Turtle Racing League :: Friday Night Enduro Racing Series : Thanks for the Memories Turtles!!Full 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 709 comments
Sorry, fell asleep. Will look to be available for the next one, I just realised how late things were starting relative to the UK.

Sorry, fell asleep. Will look to be available for the next one, I just realised how late things were starting relative to the UK.
It's all good. We got started a little bit later than planned too.

The racing was fun last night, especially race 2 for me. Congrats to Lightning and RacingOtaku on their wins. 👍

7378158908_f219026f59_o-jpg.618918

Turtle Racing League - Enduro Series

Season 2
Race 2: Slide Job City - Two 45 Minute Races -

March 10th, 2017

Track: Eiger Nordwand K Trail - Forward / Reverse
Car: Citroen C4 WRC '08 | Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08 | Suzuki SX4 WRC '08
Tires: Dirt
Laps: 11

Division 1

Round 1

Pole - lightning22dfb1

1st Place: lightningdf22b1 (Fastest Lap - 3:51.446)
2nd Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 3:55.880) +1:12.655

Round 2

1st Place: lightningdf22b1 (Fastest Lap - 3:51.420)
2nd Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 3:52.254) +8.378
3rd Place: MrRacingline (Fastest Lap - 3:58.580) +1:09.195

Red = Fastest Lap
Blue = Close Finish

Turtle Racing League - Final Results - Division 1

1st Place: lightningdf22b1 (100 Points - Pole - Perfect Score)
2nd Place: DolphDrago (90 Points)
3rd Place: MrRacingline (42 Points)

Division 2

Round 1

Pole - RacingOtaku86

1st Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fastest Lap - 3:52.583)
2nd Place: littleregret265 (Fastest Lap - 3:57.454) +38.523
3rd Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 4:22.943) +1 lap

Round 2

1st Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fastest Lap - 3:50.613)
2nd Place: littleregret265 (Fastest Lap - 3:57.114) +1:36.299
3nd Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 5:15.035) DNF

Red = Fastest Lap
Blue = Close Finish

Turtle Racing League - Final Results - Division 2

1st Place: RacingOtaku86 (100 Points - Pole - Perfect Score)
2nd Place: littleregret265 (90 Points)
3rd Place: AngryEater (84 Points)

Turtle Racing League - Race Night Recap

Breakdown: Slide Job City

On the cliffs of the Bernese Alps, we found our group of Turtles piloting some intense WRC machinery. The course was the Eiger Nordwand K Trail, run for 11 laps with 5 drivers raring to go at the start. Lightningdf22b1 was the fastest Turtle in qualifying, lining up his Citroen C4 at the front. RacingOtaku86 in his Suzuki SX4 was positioned in second with the fastest D2 time on the mountain, and Littleregret265 took his C4 on to start 3rd place. DolphDrago and AngryEater were both driving SX4s, and occupied 4th and 5th place, respectively.

Race 1
Lightning and DolphDrago were our only D1 drivers for race 1, and Lightning managed to live up to his name, setting stunning pace throughout the race and leading from start-to-finish. Dolph was taking an aggressive approach to the gravel, but he kept it controlled and had to deal with LR265 getting in his way. The two of them did have an excellent scrap going through the entire run along the mountainside. However, he wasn’t able to unleash his full potential and had to settle for fourth overall at the finish.

Meanwhile in D2, RacingOtaku86 was quick to get ahead of the D2 field and exert dominance; also going on to win the race from green-to-checker. Littleregret265 was trying to hang on to Otaku’s pace, but after a few laps he settled in and had a great battle with DolphDrago, extending into the final laps of the race, fortunate enough to take 3rd overall and 45 points. AngryEater brought the car in a lap down from the pack, and netted 42 points for the race.

Race 2
Not only did we flip the grid around this time, but we also flipped the direction of the course, running the K trail in its reverse variant for the second race. Also, MrRacingLine joined the Division 1 drivers, though he had to start at the back of the pack. DolphDrago now led the D1 charge going down the mountain, starting 2nd overall, with Lightning gridded up in 5th overall. Lightningdf22b1, still driving the Citroen, gained a couple of positions within the first lap and was power sliding everywhere, looking to take every opportunity to catch DolphDrago as soon as possible. Dolph was running his race at the front of the pack, though he had switched to the Ford Focus WRC, though RacingOtaku86 was putting on a lot of pressure from behind. RacingLine had gotten his Focus up to 4th, and was now holding off LR265 from D2.

