Two New Wheels come from Logitech - Lets predict!;)

• Thread starter Krassi
  • 172 comments
I would say that it is possible Logitech or Thrustmaster to realease 4Nm DD wheel for 500€, this is just my prediction nothing more.

Is there a big difference in price between the smaller motors used in a belt system and a 4-6nm motor?

Is there a big difference in price between the smaller motors used in a belt system and a 4-6nm motor?
It is difficult to say exactly what the price difference is, it should also be borne in mind that bigger motor will need a more powerful power supply.

I would say that it is possible Logitech or Thrustmaster to realease 4Nm DD wheel for 500€, this is just my prediction nothing more.
I think they would aim higher than 4NM though and something like T-GT price point, going by how some small start-up like FeelVR are managing to achieve, could deliver a great experience compared to current belt drive options out there. Motor costs don't seem to be massive so aiming for something like 7.5NM would be good.

I think they should also make a budget wheel like the DFGT single motor wheel design with helical gears, hall effect sensors and brushless motor like the one in the T300 with better cooling. Motor cost wise it seems it is not much different than the G29 ones.

I think they would aim higher than 4NM though and something like T-GT price point, going by how some small start-up like FeelVR are managing to achieve, could deliver a great experience compared to current belt drive options out there. Motor costs don't seem to be massive so aiming for something like 7.5NM would be good.
I am for more power but it will be expensive for most people :)

4nm would be realy strange, 7-10nm would be good and should be the minimum, just to have a little power reserve. Imagine a little 4nm motor would always run on 100% and its limit, overheating and still would be to weak.
I have no clue about buying hardware stuff in range of 10k-30k pieces, but it must be very cheap at this mass. There are so much motors arround 20-40€ with more than 5nm. A DD bundle with 7nm base+pedals for 250-300€ is possible, even more possible for such a big company.

4nm would be realy strange, 7-10nm would be good and should be the minimum, just to have a little power reserve. Imagine a little 4nm motor would always run on 100% and its limit, overheating and still would be to weak.
I have no clue about buying hardware stuff in range of 10k-30k pieces, but it must be very cheap at this mass. There are so much motors arround 20-40€ with more than 5nm. A DD bundle with 7nm base+pedals for 250-300€ is possible, even more possible for such a big company.

I just don't know the issues involved with removing the gearbox. The cheap $10-$20 2 N.M. peak motor they use now, may only be possible because of the gear ratios they use. So removing those ratios and running 1:1, does that cause the motor to run harder and hotter? Is passive cooling still and option? I've found 7 N.M. motors on Alibaba for $30-$40, but with those, the amperage spikes up. That suggests to me that passive cooling might be an issue.

Its possible at a reasonable price, but it would definitely take a lot of engineering to make it work right. If they do introduce one, it would make a lot of sense for something that bothered me previously... the G29. I always felt like it was a plan B that was shoe horned together on short notice. Any major change to the platform would suggest to me that they wanted to do this with the G29, but had to change plans when Sony and Microsoft required new hardware. Just my 2 cents, it may be 70% accurate, or it could be 1% accurate... its the rumor mill.

Have you tested the hardware, or were you asking if anyone other than the OP did, in that thread?
He point the thread of a person that used the prototype:)
Krassi is right.
I completed the questionnaire but:

''Hi there,

Thank you so so much for participating in our Logitech research for sim racers! Unfortunately we've made our final decisions and will not be able to move forward with you for this testing.

However, we do have a few opportunities throughout the year and can reach out to you again, unless said otherwise.''

Oh my god.... Thank heavens i thought of researching upcoming logitech wheels before buying a g29 and i stumbled upon this!
Let's hope my g27 keeps itself together until the new wheel comes along :D

Hello, i found this the same way as SunBro before me. But for 209 euros, would G29 be a good deal or should i just wait.... and wait for the new one?

