UK finalists at Silverstone (now includes Famine's reports)

• Thread starter leexr2i
  • 153 comments
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
leexr2i
Good luck to all the uk finalists going silverstone today (or yesterday for some). And safe travels!
I really am looking forward to meeting and racing with you all!
See you soon :-)

32 drivers, 16 eliminated in day one. 3 races each on sport hards. laguna, GP/d then suzuka. one lap Qualy then off you go. a few penalties for some people for bumber car racing!! starts again tomo at 9ish.

Cars were 370z tuned, v spec GTR, calosonic GTR. That order.

2 lap races

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Jack O'Neil there ? If so I'm sure he'll fly through to day 2 and is adaptable enough to win especially if they play the stupid split screens again. He's never played online.
He's the davissi top tip for the outright win :)

Just looked at the flickr photos and yes he is there and is that him being interviewed ? Told ya lol. He's a competition Go-Kart racer with a RedBull endorsed Karting competition.

GLP
32 drivers, 16 eliminated in day one. 3 races each on sport hards. laguna, GP/d then suzuka. one lap Qualy then off you go. a few penalties for some people for bumber car racing!! starts again tomo at 9ish.

No sports hards, all done on racing hards!

It was on the thrust master wheel what everyone seems to dislike! will post some pics later on. everyone in British racing drivers club having breakfast.

Points system got the top 16 thru. Rutter won on 23 or 24pts he won 2 races 3rd in another. I think dessy got 23/24 PTS also. 1 point pole, 8pts win 6 for 2nd/5/4/3/2/1/0. 4 people tied on ten points for the final place,who ever got the best race finish position from their races got the nod and went thru. Bit harsh on others. hot laps from jann might make them smile tho.

Racing hards. Sorry my mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
Dessy is through to day 2. I believe there is another round of gt5 this morning with another 4 being cut. Remaining 12(or is it 14?) then onto the media/fitness/driving rounds not necessarily in that order :)

Last edited:
This event seriously needs a revamp, get new organisers for a start. Cock-up after cock-up every year without fail. Its just as bad reading stuff like that as it is being there doing it.

Thought I'd give an update to those of you who are curious while I'm waiting for my next race. Day 1 was 8 player online races. 1 point for pole, 8 for first, 6 for 2nd etc. The combos were 370 tuned at laguna, GTR at nurb gpd and calosonic at Suzuka. 1 lap qualy and 2 lap races.

Day 2 just started. Grand valley east in tuned 370. Groups of 6, top 2 in each go through to an A final. It was 1 lap qual and 3 lap race. Gotta run now as my next race is coming up, will drop in an update later if I can.

Wow, sounds tough. So I assume it's Sport hards for the first two combos then Racing Hards for the Calsonic.

Must be intense races.

Interested to hear how you guys handle racing the Tuned 370Zs

A lot of us couldn't even get a clean lap in for qualifying. The race was even more crazy.

Update

The final 12 have now being decided. I don't know the full order but in the final race of 6 the top 4 finished;

GTP_Rutter200
GTP_Ghostdriver
GTP_Dessy
Markyboy

Media interviews have now started. There will then be lunch followed by Driving and then fitness. I'll keep you updated when I get another chance or more info.

Thanks for the updates Dessy and best of luck with the remainder of the competition. It's great you're flying the Irish flag with such distinction and all us Paddies are behind you! :)

Just heard from our reporter on the scene...

Famine
I am here, I have results of the day and very many pictures and I'll be trying to provide a blog post at about 5-6pm with both.

Please add that the final 12 for this afternoon are (in GT5 ranked order):
Thomas Gibson - GTP_Rutter
Shane Green - GTP_Shane_UK
Des Foley - GTP_Dessy
Mark Ridout - markyboy92
Istvan Demes - DemesGT
Daniel Glover - Dantastic-_-
Shane Ward - GTP_Ghostdriver
David Williams - My3id_Dave
Martin Hudy - DudySVK
Jack O'Neill - Jackcerracing
Saidur Ali - Saidur
Troy Paul - wheelyclean

There were 3 (seeded) heats this morning - the top two finishers in each progressed to the A-Final (and final 12) and the remaining 12 went to two semi-finals. Top three from each went through to the B-Final (and final 12), cutting the bottom six drivers.

More.

Famine
The 12 finalists are currently doing the same AutoTest (Gymkhana style, carpark-cone course, 370Z semi-race cars with all the aids disabled) we did this morning. They'll have a fitness test in 10 minutes. We've just come back from being killed to death around a very greasy National circuit by Jann in a GT-R road car with very cooked brakes - 16 laps to a quarter tank of gas!

I've managed to fix my not-being-able-to-read-or-post issue. I think.

The drivers are currently doing the same "Autotest" the media did this morning - an open and very, very, wet car park lot with a Gymkhana course set out on it in cones. The car is a Nissan 370Z and every single fuse for driving aids has been pulled. It's an interesting drive, believe me :lol: (though Rob Barff said I was "really very smooth and precise" :D )

(I set a time of 36.70s this morning on my best timed run - the media times have yet to be revealed, but I've heard two faster and I know one has some penalties for cones [2s/cone] - so we can benchmark the 12 :lol: )

Fitness test is at 3pm - still the same 12. Then the finalists will be cut down to 6 for the Boot Camp...

Edit: The Media had a GT5 race too - 370Z Tuned at Motegi East for one lap. I qualified on pole by 4 seconds, but got taken out by everyone into turn 1. Recovered to 2nd and got the leader into the 2nd last, but got punted again. While recovering I had to cede to Jann (I was coming from off the track, he was on it) and finished 4th.

Last edited:
Fitness test is done. GTP_Dessy won the plank test (not a slur - they had to hold a pressup position on their elbows for as long as possible) with the maximum time, GTP_Rutter won the bleep test reaching level 10.1 and DemesGT won the pressups with 65...

Do you know what the plank test time was for the winner? I can do about 3-4 minutes.

Think he did a 4:30 last year(i beat him by 5 secs :sly:) but i would guess he would have done whatever it took to last the longest this year

I can confirm the six finalists are:

1st - GTP_Dessy
2nd - GTP_Rutter200
3rd - Dantastic-_-
4th - Jackcerracing
5th - My3id_Dave
6th - DemesGT

Dessy and Rutter were equal on points, but Dessy won on countback (one more second place).

And I just won a bottle of champagne for winning the media competition :lol:

Edit: Blog updated

Last edited:
I can confirm the six finalists are:

1st - GTP_Dessy
2nd - GTP_Rutter200
3rd - Dantastic-_-
4th - Jackcerracing
5th - My3id_Dave
6th - DemesGT

Dessy and Rutter were equal on points, but Dessy won on countback (one more second place).

Congrats to all six of the finalists, and thanks to everyone for a good event.

I am personally very disappointed to have been eliminated just on the bubble after finishing 4th in a race where I had to finish 3rd.

Back