Turtle Racing League :: Friday Night Enduro Racing Series : Thanks for the Memories Turtles!!Full 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 709 comments
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend tonight's final race.

I've reached out to @Dolph Drago and @littleregret265 and our stewards but no response yet.

I just want to thank every single person who has raced with Turtle since the early Gt5 days up to today. @Psycho Turtle who ran it back then then I ran it from time to time. Unfortunate it comes to that time of my life where I must take a step back. This summer I will be racing in real life and will post GoPro videos for you guys to check them out.

I also want to thank to our loyal turtles who have sticked around since day 1 some include @micantony @Dolph Drago @randy1122 @littleregret265 and much more that I probably forgot. And to also mention the turtles that recently joined.

In season 1, we had an absolute fantastic run with week in, week out with 2 divisions. It was SO Cool to see everyone so active with the league and wanting to become faster! I believe what ran season 1 so well was because of the long posts, time into each post, and the effort overall.

Huge special shout out to @Dolph Drago and @littleregret265 for doing the results over the years for Turtle. Your guys dedication is unbelievable and definitely something to recognize!

Moving forward for Turtle, I've been thinking about having our own PM to keep in touch with each other to see how things move along. I don't plan to host a turtle series in GT Sport but we will see what happens as time goes along.

Behalf of Turtle Racing League, I want to Thank EVERYONE for coming out each Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for Turtle races from the GT5 days to the GT6 days.

Some of Turtle Series we had include F1, Nurb, Enduro, Flex, Tyro. Fulled with hundreds of racers over the years.

Lastly..

Thank You

Ph1sher - Jordan Fisher
Thanx for everything. Good luck with racing and looking forward to your race videos.

I'm officially not racing tonight. Like @Ph1sher 's official announcement of retirement, I'm actually announcing my retirement from GT6 racing and quite possibly all of online sim racing.

In GT6, racing online is no longer fun for me. Ever since the WRS days, I've gradually lost my ability to have fun in that game. It didn't help that I take the wheel vs. pad debate seriously and I seriously believe that pad users are ultimately slower than the wheeled counterparts. I could never get my head around to have fun; I absolutely had to win and be competitive with the leaders. Because of that, I suffered mentally and I became a danger to me and the other racers, hence my lack from racing EVERYwhere.

Perhaps one day I'll return but at the moment I can't race competitively with other human players. I don't want to think about how talented they are and I'm next-to-nothing to them. I know it's all mental things, but it is tough to get over stuff like that when you're mentally challenged yourself.

I just don't want to deal with the issues right now and I want to stick to the arcade-y racing games. Actually, I want to dive into the DiRT games; I'm sure they have options for both tuning and non-tuning drivers alike.

I do want to thank everyone for all the good memories and good races we had.

I've reached out to @Dolph Drago and @littleregret265 and our stewards but no response yet.

I just want to thank every single person who has raced with Turtle since the early Gt5 days up to today. @Psycho Turtle who ran it back then then I ran it from time to time. Unfortunate it comes to that time of my life where I must take a step back. This summer I will be racing in real life and will post GoPro videos for you guys to check them out.

I also want to thank to our loyal turtles who have sticked around since day 1 some include @micantony @Dolph Drago @randy1122 @littleregret265 and much more that I probably forgot. And to also mention the turtles that recently joined.

In season 1, we had an absolute fantastic run with week in, week out with 2 divisions. It was SO Cool to see everyone so active with the league and wanting to become faster! I believe what ran season 1 so well was because of the long posts, time into each post, and the effort overall.

Huge special shout out to @Dolph Drago and @littleregret265 for doing the results over the years for Turtle. Your guys dedication is unbelievable and definitely something to recognize!

Moving forward for Turtle, I've been thinking about having our own PM to keep in touch with each other to see how things move along. I don't plan to host a turtle series in GT Sport but we will see what happens as time goes along.

Behalf of Turtle Racing League, I want to Thank EVERYONE for coming out each Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for Turtle races from the GT5 days to the GT6 days.

Some of Turtle Series we had include F1, Nurb, Enduro, Flex, Tyro. Fulled with hundreds of racers over the years.

Lastly..

Thank You

Ph1sher - Jordan Fisher
Thanks for reviving and running the league...several times. :lol: You put in a ton of work and it was much appreciated. But real life takes priority, whether it's school or work. And while it might be great running a league, I can imagine it's even better getting to do the real thing, such as yourself.

Thanks for everything, Phish. 👍
I'm officially not racing tonight. Like @Ph1sher 's official announcement of retirement, I'm actually announcing my retirement from GT6 racing and quite possibly all of online sim racing.

