Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
I really hope they get that new tv deal soon. At least then if that show ends that can do it properly. Hurts all the more having it end that way.

Surely I can't be the only Top Gear fan who doesn't feel one bit emotional over the end of the Clarkson Hammond and May era.

I sort of feel....eh. It's a natural step. I felt the format had become somewhat jaded, and I got the sense the BBC were coming down harder on them in every series. So they ended up only being able to do the same thing over and over, and being boxed into a corner.

I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this could be a great step forward. The BBC will get the car show they want (be it rubbish or not, it might be great, we have no clue - although their insistence on the make up of the new presenter team is classic BBC right off the bat), and Clarkson/Hammond/May get to move to a platform with a lot less regulation and insistence on doing things by the book, like Netflix. They will also be open now to a lot more sponsorship (BBC forbids this) so I have no doubt their reach and popularity around the world will be unaffected by being on Netflix vs BBC.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

According to yesterday's Mirror they cant join ITV to make a show until April 2017 due to a clause in their contracts at the BBC stating that they cant make another show with any British TV channel for two years, looks like its Netflix if that is the case...

What is that Ferrari on the right?, don't think I've seen that before..
The 488 GTB (458 Replacement)
9758004151210959619.jpg

Edit: The image I just posted is actually of the Speciale version...

Edit: The image I just posted is actually of the Speciale version...

That's a render, the 488 Speciale does not exist (yet)

How Jezza was able to resist the urge to take all three of those cars around the track, I'll never know.

Now personally given the chance to run one car around the track would pick the Aston Martin V12 Vantage. I don't know if Jeremy hadn't considered it but had that car come to his head I think it would have been one he'd ponder on.

Well this happened:

Chris Evans wants YOU to join Top Gear.

Okay, fair enough. While Clarkson isnt exactly at its prime nowadays, the fact that constant dislikes and suscriber loss + its decision to keep the Top Gear name is just..... depressing. I guess this new Top Gear will be only big on first couple episodes but bombed heavilly soon after.

Not to mention thay the deadline is 20th July. No not a week, 2 DAYS.

BBC still has dignity over this, in other words. Just let it go or change its name at least.

Last edited:
Apparently Jenson Button is joining Chris Evans as a TG presenter.... but you know Daily Mail sources!

Frankly the pay would probably be better than McLaren but I don't think he would be all that good TBH.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ESPEARE-F1-Jenson-Button-tipped-Gear-job.html

According to yesterday's Mirror they cant join ITV to make a show until April 2017 due to a clause in their contracts at the BBC stating that they cant make another show with any British TV channel for two years, looks like its Netflix if that is the case...

According to some reports ITV could use a loophole by using or creating a US production company to produce it in the UK but totally finance it and 'import' it like other American shows.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be doing a lot of shopping then. Oh, and watching...not reading though. Kindle can go fooey.

I'm sure mentioning the t-word that's being thrown about a lot now would get one a light slapping by the mods, but I don't need it. Sure everybody bangs on about Netflix, but I have no use for it. Whereas with Prime I can shop for stuff better and that's sort of more important.

I'm sure mentioning the t-word that's being thrown about a lot now would get one a light slapping by the mods
Yes.

I couldn't be happier that they've signed for Amazon Prime. It means that I'm not paying Hammond's wages and don't have to cancel Netflix.

I think that was a bombshell! But I'm glad they found a home where they should be able to create the show they want to

...Just heard about this. I think I prefer this arrangement as I do have Amazon account already...:D

Also, their program to hit the screens in 2016? And what's that about "three motoring-related shows" tidbit?

I'm confused but happy enough.

On the other hand, Jensen Button for a new TG host? I. Can't. Even. :odd:

...Just heard about this. I think I prefer this arrangement as I do have Amazon account already...:D

Also, their program to hit the screens in 2016? And what's that about "three motoring-related shows" tidbit?

I'm confused but happy enough.

On the other hand, Jensen Button for a new TG host? I. Can't. Even. :odd:

The article I read said 2016 for Germany/Austria, don't know about other countries. I think it means that they are doing 3 seasons (that's what they signed for so far).

Also, their former executive producer Andy Wilman joined them

The article I read said 2016 for Germany/Austria, don't know about other countries. I think it means that they are doing 3 seasons (that's what they signed for so far).

Also, their former executive producer Andy Wilman joined them

...No way that date's for Germany/Austria only. If it was, might as well start another petition right now!! :mad:

Back