Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
unnamed (31).jpg

unnamed (30).jpg

"The Evolution of Top Gear"
"Ambitious, but Rubbish"

---

Judging by their clothes, Clarkson lived through a mid-life crisis, Hammond graduated from university and became Clarkson, and May went from wearing a suit made of his grandmother's carpet to wearing a suit made of his grandmother's lounge.

Was a decent show that, classic car bit was a lot better. Shame they didn't put together a final montage or something, real shame we witnessed an end to one of our favorite shows...... unless you are @Famine

Age has not been kind to Clarkson and May. Hammond, well, he's just in denial now. :lol:

Simon Cowell remarked on the show how he and Clarskon are the same age and yet Clarkson looks decrepit in comparison! :lol:

They could have done so much more, but then, it's only the end of the line for the presenters, not the show... so I guess I understand why they didn't make a big deal about it being the end.

One funny moment, wedged inside 72 minutes of utter horse knob. The studio pieces were as tedious as they were contrived as they were unnecessary and I'm glad it's dead now.

Just curious: what did you think was the funny part?

They could have done so much more, but then, it's only the end of the line for the presenters, not the show... so I guess I understand why they didn't make a big deal about it being the end.

Andy was saying sadly it's a regular episode that was just forced to be the final send off.

Was a decent show that, classic car bit was a lot better. Shame they didn't put together a final montage or something, real shame we witnessed an end to one of our favorite shows...... unless you are @Famine
It ended years ago, it's just undergone an operatic death.

It should have been put out of our misery by the time the India Special was being previewed by the BBC.

Just curious: what did you think was the funny part?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Thought I was good but not great, some funny moments, couple of queries, how did they manage to cut Jeremy's Frontera in a short space of time?

And you know when they came out of their garages after tinkering with the classic cars they said it was Spring, but it cant have been this Spring as Jeremy had his 'Fracas' in March, the only way I can explain it is it was actually last Autumn when they did they did that bit....

Apparently they showed it here, earlier today. I missed almost all of it, except the end, which was enough, to see Hammond being absolutely new-Top Gear-ish at the end of the SUV challenge, which in other words was bloody awful, and the end which just felt forced. Well, at least they'll show repeats of it to the eternity, for those moments when I'm incredibly bored.

The production this season has been even more epic, their film crew are legends to be honest, incredibly stunning videos.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

My favorite part was, "Guys?"
"WHAAAAAT!"

You can just imagine the envelop saying that Top Gear has been canned. It's perfect.

Cowell has clearly had work done.

My dad is almost 60 and looks much better than Clarkson (knock wood). Clarkson would look a lot better with his teeth sorted. But he also looked like crap because he smokes and probably drinks like a fiend too. Pathologically skinny-fat. You can tell he's a stressed-out, unhappy person. The whole incident that got him canned just proves it.

Well See yah Top Gear. Gonna watch the final episode tomorrow morning. And then once the new show gets its Pilot, whaz up m8!

My favorite part was, "Guys?"
"WHAAAAAT!"

You can just imagine the envelop saying that Top Gear has been canned. It's perfect.

My dad is almost 60 and looks much better than Clarkson (knock wood). Clarkson would look a lot better with his teeth sorted. But he also looked like crap because he smokes and probably drinks like a fiend too. Pathologically skinny-fat. You can tell he's a stressed-out, unhappy person. The whole incident that got him canned just proves it.
Clarkson: "I hate working at Top Gear!!! :ouch:"

Well that was that. I first watched Top Gear in 2007. It was the Murcielago LP640 review and I still remember the moment they panned to the single exhaust and let that glorious V12 sing. People say the show has changed, it's too scripted and isn't as good as it once was, but it's pretty much the only thing on TV that can genuinely get me in stitches ROFLMAOing :lol: And yes, up until the last episode it was still as funny as ever (the SUV race around that oval was a hoot :lol:). Maybe I'm just simple minded, but entertainment is entertainment. The only thing I could do without was the studio links; the whole thing was just cringeworthy to watch and completely unnecessary. Also the ending was very abrupt but I guess they don't have much choice.

Where to from here? Well, I'm going to reserve judgement for New New Top Gear until it actually airs (though I'd have preferred a dream presenter lineup of Chris Harris, Tiff Needell and Rowan Atkinson). As for Old New Top Gear's trio I would also reserve judgment. Even with the same people they surely would not be able to copy the old format exactly due to licensing issues. It will probably be entertaining, but it won't be TG as we know it sadly :(

Oh well, the internet will always be a time machine for those who wants to relieve those moments forever 👍

5.4 Million is the official viewing figure for Sunday's show, will be much more once the iplayer views are added to it, could even hit 10+ million.

So there is a Best Of Top Gear compilation show tonight, usual time, usual place, with best bits from the 22nd and final series of CHM Top Gear....

I enjoyed the Best Of Top Gear compilation they showed on Sunday night, if you haven't seen it it had Pick-up trucks in Canada, LaFerrari test and Will Smith/Margot Robbie, It was a great show and it reminded me how good that last series was...

Back