Dolph, Lightning, and RacingOtaku were all involved in a fierce fight for the lead about halfway through the race. On lap 6, Lightning was able to make a decisive move and take 1st place back from Drago. However, RacingOtaku took the overall lead and Lightningdf22b1 took second overall, still earning 48 points plus the extra 2 for winning both races. DolphDrago placed in 3rd overall, earning another 45 points and finishing the weekend strong. RacingLine managed to get ahead of Littleregret265 and pull out a gap, finishing 4th overall and taking 42 points

RacingOtaku86 again exerted dominance in D2, taking not only the class win, but also the overall win. Littleregret265 had a good run with MrRacingLine, but ultimately brought the car home in 5th place, earning the same points as in race 1. AngryEater retired from the rally after some problems on the 1st lap, but still took 42 points.

Overall Standings
For our drivers in D1, it was Lightningdf22b1 who had a perfect weekend, scoring 100 points after earning pole and winning both races in Division 1. DolphDrago earned himself 2nd place after scoring 90 points in both races, putting last season’s champ back on the map. RacingLine, only competing in the 2nd race, earned 42 points.

In Division 2, RacingOtaku86 also had a perfect weekend, scoring his own 100 points and contending with the guys in Division 1. Littleregret265 earned 90 points after a solid showing, and stood firmly in 2nd. AngryEater in 3rd, took 84 points away from the weekend.

Congrats to our winners, Lightningdf22b1 and RacingOtaku86 on two perfect showings at Eiger! Even without the Phish we still managed to have ourselves a good night of racing, thanks to Littleregret265, DolphDrago, and everyone who showed up for race night on the dirt!

I’m excited for next week, where we’ll be taking the shifter karts to a medley of 6 tracks where it will be hotly contested. I’m also very glad to say that I know some familiar faces will try to make it out for this one, so we should have some great battles shaping up in both Divisions. Until then, keep racing, and TURTLE POWAHH!

This is what I was talking about. I got screwed over in the last race because of a simple glitch where I couldn't see my fuel gauge.
This was taken during the pit stop.
IMG_0610.JPG
Oh well. nothing that can be done about it.

It's also kind of funny that the only track I lost at was the one track that I didn't practice for.

Anyhoo, thanks guys for an awesome night of racing. Was a lot of fun. Especially the Matterhorn race!

Aware of that...

Looks like I need to be invited to said club first before being able to partake.

And, thanks LR, ah well... better luck next week.
Sorry storm I will send a club invite any second so your set for future events

Sorry for the inconvenience

Sorry storm I will send a club invite any second so your set for future events

Sorry for the inconvenience
It's not a problem.

Next week will be interesting indeed... for me the races start at 2am (unless BST kicks in) and I have 6am til 6pm shifts for the next 2 Saturdays.

This is what I was talking about. I got screwed over in the last race because of a simple glitch where I couldn't see my fuel gauge.
This was taken during the pit stop.
View attachment 634716
Oh well. nothing that can be done about it.

It's also kind of funny that the only track I lost at was the one track that I didn't practice for.

Anyhoo, thanks guys for an awesome night of racing. Was a lot of fun. Especially the Matterhorn race!
That's odd.

But if you had 2 less HP like (most of) the rest of us, it wouldn't have been a problem. :P I'm amazed at how much better fuel mileage I got than you because of that tiny HP difference. It was nearly a full lap at Tsukuba and Brands. Madrid would have been interesting had it been just a couple of seconds longer. I could make one more lap on my tank, but I doubt you would have been able. Though it appeared you took it easy a few laps, as evidenced by my random time gains on you. Unfortunately for me, you were just far enough ahead to let the clock tick down to 0 before crossing the line without me catching you. :irked:

In any case, great job last night on all those wins! 👍 And Matterhorn was extremely fun.

View attachment 617475

Turtle Racing League - Friday Night Enduro Series

Overview

The Turtle Racing League features weekly Spec Racing using single make untuned cars. The Enduro Racing Series has only a few basic parameters in order to have maximum flexibility in the race format. Race sessions will be on Friday night at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific. Qualifying for the 1st race will always be "fastest first" in Practice Mode. "Reverse grid" will be used for subsequent races.

