UK Sharkport/Xport retailers?

• Thread starter nitro_2005
  • 39 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you any shop that sells Sharkport/Xport off the shelf in the UK (if you know what i mean, like take it off the shelf in the shop and buy it there)? i'd like to get one so i can put my replays on my pc.

Go to Play and get a max drive.

The Xport had been discontinued. Ebay is your only hope for one of them.

Yes, you can convert from max to xps and back again.

you say all these things about using a capture card and everything. but:

1) i can't afford one right now
2) even if i did get one, the leads would never reach. my pc is in the dining room, and the tv is in the far corner of the longue.

there must be another way...i've always wanted to try connecting the video camera to the tv and recording the replay onto the video camera, which i can connect to the pc and take the video off of there. i don't really want to sit in front of the tv and record the replay as that = :yuck: quality!!!

can you think of any othe ways there could be?

nitro_2005
2) even if i did get one, the leads would never reach. my pc is in the dining room, and the tv is in the far corner of the longue.
You don't need a TV. Put you PS2 next to your PC and you're sorted.

nitro_2005
there must be another way...i've always wanted to try connecting the video camera to the tv and recording the replay onto the video camera, which i can connect to the pc and take the video off of there. i don't really want to sit in front of the tv and record the replay as that = :yuck: quality!!!
Well, why don't you then?

And you are now in the wrong forum....

nitro_2005
wrong forum?
Making videos has nothing to do with Sharkports or hybrids.

Double posting too. You're doing really well here.... :rolleyes:

nitro_2005
but the leads on my ps2 would never reach either!!!
What would they not reach? The PS2 and the PC are sitting next to one another!

how do you mean? like, connect the ps2 to the pc via usb? explain?

...oops, er, sorry about the double posting!!!

but that's the thing. you haven't seen my house layout. i'm pretty sure the leads from the ps2 to the tv would never reach to the pc room. how long are the leads for the capture card

sorry i'm asking all these questions and possibly taking up your time unneccesarily. i've never done this before, you see. i just needed some advice.

nitro_2005
but that's the thing. you haven't seen my house layout. i'm pretty sure the leads from the ps2 to the tv would never reach to the pc room. how long are the leads for the capture card
Do you read things at all?

As I've said already, the TV is not required.

The PS2 gets moved next to the PC.

The PS2 gets plugged into the mains.

The leads from the PS2 that normally connect to your TV, gets connected to the capture card/TV tuner card in your PC.

The PC monitor displays the picture from the PS2.

The PC records the picture it is getting from the PS2.

AAH!!! i get now, i think.

and what do you mean, i dont read things. you never mentioned about the pc monitor displaying the ps2 picture. that's why i asked.

anyway, thanks for your help. i might go and buy one. do you know where i could get one on the high street?

nitro_2005
anyway, thanks for your help. i might go and buy one. do you know where i could get one on the high street?
Dixons? PC World. Any good PC shop, and a few bad ones too probably.

wow. thanks. and just one more question, if that's ok? :scared:

do you need to use the leads which come with the tv tuner card? does the card come with any at all? if not, obviously you use the ps2 leads, as you said, right? what am i saying, of course you do!!!

oh and just one more thing (sorry!!!)

will there be an icon of some sort you have to click to get the ps2 picture up? if not, could you tell me how you get the picture?

thanks for all your help. i promise to be good, now!!! :D

nitro_2005
do you need to use the leads which come with the tv tuner card? does the card come with any at all?
Most capture cards can accept video from a lead like this

PGL200R-10.jpg

You may be using one already. Does your PS2 plug into the aerial, scart, s-video?

nitro_2005
will there be an icon of some sort you have to click to get the ps2 picture up? if not, could you tell me how you get the picture?
You use the software you get with the capture card. You might have to read the instructions though. Get an adult to help you....

hehe, i can accept that last bit in the post.i am 14, but i will be 15 in 13 days time. i think i'm getting a psp for my birthday....

OH, sorry, drifted off topic there for a mo. anyway, i have a slim ps2, which as those 3 red, white and yellow plug things which you put into the av3 sockets/in-out sockets in your tv, but i do have an xbox scart adaptor thing which is where you put the coloured plug thingys into the right coloured sockets and you put the adaptor into the scart socket. very handy, actually!

nitro_2005
OH, sorry, drifted off topic there for a mo. anyway, i have a slim ps2, which as those 3 red, white and yellow plug things which you put into the av3 sockets/in-out sockets in your tv,
Chances are the capture card will accept the yellow one. That's the one that displays the picture.

You need to get a cable that'll accept the sound from the other 2 and put it into a headphone jack that you can plug into the line in on your soundcard. I don't know where you get one. A music shop perhaps.

what sort of a cable?

Edit: oh i see, famine. would you happen to know where i would be able to buy one of those on the high street?

Yeah - a minute after my post...

And... MAPLIN! They have shops too.

And no, you can't borrow £1.59 off me.

thanks, famine. i'll be sure to visit Maplin in Norwich (where i live) when i get the chance and get one for my capture card.

Ah. That explains a lot.

I used to live in Norwich too, though, thankfully, I wasn't born anywhere near it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back