pokemon games after 15 years of laziness and lies from Game Freak.

Last edited:
I mean seriously, cutting down on content will cause so much outrage and backlash from the community and die-hard fans, myself included. That is why, in my opinion, Motorsport 8 should probably launch with an even larger number of cars than what Motorsport 7 has in its final form. If it can reach over 1,000 cars, given the new additions from Horizon 4, as well as the re-introduction of Lexus, Toyota and Scion, it wouldn't be that impossible, and would actually be great for this upcoming game.

As much as people want to recreate the feel of actual racing, there also has to be a factor of having cars that will cater to everyone's tastes. Like me, I do love me some good race cars, but I also kind of like some variety and fun in between with the cars I see in a Motorsport game.

The Motorsport games are all about offering a realistic driving experience whilst retaining the massive car lists from across all the titles, so that there is always something for everyone, even the odd-ball cars. The newly-redesigned physics can even open up possibilities for certain types of cars as well.

Who wants plenty of cars to be left out where the variety of cars we've experienced would be completely gone? Does that mean we will experience a scenario similar to Motorsport 5 all over again?

Having to cut down on the car count for Motorsport 8 would be absolutely unreasonable and totally horrific, and despite the new changes, it will really seem like a step backward. I don't know why some people here think it's a good thing where it really isn't, even if they would think this would be under the guise of "quality over quantity".

All the cars in Motorsport 7 are built exactly in the same graphical quality, and all they need for it to be on the Series X is a minor graphical polish and the new ray-tracing features.

And besides, it is highly likely that Motorsport 8 would still be an Xbox One title, with an enhanced Series X version with all the bells and whistles that make it so (hopefully it will support "smart delivery"). I'm sure most of you remember that the Xbox Series X won't have exclusive for up to a year or two.

While I do love the improvements such as the newly-redesigned physics geared towards realism, dynamic time of day and weather on all tracks and off-road/rally racing, the car count should not be cut down at all.

In all honesty, even having a fully-blown NFS-style storyline for Motorsport 8 is way too ambitious, but we shall see.

Last edited:
By all means, deflect some more. Not that you had anything substantial from the get go.
I take that as meaning no, you’re not.
I like how this seems to be the entire crux of this multi page diatribe you're going on; as if you simply insisting that that must be why they may have to cut some cars from the FM7 roster means everyone needs to treat it as true, else they are sheeple like the ones who who line up to buy Pokemon games after 15 years of laziness and lies from Game Freak.
>implying T10 has never done it before

Having to cut down on the car count for Motorsport 8 would be absolutely unreasonable and totally horrific,
No, it really wouldn't. The car list definitely needs a better sense of focus and balance.

I don't know why some people here think it's a good thing where it really isn't, even if they would think this would be under the guise of "quality over quantity".
Why is it bad, and how much is being cut?

I take that as meaning no, you’re not.
I take you completely deflecting anything and everything as an acknowledgement of what I said and of how asinine your post was. Glad we agree 👍

I mean seriously, cutting down on content will cause so much outrage and backlash from the community and die-hard fans, myself included. That is why, in my opinion, Motorsport 8 should probably launch with an even larger number of cars than what Motorsport 7 has in its final form. If it can reach over 1,000 cars, given the new additions from Horizon 4, as well as the re-introduction of Lexus, Toyota and Scion, it wouldn't be that impossible, and would actually be great for this upcoming game.

As much as people want to recreate the feel of actual racing, there also has to be a factor of having cars that will cater to everyone's tastes. Like me, I do love me some good race cars, but I also kind of like some variety and fun in between with the cars I see in a Motorsport game.

The Motorsport games are all about offering a realistic driving experience whilst retaining the massive car lists from across all the titles, so that there is always something for everyone, even the odd-ball cars. The newly-redesigned physics can even open up possibilities for certain types of cars as well.

Who wants plenty of cars to be left out where the variety of cars we've experienced would be completely gone? Does that mean we will experience a scenario similar to Motorsport 5 all over again?

Having to cut down on the car count for Motorsport 8 would be absolutely unreasonable and totally horrific, and despite the new changes, it will really seem like a step backward. I don't know why some people here think it's a good thing where it really isn't, even if they would think this would be under the guise of "quality over quantity".

All the cars in Motorsport 7 are built exactly in the same graphical quality, and all they need for it to be on the Series X is a minor graphical polish and the new ray-tracing features. And besides, it is highly likely that Motorsport 8 would still be an Xbox One title, with an enhanced Series X version with all the bells and whistles that make it so (hopefully it will support "smart delivery").

