Turtle Racing League :: Friday Night Enduro Racing Series : Thanks for the Memories Turtles!!Full 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 709 comments
hope next Friday is better. got knocked off track second race. Not a fun night at all
Sorry if I squeezed you off there at the end, I thought I left you enough room but I guess not.

Overall, great night, glad Turtle is finally back! :D

hope next Friday is better. got knocked off track second race. Not a fun night at all
PM me the incident and I'll take a look to help improve the racing for you, all the drivers, and the league

Learned a lot tonight to improve the league for future Friday nights especially qualifying. There will be league update this week.

@Dolph Drago will be posting results this week :cheers:

Very happy overall the atmosphere and racing looked very well tonight on a tight close combo. However still need to make a few slight adjustments to improve race craft in league.

Well done everyone! The racing will only get better from here

Shout out to wrs guys for joining us :cheers:

Awesome racing tonight, guys! It was a great turnout. 👍

Personally I had some good scraps with Whitey both races. Too bad I couldn't keep you behind me. :mischievous:

This is next Fridays Races in case anyone is wondering.

Race 2: January 13, 2017 l Three - 30 Minute Races

Deep Forest - Forward

Round 1: VW Golf IV GTI Touring Car '01 l Sport Medium l 30 Minutes

Round 2: Honda CR-Z Touring Car l Sport Medium l 30 Minutes

Round 3: Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) Touring Car '04 l Sports Soft l 30 Minutes

-- More information to come this week 👍

ALL: be sure to PM one of the Stewards if you experienced (or witnessed) any incidents with other drivers. It's for the benefit of everyone and the league so we can ensure fun, close and Clean racing for all. No public calling out please, let the team of Stewards handle it for you post race, we have experience dealing with various situations.

Thanks!

P.S. a couple drivers did experience a bit of lag last night we noticed, and that can cause incidents the driver isnt even aware of. If you see someone lagging, let the stewards know as well. We can try to help them. Usually lag just happens at random with gt6 as many of you are aware though. Just realize that before you start casting blame; lag sucks, but its something we all have to learn to deal with occassionally.

Last edited:
This looks fun, can I join in?

The_Noir_Antares / #94
Of course you can 👍 I'll get you added to the drivers list and you can join the Turtle Racing League Club ID#1053517

If you have questions about the league itself or anything we are here to help out :cheers:

Good to see you join! Hope you have a great time out there on track! :cheers:

Truth be told, your stream brought me here. I was online on PSN during the race and I got curious since most of the racers here are on my friends list, seeing them pop up online one after the other made it feel like something was happening. When I watched the stream it looked really fun with a lot of guys on track.

Here's a Picture to sum up the night for the Turtle Racing League Opener! Can't get much better than 16 Roadsters entering turn 1! :cheers:

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

7378158908_f219026f59_o-jpg.618918

Turtle Racing League - Enduro Series

Race 1: Mazda Roadsters at Laguna - Two 45 Minute Races -
January 6th, 2017

Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Car: Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Tires: Racing Hards
Laps: 29

Round 1

Pole - dylanlikes88

1st Place: GTP_GTRacer22 (Fastest Lap - 1:31.601)
2nd Place: micantony (Fastest Lap - 1:32.403) +2.490
3rd Place: randy1122 (Fastest Lap - 1:31.682) +2.764
4th Place: dylanlikes88 (Fastest Lap - 1:32.318) +8.779
5th Place: kross_24 (Fastest Lap - 1:31.443) +13.461
6th Place: Pokey2301 (Fastest Lap - 1:32.330) +13.680
7th Place: Whitey093 (Fastest Lap - 1:32.085) +15.773
8th Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 1:32.073) +19.174
9th Place: GTP_Gravitron (Fastest Lap - 1:31.727) +19.334
10th Place: GTP_Roamer2629 (Fastest Lap - 1:32.451) +30.836
11th Place: aceboy127 (Fastest Lap - 1:32.282) +37.433
12th Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 1:31.503) +55.160
13th Place: GTP_Patrick1 (Fastest Lap - 1:33.700) +1:05.245
14th Place: CAB114 (Fastest Lap - 1:33.179) +1:06.338
15th Place: nolucktoday (Fastest Lap - 1:33.808) +1:21.748
16th Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 1:38.099) +1 lap

