Turtle Racing League :: Friday Night Enduro Racing Series : Thanks for the Memories Turtles!!Full 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 709 comments
Which car will we be using for this weeks qualifying?
Only the 1st round car, which is the VW Touring Car. The 2nd Race and the 3rd race will be Reverse grid. So only 1 5 minute qualy session before race 1, then race 1 happens followed by Reverse grid Race 2 and 3

@lllTrick finally added you to the drivers list. Sorry for the long wait to see your name on the drivers list

For those practicing for this Friday, I want to make sure I have this correct for myself and everyone else. Since we're running sports tires on each car, tire wear and fuel will be set to fast, correct?

For those practicing for this Friday, I want to make sure I have this correct for myself and everyone else. Since we're running sports tires on each car, tire wear and fuel will be set to fast, correct?
Correct. Keep also in mind which car is running what type of sports tires. 👍

That was a fun practice lastnight,almost seemed like old times:tup: except I wasn't getting lapped by everybody. :lol:

Took the CR-V for a spin this morning, wow!!!! What a track gripping son-of-a-gun. Had no idea looking at its specs it would be 1.6 seconds faster than the VW. What bb are you guys using? I ran stock but it needs tweaking .

Can't say I'm sorry I'll miss the 3rd race,yall have fun in that wheel spinning freak Integra. Ha ha :lol:

Have a great day guys,see y'all tonight.

Turtle Racing League : Enduro Series

RACE DAY!

PS_Messages_20170113_150708.jpg

The First Turn Rule
- It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. 4) If you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn.
Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to effectively avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers who are being careful and doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. You can not win the race on the 1st turn or even the 1st lap. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in incidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass on the low side. The trailing driver must also have gained at least a half a car length lead before braking begins so the leading driver can see his position and avoid contact

- If you make contact where you know or even have doubts that you caused a driver to go off track or lose positions, you must concede and wait up for them. Mistakes happen, however leaving a caused accident is unacceptable.

Qualifying Procedure

We are going to do a 5 minute qualifying session and that will be how the grid will look for race 1, with race 2 and 3 being Reverse grid. If you didn't race in the previous race meaning race 1 or 2 and onto the next race you will line up up front but I ask those drivers to pull over to the side and go to the back of the pack then resume racing. You don't need to ghost back just start off the race and pull over and let everyone by and resume racing.

Divisions information

- Reminder what division you all will be assigned to tonight. After this week we should have a good general idea where everyone shall belong.

Racing Schedule (ALL TIMES Central Zone)

Room(s) Open - 8:00 pm
Merge Rooms (If Needed) - 8:45
Qualifying - 8:55
Race 1 - 9:00
Race 1 Ends - 9:30
Race 2 - 9:35 - 9:40
Race 2 ends - 10:05 - 10:10
Race 3 - 10:10 - 10:15
End of Night - 10:40 - 10:45

Be there on Time, our goal is to finish before 11 PM CST

Division 1

@Ph1sher (Host)
@Dolph Drago
@Whitey093
@Kross24
@randy1122
@Antares26
@micantony
@GTRacer22

Division 2

@littleregret265 (host)
@damonc84
@CAB114
@aceboy127
@quentin1974
@Dylan
@WilliFRendon
@AngryEater

ALL DRIVERS : Reminders

- If you hit someone off track, please wait up and give position back. 👍
- Be Careful when Existing Pits, If a car is coming into turn 1 as you Leave pits, they have the right of way into Turn 1
- Any Incidents should NOT be dealt in room, or pubically. PM your Division Host steward and we will take it from there.
- If your getting Lapped, the lapped car must hold his line and allow the leaders by.

If we have 16 or less show ups tonight we will merge to 1 room but still scoring will be based off divisions.

And lastly, Have some Fun out there :cheers:

Last edited:
Won't be attending tonight, I'm away from home. Good luck all, hope it goes well for you guys!

I cant be there tonight either. Sick as a dog, going to bed early. Good luck everyone. We will resume the instant rivalry next week dolph.