In GT6, racing online is no longer fun for me. Ever since the WRS days, I've gradually lost my ability to have fun in that game. It didn't help that I take the wheel vs. pad debate seriously and I seriously believe that pad users are ultimately slower than the wheeled counterparts. I could never get my head around to have fun; I absolutely had to win and be competitive with the leaders. Because of that, I suffered mentally and I became a danger to me and the other racers, hence my lack from racing EVERYwhere.

Perhaps one day I'll return but at the moment I can't race competitively with other human players. I don't want to think about how talented they are and I'm next-to-nothing to them. I know it's all mental things, but it is tough to get over stuff like that when you're mentally challenged yourself.

I just don't want to deal with the issues right now and I want to stick to the arcade-y racing games. Actually, I want to dive into the DiRT games; I'm sure they have options for both tuning and non-tuning drivers alike.

I enjoyed every battle we had together. The memories of you destroying us whenever we raced on dirt or snow was something. Also when you dominated us at Sierra in the S2000 Turbo. Fun times. I wish you well with whatever you decide to do. If we still have a league going come GT Sport, you know you're always welcome to join us again. :)

Lastly..

Thank You

Ph1sher - Jordan Fisher
Thank you Ph1sh for the hard work you put into trying to revive this league. I could tell though that you were getting too busy when they pretty pictures stopped showing up pre-race. I wish you the best of luck with your real-life racing this year and sincerely hope you'll fire something back up for Turtle Racing League in the winter.

I completely understand the frustration behind the wheel vs. controller narrative. I feel it almost every race I do. In fact, that was the reason why I was not very active racing here. I did that one round at Motegi and that was it. A lot of these combinations in TRL, WRS, and all of the other non-tune series make it very hard for us to get some good footing.

Hopefully see you around once you've rested up for a while and are ready to get back in the mix.

I completely understand the frustration behind the wheel vs. controller narrative. I feel it almost every race I do. In fact, that was the reason why I was not very active racing here. I did that one round at Motegi and that was it. A lot of these combinations in TRL, WRS, and all of the other non-tune series make it very hard for us to get some good footing.

Hopefully see you around once you've rested up for a while and are ready to get back in the mix.

Thanks my friend. The only reason I race at all is the people. If the group of racers are good and the atmosphere is inviting, I'm going to gravitate to that. The WRS was one of those places but, thanks to me, a certain someone despises me and he doesn't want to deal with me at all. I don't know if I'll come back to the WRS again.

will the Turtle Sheets be updated to show results from the final races?

And GT SPORT will Prevail !! Just like the rest of the GT's over the years ☺☺
... as the most accessible game to play, the choice of the masses, but Granturismo fell to the back big time in terms of realism, drivability and physics.
But I will have it... absolutely. Not as my main game but as an alternative to different tracks, cars and people.

... as the most accessible game to play, the choice of the masses, but Granturismo fell to the back big time in terms of realism, drivability and physics.
But I will have it... absolutely. Not as my main game but as an alternative to different tracks, cars and people.

Schmiggz.....What's up buddy?

Still racing as hard as I can, buddy.
You can find me on Assetto Corsa and soon on Project Cars 2.
What you up to?

I am still waiting for Gran Turismo Sport to come out. I had no idea it would take this freak'n long or I might have gotten AC or PC2. I've already pre-ordered though. Now I just need to get a wheel and a PS4 and I'll be good to go. I look forward to racing with you again!

@Dolph Drago
Hey bud. I dont see you on any of my leaderboards for the gtsport demo times. :mischievous:
Do you need more amazon gift cards? :lol:
I'll be getting one more card this Sunday (family party for those with fall birthdays...mine was last week :sly:). Then I shall be going on my spending spree.

With that said, when we revive the Turtle, I don't believe I'll be able to steward or do the results. 5 years after graduating from college, I've decided to go back to school. Well, online courses. (I really don't want to be at my current job for the rest of my life :boggled:) Anyway, between that and working full time, I can't guarantee I'll make every race. And I'll have much less time to work on results, do race recaps and so on. Still excited to start racing again soon, though! :D

i received my pre-order shipping notice for GTSport from amazon (good deal with Prime when i preordered forever ago).

its supposed to arrive tomorrow! :dopey:
My rig is in pieces and i am building a platform for it, so i might be on a controller for the first few days :(

Cant wait and glad to see Psycho and Dolph will be getting it! Always fun to race with you guys. :cheers:

Good Luck going back to School Dolph, what are you going to pursue if you dont mind me asking? (you can PM me if you prefer).
Great idea to do it now and not put it off. I have put it off going on 27 years now:lol: or is that :dunce:
DO IT!

Hopefully we can all find a new series to join and race or maybe someone will grab the Turtle Mantle and run with it. My skillz are weak these days, but i look forward to racing regardless.

:gtplanet:

Back