Round 2

1st Place: kross_24 (Fastest Lap - 1:31.047)
2nd Place: GTP_GTRacer22 (Fastest Lap - 1:31.046) +7.261
3rd Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 1:31.055) +23.895
4th Place: Whitey093 (Fastest Lap - 1:31.915) +29.165
5th Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 1:32.057) +37.186
6th Place: aceboy127 (Fastest Lap - 1:32.106) +44.152
7th Place: dylanlikes88 (Fastest Lap - 1:31.974) +53.632
8th Place: micantony (Fastest Lap - 1:32.510) +1:04.458
9th Place: CAB114 (Fastest Lap - 1:33.058) +1:15.555
10th Place: nolucktoday (Fastest Lap - 1:33.686) +1:48.891
11th Place: AngryEater (Fastest Lap - 1:41.808) +13 laps
12th Place: randy1122 (Fastest Lap - 1:32.360) +DNF
13th Place: GTP_Patrick1 (Fastest Lap - 1:34.151) +DNF

Pokey2301 - DNS
GTP_Gravitron - DNS
GTP_Roamer2629 - DNS

Red = Fastest Lap
Blue = Close Finish

Turtle Racing League - Final Results

1st Place: GTP_GTRacer22 (93 Points)
2nd Place: kross_24 (84 Points)
3rd Place: micantony (72 Points)
4th Place: dylanlikes88 (71 Points - Pole)
5th Place: Whitey093 (69 Points)
6th Place: DolphDrago (63 Points)
7th Place: GTP_Ph7shr (57 Points ~ Tiebreaker ~ Faster Lap)
8th Place: randy1122 (57 Points)
9th Place: aceboy127 (51 Points)
10th Place: Pokey2301 (33 Points ~ Tiebreaker ~ Faster Lap)
11th Place: CAB114 (33 Points)
12th Place: nolucktoday (27 Points)
13th Place: GTP_Gravitron (24 Points ~ Tiebreaker ~ Faster Lap)
14th Place: GTP_Patrick1 (24 Points)
15th Place: GTP_Roamer2629 (21 Points ~ Tiebreaker ~ Faster Lap)
16th Place: AngryEater (21 Points )

Turtle Racing League - Race Night Recap

What a fantastic evening of racing! The room was packed full of Turtles in anticipation for the night’s exciting event racing Mazda Roadster Touring Cars at Laguna Seca.

Dylanlikes88 put down a blistering lap in qualifying to grab the coveted pole. But would he start out front? Due to an unknown reason, the grid was jumbled at the start with most drivers starting in random places. Interestingly enough, Dylan got slotted in his rightful place of 1st. Micantony was up front as well. Unfortunately the remaining 4 of the top 6 qualifying Turtles took up the final four spots of the grid, including DolphDrago, kross_24, randy1122 and Whitey093. Bad luck. :grumpy: Would they have what it takes to make it to the front?

***NOTE***
I could only watch so much of what was going on in the replays. There was too much to catch and this will inevitably leave out many fun details of the race. I’ll do my best!

Green flag in race 1! There was battling for position from the get-go, with 16 Turtles cramming into the long first turn, all thirsty for a victory. Dylan and Mic cleared the traffic early and pulled away to a lead by the end of the first lap. Pokey2301 was following not too far behind, with a slight gap on a battle between aceboy127 and AngryEater. Not far behind them, though, was a free for all for 6th. There was some rubbin’, sliding into sand, and even a little lag to boot to add to the excitement. As the race went along, Dylan continued to hold the lead over Mic, but Mic wasn’t about to let Dylan out of his sights. Meanwhile, further back, those poor schmucks who started in the rear had all made their way into the top 10. GTP_GTRacer22 was another driver to watch. Though he was sitting in 7th position on lap 10, 16 seconds off the lead, he was fast. By 10 to go, GTRacer has made his way up to 3rd, having chopped the lead down to just over 5 seconds. At this point, Mic began to apply the pressure to Dylan for the lead. One lap later, Dylan slid off track into the dirt in turn 4 and Mic pounced, taking over the lead. GTRacer then disposed of him by lap 23, and now was sitting in 2nd, 4 seconds behind Mic. He could smell victory. With worn tires, Mic could only do so much. Like Dylan before, he went into the dirt himself with only 2 laps to go in turn 3 and could only watch hopelessly as GTRacer took to his inside and snatched the win away. Coming to the line, GTRacer came away with the checkered flag, a touch over 2 seconds ahead of Mic. Randy, having taken 3rd from Dylan, made his way up to Mic before falling just short by less than 3/10ths of a second...from the back row of the grid. Dylan finished a comfortable and solid 4th. Pokey meanwhile was feeling the heat from Kross, who had started from the 3rd to last spot. Kross got a run on Pokey coming off turn 10, moved inside for the final turn while Pokey tried the crossover. The crossover proved unsuccessful, and Kross grabbed a top 5 finishing position beating Pokey to the line by only .2 seconds. Whitey, the final car on the starting grid, made his way up to a splendid 7th place finish. Dolph fended off a hard charge from GTP_Gravitron, finishing 8th after having started from the second to last row. Gravitron was less than 2 tenths back from Dolph at the line in 9th. Rounding out the top 10 was GTP_Rounder2629, some 30 seconds back from the race winner. Aceboy127 hung in there to finish 11th. GTP_Ph7shr had an eventful race, crossing the line in 12th. Coming home 13th was GTP_Patrick 1, with CAB114 only a second behind. Nolucktoday was the last driver on the lead lap in 15th. AngryEater was the final finisher, having stopped a couple of times to sit back, snack, and watch the race.