Format

Friday Night Spec Racing

Race Time - 10pm Eastern

•Race Format - Three 30 Minute Races, Two 45 Minutes Races , or One 90 minute Race

Qualifying Alone - 5 Minutes (unless Noted)

Settings

Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Assists: ABS only
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Penalty: Off unless noted otherwise
Mechanical Damage: Off unless noted
Grip Reduction: Real
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: Optional
Boost: Off
Reverse Grid: Yes

Tire restriction: Based on Dealership PP (unless noted otherwise)

Below 300pp - Comfort Mediums
300pp to 349pp - Comfort Soft
350pp to 399pp - Sports Hard
400pp to 449pp - Sports Medium
450pp to 499pp - Sports Soft
500pp to 549pp - Racing Hard
550pp to 599pp - Racing Medium
600pp & above - Racing Soft

Tire Wear

Comfort Tires - Very Fast
Sport Tires - Fast
Racing Tires - Normal

Point Systems

2 Race Points System

1st place - 48 points
2nd place - 45 points
3rd place - 42 points
4th place - 39 points
5th place - 36 points
6th place - 33 points
7th place - 30 points
8th place - 27 points
9th place - 24 points
10th place - 21 points
11th place - 18 points
12th place - 15 points
13th place - 12 points
14th place - 9 points
15th place - 6 points
16th place - 3 points

Bonus Points: 2 points for the Pole position and 2 points for 1st place finishes in both races for a possible 100 points

Tie Breaker: In case of a tie, the driver with the faster lap time overall will take the higher position

3 Race - Points System

1st place - 32 points
2nd place - 30 points
3rd place - 28 points
4th place - 26 points
5th place - 24 points
6th place - 22 points
7th place - 20 points
8th place - 18 points
9th place - 16 points
10th place - 14 points
11th place - 12 points
12th place - 10 points
13th place - 8 points
14th place - 6 points
15th place - 4 points
16th place - 2 points

Bonus Points: 1 point for the Pole position and 3 points for 1st place finishes in all 3 races for a possible 100 points

Tie Breaker: In case of a tie, the driver with the faster lap time overall will take the higher position

- We use Google Spreadsheets to enter our data in along with Driver Stats, that can be viewed to anyone by clicking Here to view the Turtle Sheets

Policies Overview

Turtle Racing League provides hard racing every Friday night. We all are expected follow the GTPlanet OLR Rules weekly and take pride in Race Craft on the track. We aim for an competitive field of racing every week, yet an fun atmosphere for all drivers every week.

Qualifier Information

We require all drivers to show up at least 5 to 10 minutes in advance before race start. When qualifying, all mics must be muted to avoid distraction unless host states that mic is allowed. All qualifying sessions are 5 minutes long unless started for a certain event for allowing drivers to get the required amount of laps needed to start. Minimum of 2 laps and a max of 5 laps shall be done in qualifying. (If shorter track, it will be acceptable in its time period of 5 minutes). A qualy session will only be restarted if 2 or more dc in qualy, and return to the lobby. Please listen careful to your division Host Steward on the calls during qualy sessions and in race.

The First Turn Rule - It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. 4) If you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn.

Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to effectively avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers who are being careful and doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. You can not win the race on the 1st turn or even the 1st lap. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in incidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass on the low side. The trailing driver must also have gained at least a half a car length lead before braking begins so the leading driver can see his position and avoid contact.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. Drivers are expected to keep a respectful manner at all times when sending in an incident. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward. All racing incidents or racing related issues shall be dealt with privately and under no circumstance mentioned publicly.

How To Join Turtle Racing League

Step 1: Post in the thread that you'd like to Join.

Step 2: Include an Unique Racing Number that hasn't been used, and your PSN in your request Post. (Refer to Drivers List Post on Post 3)

Step 3:
Buy the cars for the race you plan to race and perform an Oil Change on your car(s).

Step 4: A Club Invite will be sent to you in order to race every Friday night. Welcome to Turtle Racing League, Have Fun, and Race Hard :cheers:

Club ID: 1053517

Turtle Stewards

League Owner: @Ph1sher

Schedule Director: @littleregret265

Host Director: @micantony

Results Manager:
@Dolph Drago
fastdude2 here. As an avid racer and a coordinator of racing series myself, I'd like to join!

fastdude2 here. As an avid racer and a coordinator of racing series myself, I'd like to join!
Welcome to Turtle Racing League, if you could let me know your psn, and a number you'd like to race with I'll invite you to the club and you should be all set.

Welcome to Turtle Racing League :cheers:

Racing is Tonight!!

I'll be hosting as we will all be in 1 room! Tonight we have the Pike Peak at Apricot Foward. First race during the day and second race at Night! :)

Little fun Fact: In case you didn't know, this was the 1st WRS Time Trial on GT6 hosted by @Gravitron and @EDK and many of the WRS Stewards. The people at WRS and how they run their Time Trials and Online Races is very impressive and great people!

Hope to see you tonight at Apricot! I'll be Hosting so I'll have the room open an hour prior to race time :cheers:

Back