UEFA Euro 2016 Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,384 comments
England 1-0 Portugal, a win in their final warm up game, Bruno Alves was sent off for the visitors after nearly decapitating Harry Kane, England laboured for much of the game before Smalling scored in the 85th minute, really dull game.

Moving Kane, Vardy and Alli all out of position to accommodate Rooney isn't a good tactic, especially when Rooney is poor.

If Hodgson was managing Ireland, Robbie Keane would still be starting for them.

Wales play their first and only warm up game away to Sweden tomorrow, France beat Scotland 3-0 and Croatia humiliated San Marino 10-0!.

Good news!

After beating 2 mediocre opponents, Poland and Austria, man of infinite wisdom, and all around turd manager Danny Blind states that the team spirit is back with the Dutch squad!

Russia, here we come!

CkVwOUVWsAEs5EB.jpg

Chris Smalling returned from training earlier with his left knee strapped up....

Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane have signed contract extensions with Ireland until the 2018 World Cup.

Did anyone catch the news of the foiled terror plot yesterday? scary stuff!

So after all the hype and build up the tournament finally get under way tomorrow, here are this weekends games

Friday

France v Romania, 8pm, Stade De France

Saturday

Albania v Switzerland, 2pm, Lens
Wales v Slovakia, 5pm, Bordeaux
England v Russia, 8pm, Marseille

Sunday

Turkey v Croatia, 2pm, Paris
Poland v Northern Ireland, 5pm, Nice
Germany v Ukraine, 8pm, Lille

All times are GMT, Ill post the next three day's games on Sunday.

Looking forward to quite a few games, notably England, Wales and NI games which should all be interesting. Both NI and Ireland have very tough groups and I don't think either will make it through to the last 16, though with four 3rd place teams going through, they have a decent chance.

Reading an article on Dzyuba today, but found a brilliant bit of trivia about Bale.

The 27-year-old striker's impact during qualifying meant he was involved in 50 per cent of Russia's goals during the campaign - only Sweden's Zlatan Ibrahimovic (58 per cent) and Wales' Gareth Bale (80 per cent) were relied on more.

Without Bale, Wales are 🤬

Portugal, Wales, Sweden. Three nations who are kinda carried by one player. Poland do have some depth apart from Lewandowski to avoid them being on that list.

Edit.

Apparently it's clickbait as their own article states that the rumours of him being sent home aren't confirmed yet.

There was an unfortunate altercation involving England fans last night, a group was sitting at an English pub when they were set upon by local youths and police were called to separate them and used tear gas in doing so, one fan was arrested.

Just thought I would post these up, ITV and BBC really do excellent montages and VT's for the Euro's.

I cannot believe it's been 4 years, feels like yesterday :indiff:

France have Coman and Martial on the bench, that is some depth.:eek:

I'm going to pick France as the winners of the tournament, pending an internal implosion. Maybe Griezmann top scorer.

Does anyone else think that Mark Pougatch is the least charismatic presenter of anything ever? I mean, Adrian Chiles was miserable, but at least that counts as a personality trait.

Does anyone else think that Mark Pougatch is the least charismatic presenter of anything ever? I mean, Adrian Chiles was miserable, but at least that counts as a personality trait.

I'm actually wanting Adrian back now! :lol: now it's like a sheet of MDF is talking to you!

Anyone else think the new ITV scorecard is annoying? firstly it's too low on the screen and secondly its such a solid and light colour that it's really dominating the picture, irritating that they can't use something smaller or translucent.

Romania proving to be no pushovers so far, Lovely stuff at times from France though....

Not sure on ITV's opening credits and Petit needs to sort his ponytail out.

Not good news coming out of Marseille were England fans are clashing with police whilst singing songs about the IRA and German bombers...

France have Coman and Martial on the bench, that is some depth.:eek:

I'm going to pick France as the winners of the tournament, pending an internal implosion. Maybe Griezmann top scorer.
I wouldn't pick Griezmann as top scorer as he doesn't play the central role for France but going back to his Real Sociedad days of playing on the wing.

What a strike by Payet, man of the match by a million miles, ran the show....

Kante was really good as well, didn't think a proper CDM would be needed but he was sweeping up balls left right and centre.

Back