After a short break, race 2 commenced. Pokey, Gravitron and Roamer did not take part. Aside from the start, the race was a little bit less uneventful. Well, that is if you weren’t a Turtle named Ph7shr. Ph7shr was like a ping pong ball out there, getting bumped into the sand on two occasions on the first half lap alone. He had some work to do if he wanted to get to the front. Patrick led the first laps before Aceboy took over. Kross, having started 9th with the reverse grid, picked up 5 positions on the first lap. He continued to pick up a spot each lap rather easily until taking the lead by lap 5. Meanwhile, similarly to race 1, GTRacer was on another charge. It didn’t matter to him he had to start last. He was up to 3rd by lap 7 and 2nd just one lap later. Dolph had made his way past Aceboy into 3rd by lap 7, just hoping for a podium finish. Unfortunately, the driver in which he battled so hard in race 1, Whitey, made his way up to his bumper. By the 18th lap, Whitey made his move. To make matters worse, Dolph then slid off track following the corkscrew dropping him to 5th and allowing Ph7shr to supplant him in 4th. With 7 laps to go, Ph7shr was into a podium spot in 3rd, unthinkable after his miserable first lap. By the end, as much as GTRacer pushed, Kross was able to ride off into the sunset for the win. While not being able to get the sweep, GTRacer could at least take solace in the fact that he had the fastest lap of the night: 1:31.046. A miniscule .001 better than Kross’s 1:31.047. Ph7shr’s intense pace showed, as he ran a 1:31.055. His persistence nabbed him that podium spot. Whitey once again bested Dolph, taking 4th to his 5th place finish. Aceboy and Dylan kept themselves less than a minute behind the winner in 6th and 7th respectively. Mic finished 8th, 10 seconds up on Cab. Nolucktoday rounded out the top 10 as the last finisher on the lead lap. Mid race, AngryEater figured he would park his car off in the sand, pop some popcorn, and enjoy the race from the 10th turn for the remainder of the event. Randy experienced lag issues and voluntarily pulled his car off the track, not wanting to ruin anyone else’s race. Respectful move on his part. Patrick also took a DNF in race 2.

In the overall standings, GTRacer easily took the gold with his 1st and 2nd place finishes. 9 points arrears, Kross took silver. With a bronze 3rd, Micantony held off Dylan by 1 point. Dylan, thanks to his pole, broke what would have been a tie to take 4th over Whitey by 2 points. Dolph was just kind of there, back by 6 points in 6th overall. Ph7shr and Randy tied in points. Ph7shr was credited with 7th due to having a faster lap time in either race, leaving Randy 8th. Aceboy finished 9th on 51 points. The last precious top 10 spot was won by Pokey, beating Cab in a faster lap tiebreaker. The same could be said for Gravitron over Patrick for 13th and Roamer beating out AngryEater for 15th with the tiebreakers.

Congrats to GTRacer on his race 1 and overall win! Great job on Kross with his race 2 and overall number 2 as well! Congrats also to those who made their way from the back, whether it be by a messed up qually start or making some trips to the sand pit.

Lastly I would like to thank everyone for coming out. It was a larger crowd than expected, which was awesome. As everyone practices their racecraft, we will work on figuring out the best way to do other things, such as qualifying. We want Turtle to be the best racing series out there. Thanks again! 👍

Great job on writing the results @Dolph Drago well done!! :cheers:

Thanks for everyone showing up! It was one heck of an amazing event and I'm looking forward to this Friday night for more intense fun racing :D

Hey @Ph1sher , this is Damon that came in the room. Please add me to the racer list with #84 👍
Good to see you Damon! Thanks for joining Turtle Racing League! :cheers: I'll get you added to the drivers list and make sure to join the Turtle Racing League Club ID#1053517

Make sure to review the Opening Post in regards to OLR and how things go down each Friday night 👍

Again, great to have you join us, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask and one of the stewards will respond soon as possible. :cheers:

So I think I am hooked for the season, had a great time in both races Friday. With the continuing interest in the series from so many people, what do we do in the event that more than 16 show up next week? Divisions? Knock out qualifying? A and B features? Something else?

