Ultimate Edition playable on Sept 10 at 13:01 UTC, check your time difference and get more anxious!

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 297 comments
This seems a bit odd, but i cant find any restrictions either. I have to go in and find a suitable car in the garage, then do the auto upgrade to see what PI i can be running, then look under buy cars to see witch cars are eligible, then go all the way back out and buy the car i want to be able to upgrade it myself :banghead:
I really hope they fix this because its already getting annoying after only an hour of play. Kinda hard to believe they overlooked this.

@ bremics: I'm allergic to drugs. :irked:

Is it me, or there's no ZOOM option when applying vinyls? :grumpy:
Has anyone imported FM5 designs/vinyls/tunings? Do they unlock at a certain point? :confused:
Please tell me how, step by step :dopey: TY.

Just finished with the intro series boogaloo, in the process of acquiring all the free 10 Years and FnF pack cars now. I am only moments away from driving a Lotus 77 around Monza. Excited? You bet.

(Also, the game looks and sounds so pretty it makes my stomach hurts, and it's so well-tuned it makes me wonder how T10 could get Forza 5 so wrong. Only problem I had so far is with the removal of the option to change the controls from the race menu, that forced me to race my first three races with a slushbox transmission)

P.S: what car should I buy for my first lap at Daytona, F333SP or C7.R? I'm more inclined towards the latter, as I could produce liveries for it and, if the payout system's fair this time around, make some credits out of it too.

Damn I'm loving this game. Who else is building up some rally cars? I'm having a blast with it! So far my third rally build is a using Peugeot 205 T16. :D
I am currently on a BMW buying spree,I got me a M1 road car and an M6,might Buy an Evo after this series.:)

I am currently on a BMW buying spree,I got me a M1 road car and an M6,might Buy an Evo after this series.:)
The M1 Procar just about wiped me out, I'm down to my last three and a half million.

Anyone here regretting buying the Ultimate edition and getting early access yet? I sure ain't :lol:

Speaking of sounds. The music in FM6 sounds incredible good, especially in the menus which makes you feel you're going on a grand adventure. It's very inspiring but I want the soundtracks and NOW! :mad: lol :lol:

I have yet to buy those car, so it's good to know you got them. :)👍 I'm planning on buying the BMW M1 Pro car, but there's so many cars to choose from. ^^' So it's currently in my list. :D

The M1 Procar just about wiped me out, I'm down to my last three and a half million.

Anyone here regretting buying the Ultimate edition and getting early access yet?
I would have if I didn't found out you get extra credits as a VIP person. I'm looking really forward of which kind of car packs we'll get. ^v^

Must. Finish. FM6. O_O'

Has anyone imported FM5 designs/vinyls/tunings? Do they unlock at a certain point? :confused:
if you go into the design area, you'll see my vinyl designs, rb, you'll see fh2, fm5

if you go into the design area, you'll see my vinyl designs, rb, you'll see fh2, fm5

Thank You :cheers:

I can't believe we only get 500 credits x download and only 100 credits x use. :dunce:
What's the point of having the "use" option, it's like a design rental? If you don't like it, return it? 🤬
And barely any likes, because it takes too much effort to click on it. :ouch:
So much for the effort it takes to do a design, eh? :crazy:
No ZOOM while applying vinyls? :mad:

Puddle races feel like pot luck.
Night races are much the same,there were points on the Nurb F1 track where i couldnt see anything at all,and points where I could see from 2nd places headlights cause he was so close.:D

Hold in the left thumbstick and push it forward or back to zoom in or out from the car.

Just finished with the intro series boogaloo, in the process of acquiring all the free 10 Years and FnF pack cars now. I am only moments away from driving a Lotus 77 around Monza. Excited? You bet.

The 60's F1 cars are a blast there too, as much as I'm not really a fan of Monza.

If you're taking the 77 out, might I make a suggestion? Rio. I didn't like the track much from the demo, but did a 70's F1 race with a few of the T10 community folks earlier in the week, and it was mega. Do the shorter version of the track where you kink right into the downhill run after the tunnel. The flow is superb in those things, and the first turn is a hold-your-breath affair.

