Turtle Racing League :: Friday Night Enduro Racing Series : Thanks for the Memories Turtles!!Full 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 709 comments
Good to know. With how close the TV sits in my setup 40" is all the bigger I want.

We have 65" curved screen, 65" flat screen, 55" flat screen, and 49" flat screen 4K UHD HDR televisions on display and even with the 49" you can tell the difference in resolution is there it is just isn't as noticeable. On a 40" screen it would be even less so. I am not advocating against a 4k UHD HDR television, all I am saying is if you get one, get a BIG one.

Dolph#1!.JPG

Anybody know why my times aren't showing up on the friend rankings? You can see my record on the top, but I'm not anywhere on the leaderboard. I'm in the rankings for the other tests I did earlier in the week, but none since tonight. What gives?

View attachment 682573
Anybody know why my times aren't showing up on the friend rankings? You can see my record on the top, but I'm not anywhere on the leaderboard. I'm in the rankings for the other tests I did earlier in the week, but none since tonight. What gives?
that's for everyone until PD / GTS fixes it. Just gotta wait until they fix that glitch :)

Loving GTS btw over here! running with the top guys is awesome! :)

I'm an idiot. I made it all the way to the final driving school event before I really poked around the options and realized I've had my controller sensitivity set at 0 instead of 7. :dunce: No wonder the cars have felt so heavy and tough to turn. I just chalked it up to new physics. When I changed the sensitivity for the final driving school event, it felt glorious! Much easier to drive now. :lol:

I'm an idiot. I made it all the way to the final driving school event before I really poked around the options and realized I've had my controller sensitivity set at 0 instead of 7. :dunce: No wonder the cars have felt so heavy and tough to turn. I just chalked it up to new physics. When I changed the sensitivity for the final driving school event, it felt glorious! Much easier to drive now. :lol:

Hey Dolph, have you thought about using the Dual Shock 4 motion function?

You can turn/rotate/lift sides of joystick and it senses your left/right up/down movement. Kind of like wii motes if you ever played with one.

Supposedly it works extremely well in gtsport (search threads). I havent tried it myself yet.

Edit: here's the thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/you-have-to-try-motion-control-steering.361602/

Prefered method seems to be holding ds4 level and lifting right and left sides to steer? (Rather than holding it in air imagining a wheel) Worth a try.

Last edited:
You can turn/rotate/lift sides of joystick and it senses your left/right up/down movement. Kind of like wii motes if you ever played with one.

Supposedly it works extremely well in gtsport (search threads). I havent tried it myself yet.

Edit: here's the thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/you-have-to-try-motion-control-steering.361602/

Prefered method seems to be holding ds4 level and lifting right and left sides to steer? (Rather than holding it in air imagining a wheel) Worth a try.
I can attest to it. It's very good once you train your brain. You get a good range of steering and also fine input control. It's no wheel but I love playing GT Sport like that when I'm away from my PS4 (via Remote Play).

I tried using it like a wheel. It took me forever to complete a lap without going off track and it wore my shoulders out. :lol: I briefly tried the flat method and lifting the sides, but I couldn't get used to it. I may give it a try again tomorrow.

Afterwards, I went back to my tried-and-true, old school method of X, square, and directional buttons and was right quick again. I've just been using it for so many years, it's what feels natural for me.

I tried using it like a wheel. It took me forever to complete a lap without going off track and it wore my shoulders out. :lol: I briefly tried the flat method and lifting the sides, but I couldn't get used to it. I may give it a try again tomorrow.

Afterwards, I went back to my tried-and-true, old school method of X, square, and directional buttons and was right quick again. I've just been using it for so many years, it's what feels natural for me.
The only advice I can give is make sure the steering sensitivity is up if you use motion controls, and I get the fatigue thing. Looking forward to running with you guys soon (but I gotta get my ratings up first)

I haven't even attempted an online race yet. I don't think ratings matter in a private lobby....could be wrong though.

I haven't even attempted an online race yet. I don't think ratings matter in a private lobby....could be wrong though.
The ratings don't mean anything for regular lobbies, I was just kidding about how my ratings are still relatively low compared to some of you guys, IIRC.

I was just trying to slow you down Dolph! hehe

not sure if anyone is looking or knows someone looking, but Best Buy has the Logitech G29 wheel for $199 for a couple days as an early black friday deal.
I cant see it falling much below that price point if you're in the market.
Peace guys.

Edit: oh yeah, and i'm seeing the ps4 dropping to $199 on Black Friday everywhere already.
This christmas will be the year of the ps4 at that price!

not sure if anyone is looking or knows someone looking, but Best Buy has the Logitech G29 wheel for $199 for a couple days as an early black friday deal.
I cant see it falling much below that price point if you're in the market.
Peace guys.

Edit: oh yeah, and i'm seeing the ps4 dropping to $199 on Black Friday everywhere already.
This christmas will be the year of the ps4 at that price!

Great, thanks mic. Btw my new PSN user name is TEXAS-TURTLE-ONE. My son took my old one. He had been playing BOIII with it and has a lot of special weapons, gestures, camo, and outfits plus he gets a kick of being called Psycho.

Great, thanks mic. Btw my new PSN user name is TEXAS-TURTLE-ONE. My son took my old one. He had been playing BOIII with it and has a lot of special weapons, gestures, camo, and outfits plus he gets a kick of being called Psycho.
Figured that was you with a new name requesting to be my friend. :D

LOL. Psycho_Turtle taken?

it's funny because all this time i thought you were so into Black Ops! little did i know...

LOL. Psycho_Turtle taken?

it's funny because all this time i thought you were so into Black Ops! little did i know...

Yes, virtually everything Turtle is taken. Heck, I might have taken it myself and forgot which fake email address I used. lol

If anyone follows IMSA they have a channel on ROKU now!

Thanks martin

Probably going to open up a room Friday night around 7pm central. Any Turtles want to get together come on in. If your not on my friends list send me an FR at martin_ky. I will post on Friday when I have the room open.

do we do the PS4 group chat./party thing? I'm a little rusty on how that works, do we just join or is an invite needed to chat? any idea?

Back