I cant be there tonight either. Sick as a dog, going to bed early. Good luck everyone. We will resume the instant rivalry next week dolph.
No worries, Get better and get some sleep! 👍 Hopefully you get better soon! We will see you next week! :cheers:

DIVISION 1 ROOM IS OPEN

- Division 2 will be open soon, If under 16 Racers, we will merge Rooms.

Two things to remember for next week:
1. Practice a lot more
2. Never use a cheap non-trigger pad (my DS3's triggers were glitching right before the race so I had to use my Horipad...which broke in race 3)

I was a mess in D1, I know I'm not usually like that. Gotta make it up next week.

Great Pictures @damonc84 :cheers:

Division 1 Racing went pretty well Last night. Was pretty impressed for the most part. However Lag also played quite a factor into the night which didn't improve anything what so ever. especially for @randy1122 :(

Any Incidents that you would like to have the stewards review, Make sure to send a PM to your steward.

Results will be out later this week once we review the races.

more information / updates on the league coming this week.

Great Pictures @damonc84 :cheers:

Division 1 Racing went pretty well Last night. Was pretty impressed for the most part. However Lag also played quite a factor into the night which didn't improve anything what so ever. especially for @randy1122 :(

Any Incidents that you would like to have the stewards review, Make sure to send a PM to your steward.

Results will be out later this week once we review the races.

more information / updates on the league coming this week.

Not to worried about on track issues that occurred due to lagg. That is something that is out of the players control and therefore is no bodies fault. Although unlike others, thank you for letting people race and not forcing people out due to lagg.

All incidents have been reviewed and undergoing Steward Processing.

I would like to remind everyone on track Limits. If you go 4 tires off track, when you return to track, please completely lift off then get back on the gas. It's not like we are asking for a long 2 second or so lift off but inside a quick lift off. 1 apple and get back on the gas.

We were all guilty of track limits in the tight turn 2 area and I think we all including myself will have to pay more attention and more careful when a track limits track comes around. It was a challenge for all of us in the Front Wheelers week and unfortunately got us off track a few times. Next week is at Indianapolis Road so it won't be that bad due to not many places or none except maybe 1 corner that you can abuse.

Again just a friendly reminder for us, the League. I want this league to be run under a Clean, Fun, and Fair Environment for everyone for the best possible racing out there and set a strong example that Turtle Racing League runs very clean :)

Thank you Everyone for coming last night and thanks to @damonc84 for inviting a few friends :cheers:

The first corner and the last right hander before re-entering the oval get abused all the time so those will be the big ones to look out for. Its good to know its a focus to stay in the lines. That was bugging me in practice because i am already a second behind the fast guys and when you see a few big time cuts in a row while following someone then i feel like i have to get creative with the track too. And then the guy behind me will go along to get along and then its need for speed by the end. If we all stay in the lines, the fast guys will still beat the snot out of us peasants anyways. These races are too long for a plucky underdog to hang on and win.

The first corner and the last right hander before re-entering the oval get abused all the time so those will be the big ones to look out for. Its good to know its a focus to stay in the lines. That was bugging me in practice because i am already a second behind the fast guys and when you see a few big time cuts in a row while following someone then i feel like i have to get creative with the track too. And then the guy behind me will go along to get along and then its need for speed by the end. If we all stay in the lines, the fast guys will still beat the snot out of us peasants anyways. These races are too long for a plucky underdog to hang on and win.
Very good points whitey :cheers: It's each drivers duty to race clean and fair despite mistakes are bound to happen anduring when they do its the drivers responsibility to show some courtesy to other drivers that your at guilt for whatever the situation is. We all aren't the fastest out there but I think we all want to develop faster speed, consistency, and Race craft each week by clean and fair and of course Fun Racing :cheers:

Thanks for your input Whitey. :D

I really hope everyone focuses hard on not going oob. It's probably the most abused aspect of racing and like Whitey said. When we go oob and don't lift or give the position to the guy right behind who didn't go out of bounds. It Becomes habitual by all and then race quality deminishes shortly there after.

Going oob happens. We just have to remember to lift when it does it shows respect and keeps us all honest.

Latest Posts

Back