Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
How do you know the Liana is gone? Didn't they have more than one??

I wonder how many times that car had one of the front wheels snap off in a turn? I remember once they caught it on camera and showed it during the celebrity segment but I can't remember who was driving.

New series coming soon:

Also due to you-know-what, they can't have the usual studio format so it has been replaced with a drive-in movie style arrangement. Pretty cool IMO.

1._main_aerial.jpg

Last edited:
Paddy died his hair blonde during lockdown and it looks like he was sporting his new locks during the Lambo crash.

I've started watching the Flintoff and Paddy era on iplayer recently and I've been pleasantly surprised. Not sure how much of that comes from low expectations.
I even reckon both of the new (well, not so new now) guys are less bad at acting than Richard Hammond and Matt LeBlanc. Which is a low bar, admittedly.

Did you guys know that the new series starts on Sunday?

If you didn't then it does start on Sunday on BBC One not BBC Two for the first time in the shows history, its still on at its regular time of 8pm.

Seeing Freddie Flintoff in a new light this evening...

An extremely moving and powerful programme. Bravo.

I hope this helps both Mr Flintoff (bringing a mental health issue out into the open can be a positive, when you're ready to do so, based on personal experience) and also others who may see this and realise they are not alone and seek help as a result.

In the first episode of the series tonight, Chris Harris tests the Ferrari SP90 in Italy, Paddy takes the lads to his native Bolton to test three company cars.

I don't know if there is a guest on for SIARPC segment but if there is its likely to be Youtuber Jimmy Broadbent.

I don't think Jimmy is a celebrity in the Top gear sense. It looks like some other segment he was a part of.

upload_2020-10-4_17-53-18.png

I'd be willing to bet it's a variation on the thing they normally do when they change the car - get a bunch of famous-ish faces on to start off the leaderboard.

If you didn't then it does start on Sunday on BBC One not BBC Two for the first time in the shows history, its still on at its regular time of 8pm.

When I saw the change on the EPG I was thinking, isn't that sacrilege? I guess Palin takes preference!

In the first episode of the series tonight, Chris Harris tests the Ferrari SP90 in Italy, Paddy takes the lads to his native Bolton to test three company cars.

I don't know if there is a guest on for SIARPC segment but if there is its likely to be Youtuber Jimmy Broadbent.

I think they've binned this segment

First show was great! There was something in the preview I couldn't help but notice:
TG Preview.jpg

I know cars like these were probably snatched by the show before being scrapped (like the White Mitsubishi Evo some years ago with the British Army), but it hurts seeing a MK1 Focus RS getting clattered! :nervous:

The show's really beginning to gain a sense of character by this point - though I'm still not entirely happy with the way they've continued with the format, I think there's some form of direction that they're working toward. The temporary 'studio' gives the show a new energy as well, which I quite like.

Watching on iPlayer last night did produce a few smiles and I might end up actually watching through the whole series now. That SF90 lap was quite unlike anything else I've seen around the track, including the Renault R25. The thing moves about like a hillclimb machine, but it looks like it produces an absolutely horrific driving experience.

They've finally been airing the previous series from the beginning of the year on BBC America over the past month or so. I'm continuing to enjoy this lineup of hosts, so I already can't wait for the new series to get over here :lol:.

Harris mentioned on his Instagram that he'll be driving the F40 in the next episode, which means that it'll be the F40 vs XJ220 vs Diablo film :D

Back