Hello, i found this the same way as SunBro before me. But for 209 euros, would G29 be a good deal or should i just wait.... and wait for the new one?
This is a good price for G29 but if you have the patience, wait for the new wheel.

The more important question, how long to wait, one month or one year?
Maybe they never release it.
I would buy now, if you got a nice deal. Then you got a wheel and it dosnt matter how long they need.

Thats what i'm thinking... Fanatec is out of my budget, but G29 shouldn't be too bad either? If i would know, that something new is coming very soon, i would wait.... but to wait a whole year... bah...

There will be No new wheel from Logitech for next 18 months until new consoles arrive. And some new games created for them. Hard to imagine that Logitech would to release new Wheel in 2020, especially successor for already best wheel on the market G29 that is.

What ever that be ill buy it :)

Can't give it that title, but I will give you "best value wheel" on the market.
I wouldn't even go that far. "Best value wheel at it's price point" would be more accurate imo.

The Fanatec CSL Elite PS 4 with an XBox rim would get my vote for best value. A great wheel with cross compatibility and with the ability to upgrade to load cell.

Congrats, I wouldn't worry about a new model. Honestly, Logitecs are always way overpriced at launch. The last one was $399 so anything with any meaningful changes will likely be just under the CSL Elite price range (albeit with pedals). Looking at their past release dates its likely near, but the cost will likely be significantly more than a G29 right now.

Congrats, I wouldn't worry about a new model. Honestly, Logitecs are always way overpriced at launch. The last one was $399 so anything with any meaningful changes will likely be just under the CSL Elite price range (albeit with pedals). Looking at their past release dates its likely near, but the cost will likely be significantly more than a G29 right now.

Value is highly subjective though. I dont think that G25/27 were overpriced at release.

Value is highly subjective though. I dont think that G25/27 were overpriced at release.
True, value is highly subjective, but when the price drops $100+ 2 years into a 5 year lifespan its clear to me that it is a strategy to capitalize on early adopters paying for the R&D upfront. But in the case of the G27/G29/G920 there hasn't been a lot of R&D, granted there was likely a healthy cost to licencing.

True, value is highly subjective, but when the price drops $100+ 2 years into a 5 year lifespan its clear to me that it is a strategy to capitalize on early adopters paying for the R&D upfront. But in the case of the G27/G29/G920 there hasn't been a lot of R&D, granted there was likely a healthy cost to licencing.

That is true for a lot of products. I just disagree that Logitecs are "always" overpriced. That is not true in my opinion. The G25/27 were actually a underpriced in my own opinion at 299 MSRP

Hello, and happy new year! :) Well, i got it yesterdayfor 209 euros... so far, loving it! My first one, so lot of practicing to do...
If you look at eBay, you'll see the Logitech wheels hold a pretty good resale value as well. I'd go so far as to say you can get half your money back if a new wheel comes out in the next year or so, and you want to upgrade. Here in the US G29s are going for about $199 without shifter. That's honestly a fantastic price to experience sim racing in a whole new way. I do recommend a rigid rig built for mounting, and getting into a realistic racing seating position though.

I got into the habit of watching for good deals a few years ago, and usually snatch up anything that's significantly reduced in price. I currently have a T300 that I've been quite happy with for three years. It replaced the G27 that became a paper weight when paired with a PS4. (I still have the G27 stuffed away - I did love it until I used a Thrustmaster - and still like it too much to let go of it). But I did sell a spare G27 that I paid $191.99 for on Amazon, a year later on eBay for $390. It was during the period when Logitech wasn't making either the G27 or G29.

This Christmas I found the thrustmaster T-GT for $419. Again, too good a deal to pass up. The resale value alone made it worth trying out, not to mention the resale value of my T300. See, I've found we can always get a good chunk of our money back as long as we take good care of our equipment and it's in good working order. (And this thread is tempting me to buy a G29 for $199 and putting it on the shelf for a few months).

Last edited:
Back