While I do love the improvements such as the newly-redesigned physics geared towards realism, dynamic time of day and weather on all tracks and off-road/rally racing, the car count should not be cut down at all.

The car list in the Motorsport games is massively and unnecessarily bloated. There are many cars shouldn't even be in FM7 and would be better off on Horizon. There's no point in having a massive car list for the sake of simply collecting cars. There is such a thing as having too much content, especially for a racing game that is in desperate need of a solid direction.

I agree that there are vehicles currently that should be left out of FM8, mainly the off-roaders (unless dirt courses are added in). I don't understand why in the past few games, T10 has been so insistent on adding off-road biased vehicles in a paved-track racing game, and then Playground somehow not adding them into the Horizon games where they would be more fitting. There are so many other vehicles that would be right at home on a paved track that have not been added yet. I'm not against cutting content for the sake of just because, however I am in favor of cutting back on the "unique and crazy" vehicles in the Motorsport games and instead adding some more "I could see that racing around a paved track" vehicles. I'm also baffled that despite what T10 has been saying, there are a few vehicles that span back to FM1 that have yet to be truly remodeled to the standard of the other vehicles.

However, I will say that I am not opposed to cutting down the list if it means they add much more in the way of body parts and visual accessories similar to the Need for Speed and Midnight Club games that allow for players to create some unique cars (and yes I would welcome underbody lights too, however I could see that being more of a Horizon accessory). I've also mentioned elsewhere about having more factory body parts that allow you to make more models out of the main car (1996 Mustang Cobra having the LX bumpers and hood for example).

Oh, so they're revamping the car models again? GOOD! I hope they actually create new models for some of them this time rather than just revamping their old ones from the X360 & original Xbox days.

So we’re going to see an FM5-style purge of the car list then? Although I can understand quality over quantity, I don’t see cutting the car list necessary when *most* of the current-gen models look future-proof enough for me.

I wouldn’t say that cutting the car list is a bad idea- it worked wonders for GT3 and arguably GT Sport- but I wouldn’t do it simply in the name of ‘quality over quantity,’ which was the same logic Turn 10 used for FM5 to mixed results.
Just wait a darn minute there! We don't even know how many cars they cut this time round, they only said "don't expect 700 cars". That still leaves it open to multiple possibilities, we could end up with 300-400 cars for all we know.

Maybe they just scrapped all of the models that were merely updated models from the earlier Forza titles. That would make sense for quality.

Last edited:
It wasn't even necessarily that. In part, yeah, but not entirely. There was no way they were going to have 600+ re-touched vehicles in time for the next game launch, considering how fast they turn them around.
I suppose you’re right, though honestly all of FM5’s DLC left me suspecting they were holding cars back. It was great to see cars come back for Horizon 2/3/4 and Motorsport 6/7 though, and I think Turn 10 recovered for the most part.

One thing the FM5 purge did was get rid of modern, low-class, everyday cars that made the 360 games, particularly FM4, special. I think the current games are still lacking in that department. If they salvaged those cars, I don’t think the cuts made for FM5 would have been that bad. I suppose the strategy Turn 10 had for FM5 worked in 2013, but in retrospect I think it has left big gaps in the car list.

I suppose you’re right, though honestly all of FM5’s DLC left me suspecting they were holding cars back. It was great to see cars come back for Horizon 2/3/4 and Motorsport 6/7 though, and I think Turn 10 recovered for the most part.
It was definitely an interesting time, but I think they've moved on from that pretty well, especially with FH4 as of late, with it's load of free content. If that's anything to go by, I have at least some hope.

One thing the FM5 purge did was get rid of modern, low-class, everyday cars that made the 360 games, particularly FM4, special. I think the current games are still lacking in that department. If they salvaged those cars, I don’t think the cuts made for FM5 would have been that bad. I suppose the strategy Turn 10 had for FM5 worked in 2013, but in retrospect I think it has left big gaps in the car list.
Oh definitely, that's one of my gripes with the current gen games actually. I still do miss the 1999 Honda Civic and Nissan Versa, they were actually pretty fun little cars. I would be for more cars like that added to the current games, but with what everyone seems to ask for and want, and what new cars that get introduced, I'm not so sure we'll see too many like that anymore.