So I think I am hooked for the season, had a great time in both races Friday. With the continuing interest in the series from so many people, what do we do in the event that more than 16 show up next week? Divisions? Knock out qualifying? A and B features? Something else?
Divisions :)

Division placement coming soon :D

The ONLY reason i got by you was i was able to follow you for a long time with no one else around and see where you were beating me and adjust. I gained a lot of time mimicing some of your lines and gear selections through mid speed corners. If you hadnt gone off after i passed you we'd still be going back and forth i'll bet.

I came into the room knowing only ph1sher and wasnt sure how id do. This is a fast league! I am going to have to step it up to be competitve. Couldnt have had more fun though and our battles were a big part of that dolph!

The ONLY reason i got by you was i was able to follow you for a long time with no one else around and see where you were beating me and adjust. I gained a lot of time mimicing some of your lines and gear selections through mid speed corners. If you hadnt gone off after i passed you we'd still be going back and forth i'll bet.

I came into the room knowing only ph1sher and wasnt sure how id do. This is a fast league! I am going to have to step it up to be competitve. Couldnt have had more fun though and our battles were a big part of that dolph!
I was a little faster in the kink leading to the hill up to the corkscrew. You were destroying me in turn 1 though. So it was hard for either of us to really get away from each other. And like you said, you learned where I was stronger and got faster in those areas. Yet I still couldn't keep up in turn 1. :lol:

I'm glad you had fun. It was a blast battling back and forth with you. I wish I hadn't gone off either. I think at that point I was more worried about Phish getting ready to breathe down my neck. I ended up getting out too far trying to make a wide entrance in the left turn after the corkscrew. I actually went off at the entrance of the corner, not mid or exit. I did the same thing once in practice too. I thought to myself, "Oh god, I hope I don't do that during the race. That'll be devastating!" So naturally that's exactly what happened. At least Phish was the only one who passed me after the mistake. And it wasn't like I was going to hold him off anyway. :P

Turtle Racing League : Announcement

-
After some discussion in terms of finding the fine line of the Division cut off, we now have divisions. It was a bit difficult to base the division placement after not only 1 week of racing but also general knowledge of driver skill. Some drivers in Division 2 were borderline, and some Division 1 drivers were boarderline.

:: The Point of separating the Drivers into Divisions is to not only provide more skilled racers around your own talent around you but to push yourself in your speed, your race craft and endurance.
- I'm sure if we get more sign ups, the divisions might shake up from week to week and based on overall weekly performance.

Note: Each Divisional Host will have a room up and if there is a total of 16 or less drivers that night, they will merge together for a full grid however divisions will still be in place for that night of racing.

Any questions please feel free to ask. If you feel like you don't belong in your coordinated Division, Please PM me and I'll see what I can do to improve the overall experience for you :)

Click here to see Division Placement
Click Here if you want to see the Updated Schedule for Season 1 :)

Last edited:
We have had some discussion in terms of qualifying and how we can improve it for the drivers,

We want your feedback to help improve the league as a whole. I see pros and cons to both formats of qualifying.

5 minute Race alone format vs 5 7 minute open Practice format park on track in safe place after.

We have had some discussion in terms of qualifying and how we can improve it for the drivers,

We want your feedback to help improve the league as a whole. I see pros and cons to both formats of qualifying.

5 minute Race alone format vs 5 7 minute open Practice format park on track in safe place after.
Personally I think qualifying alone is safest and truest. you don't gain time from slipstream and you are not slowed down by slower drivers. open track is more fun but more problems. Just my opinion. Can't wait for Friday. loving this series you put together. hopefully I stay on track this time.

Ph1sher!!!
My official request to join :)
Psn: lllTrick
Race no: #14
Welcome to Turtle Racing League Trick! I'll get you added to the drivers list as soon as I can. Please review the OLR Rules and review the 1st Post so your aware of how the league is runned. If you have any questions or concerns don't be afraid to ask :)

You will be placed in Division 1 because I know your fast ;)

Thanks for joining :cheers:

Personally I think qualifying alone is safest and truest. you don't gain time from slipstream and you are not slowed down by slower drivers. open track is more fun but more problems. Just my opinion. Can't wait for Friday. loving this series you put together. hopefully I stay on track this time.
Thank you for your feedback. Gives us stewards a better insight on what the drivers want.

What can we say, we are some pretty cool turtles ;)

Will penalties be turn on for Friday nights races?
Debating on that. I believe No, because based on the OLR rules 2 tires have to stay on track at all times and GT6 definition of penalties is a little weak at sometimes so we all know what corner I'm talking about at deep forest forward. Keep it with 2 tires on track at all times and if you know you went completely off or even think let off for a little bit and continue racing.

If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask :)

I think for this Sunday we will be doing a 5 minute qualy session. Where it's race alone in qualy session and we are in the talks of trying a few experiments in the future

Back