Hold the left stick in and then use the right stick to pan the camera

Hold the left stick in and then use the right stick to pan the camera

TY :cheers:
Kind of awkward to do :boggled: I have a feeling that the LT on my controller will soon break. :ouch:
I'd like to know, why do they have to change some of the controls functions each time a new game comes out?
And wt 🤬 can't we have the option to manually assign the functions the way we want to?
Is that too much to ask? :grumpy:

And here's a major annoyance that just happened: After wasting 3+ hours on a design, I click on: "Save to current car" and ..... the saving thing is stuck/frozen :mad: and obviously, if I re-start the game, all will be lost (unsaved). :banghead:
It's like previous games "Deja-Vu" allover again. 🤬 🤬
As if ...

If you're taking the 77 out, might I make a suggestion? Rio. I didn't like the track much from the demo, but did a 70's F1 race with a few of the T10 community folks earlier in the week, and it was mega. Do the shorter version of the track where you kink right into the downhill run after the tunnel. The flow is superb in those things, and the first turn is a hold-your-breath affair.

Ha! Thanks for the tip, but it was already on my to-do list. TBH I think I'll be spending a lot of time in the 77... Especially since they got that grip right.

So, after some playtesting in a variety of cars, tracks, and situations I can say that:
  • the handling is similar, yet nothing like FM5's. What I love is how cars really have a defined performance envelope: a GT86, with its light weight, street-oriented suspension tuning and tires that didyouknowarethesametiresthePriususes? will be easy to drive even at a moderate pace, but will just as easily easily get sideways when you start pushing it too much. It feels... Very forgiving, but also very limited, you can really see where the limit of the car is. On the other hand, a racecar like the Corvette C7.R will offer you virtually unlimited grip until you don't **** up - and if you are not made of the right stuff you will, because it's a finicky, twitchy creature ready to eat you alive if you do just a tiny mistake.
  • they finally got the smoke right. In FM5 every time the tires of your car were juuust past the edge of their handling envelope, they belched smoke like they were literally burning. As a result, looking at the replay of a lap in 60s F1 car was quite like looking like a forest fire. FH2 was also guilty of this to a certain extent. Now you really need to put a lot of heat in your tires; and when you do, you will be rewarded by a magnificent wall of vaporized rubber. But if what you are doing is painting commas on the tarmac of Monza in a vintage GT rather than drifting, then you shouldn't see a puff of smoke;
  • they really are going crazy with Forzavista. Pretty much every car added in FH2 or FM6 has a detailed engine bay. A notable exception is the Nissan R382 (and I think a lonely tear may have been shed because of that);
  • yes, the Capri has massive turbolag, and if you won't be careful it will plant you into a tire wall. I haven't tried it in the wet yet, but I shudder at the thought. Also, the boost gauge works, and it's scary when you see that needle climb at the least appropriate moment;
  • replay cameras have improved dramatically;
  • so has the menu layout;
  • League racing is fun, but remember to bring a suitable car, or else you'll end up dead last;
  • rain on Sebring is guest starring the SKULLS Parasite Unit, but since there are no elevation changes and there is no vegetation in the area of the track, I guess it does make sense;
  • the female driver model wouldn't go well together with five-point safety harnesses, if you know what I mean.

TY :cheers:
Kind of awkward to do :boggled: I have a feeling that the LT on my controller will soon break. :ouch:
I'd like to know, why do they have to change some of the controls functions each time a new game comes out?
And wt 🤬 can't we have the option to manually assign the functions the way we want to?
Is that too much to ask? :grumpy:

And here's a major annoyance that just happened: After wasting 3+ hours on a design, I click on: "Save to current car" and ..... the saving thing is stuck/frozen :mad: and obviously, if I re-start the game, all will be lost (unsaved). :banghead:
It's like previous games "Deja-Vu" allover again. 🤬 🤬
As if ...
That control has always been the same.

Before, I would just had to press LT to zoom, now I have to press and hold and move forward/backwards.
Same button, but different result in functionality. :indiff:

As I said in previous post, 3 hrs wasted as nothing was saved but a Temporary Save = black screen! :mad:
Another annoyance just happened, as I clicked on "My tunings", the syncing thing got stuck and then it took me to the main xbox one screen. (out of the game). :banghead:
T10 and MS, my congrat 🤬 ulations for a game as well made as the previous! :dunce:

Imma go to sleep. :indiff:
Good night.

I dont ever remember LT being zoom. What game was that?

Do you mean the left joystick?

Last edited:
Back