The massive car count is part of why I still play Forza over any other car game. I love all the weird and wonderful cars Forza offers that no other racing game would even think to add, Apart from maybe the older Gran Turismos. I'd be sad if the car list was cut down.

The car list in the Motorsport games is massively and unnecessarily bloated. There are many cars shouldn't even be in FM7 and would be better off on Horizon.

I personally have had a lot of fun racing the off-road trucks and minivans around the Nurburgring. I don't want Forza Motorsport to go too serious and turn into a super hardcore sim to compete with Asseto Corsa or iRacing. I'd like FM8 to take the Motorsport aspect of the game a bit more serious, but not so much so to lose what it is that makes Forza Special to me. I want it to take on Gran Turismo 7 as the entry level sim racing game, Something that can still be accessible enough to get non car people into the game without being overly unforgiving to new players the way the more hardcore sims are.

Having a small car list after T10 and PG has built them all up since FM5, will be the biggest mistake that won't be taken kindly.

FM5 was criticized for its lack of content compared to FM4 - a game in which is still hold to a high regard among the Forza community. Cutting that down once again will just piss off the community..We're just got back Toyota, Lexus and Scoin(?) again, and I for one will NOT stand for another cut down, especially not like GTS which was heavily criticized for it.

And no, I don't want Forza turning into AC or iRacing 2.0s. I understand the name "Motorsport" needs more thought and attention. But that doesn't mean we should just turn Forza those those generic racers that are IMO utterly boring. There is a reason why I hold Forza to a high regard compared to its competitors, even Gran Turismo, and that is the car list and the overall package it provides as a "game" not a "sim".

If FM8 can balance it's car list like in FM1, while bringing back the spirits of the X360 era Forzas, that would be excellent in my book!

I'd be disappointed if to much got removed, it would probably keep me from purchasing day 1 but I will get it eventually no matter what. Really depends on what they cut, I still want all of my oddballs.

They have to update many car models that they have been using since FM1, like the R32 and the F355 just to name a few, If they’re able to update them and reintroduce them as free DLC in the future then the removal of some cars wouldn’t be that bad.

I'm for a smaller car list at launch, if it means better car sounds, better chase cam (Some cars look weird with the high camera position) and they add to it over time. A smaller car list could give them time to give cars different liveries, something 'boring' sims do, which is great for 'one make' races.

Personally I’d definitely be disappointed if we see a major cull, like FM5. If it’s still around the 500-600 range I’ll be happy. One of the major draws for me personally is the extent and variety of Forza car lists, some of the odd bod cars are fantastic and I love learning getting to know and drive cars I never would in any other game.

The same 4Chan leak that was posted to reddit the other day. Sounds great but the "aiming for 4K 120FPS with ray tracing" throws it off. I have no doubt FM8 will have 4K, 120FPS, and Raytracing, just not all at the same time. GT7 is pushing 4K 60 with raytracing, and I expect FM8 will do the same, while 120FPS mode would disable real time raytracing and possibly run with dynamic resolution scaling to keep up the performance.

I'd rather be expecting 1,000+ cars for Motorsport 8 rather than the car list being cut down. All these new cars, restored cars and leaked ones would be useless if the car list would be brought down.

And actually, it's not impossible, given there are 785 unique cars in Motorsport 7 (not including Forza editions), and assuming every car from the Xbox One era returns, this could well be it.

Anyone wishing for a smaller car list for the next game, or those who say that certain cars should just be left in Horizon are not real Forza fans.

They also belong in Motorsport as well, because there's always something for everyone.

Fight me.

I'm all for lots of cars too, but if there was a valid reason for streamlining the list to say 400-450 (or even less), I would be fine with that also. Like if we got significantly more car customization on most cars (both performance and visual), higher fidelity models, and more balanced car classes/PI system for racing at the expense of losing a lot of bloat in the list then go for it. Would that happen though? Unlikely.

I'd rather be expecting 1,000+ cars for Motorsport 8 rather than the car list being cut down. All these new cars, restored cars and leaked ones would be useless if the car list would be brought down.

And actually, it's not impossible, given there are 785 unique cars in Motorsport 7 (not including Forza editions), and assuming every car from the Xbox One era returns, this could well be it.

Anyone wishing for a smaller car list for the next game, or those who say that certain cars should just be left in Horizon are not real Forza fans.

They also belong in Motorsport as well, because there's always something for everyone.

Fight me.

I'm all for having an amazing car list but wish they would put the same amount of effort into the EVENTS you race them in.

Last edited:
Back