Unfair suspension from online play.

• Thread starter Mrkeebz
  • 256 comments
*Snip*

The documentation is not wrong, actually it is very clear and written in black and white and if you play GTS you agreed to abide by it before you ever played the game.

*Snip*
I couldn't be bothered to explain the links I provided because ... well just because.

But for those that have a PS4, if they were to go to the PS Store to download GT Sport they would find themselves pointed to this website address.
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/

To be more technical, if one was to press the Option button while viewing the "Details" they would find a rather extensive legal menu with things such as Copyright, Health Warnings, Privacy, etc.
There are also 2 options that cover "Terms of Service and User Agreement" and "Software Usage Terms" for downloading/using GT Sport.
That is precisely what I linked in the 2nd link above.

I suspect not many people know that this menu exists.
Because frankly, most people don't care.

Excellent information and according to the above

Every ban and suspension on PSN is the result of a thorough investigation by Sony moderation staff. As a result, all suspensions and bans are final and cannot be disputed.[end quote]

So trying to use the argument that a ban has not been subject to a review lost any all credibility of being relevant.

Thank you Tassie for posting that.
Incorrect, at least in terms of me anyway. I specifically said that there needs to be a review process that includes the offender, a back and forth at the request of the person being sanctioned. That is not happening so all credibility is retained thank you very much.
Yeh, and it's PD staff who do the moderating.
And "bans" are random.
And words need to be defined.
And suspensions need to be individually specifically explained in detail.
And there has to be a review process.

And all the other rubbish that has been spewed in this thread.
Who said bans are random? Can you quote some people here saying that? It's rubbish to have words defined, get an explaination of why you're banned and to ask for a review for being prevented playing a game you may have played for 20 years? :lol:

Dear Players,

Don't worry, PD is very good at what they do and they wouldn't ban anyone by mistake.

Sincerely,
The pit glitch, the instant tire change glitch, track limits, the grip glitch and the Monza chicanes.

Who said bans are random?

I did, actually I didn't but you know...pedantics And everything.

I'm seriously jumping on the ban team though, it may seem a weak move on my part but if it aids in making people angry enough maybe PD will realize the users are not the problem. Or, the users are the problem in reality but they can't help themselves. That leaves those of us who are clean and sober left to pay the price until the game is fixed.

Incorrect, at least in terms of me anyway. I specifically said that there needs to be a review process that includes the offender, a back and forth at the request of the person being sanctioned. That is not happening so all credibility is retained thank you very much.
Who said bans are random? Can you quote some people here saying that? It's rubbish to have words defined, get an explaination of why you're banned and to ask for a review for being prevented playing a game you may have played for 20 years? :lol:

Dear Players,

Don't worry, PD is very good at what they do and they wouldn't ban anyone by mistake.

Sincerely,
The pit glitch, the instant tire change glitch, track limits, the grip glitch and the Monza chicanes.
Your first question was answered.

The rest is in the links I provided.
Knock yourself out.

Pedantics ... pot meet kettle.

Your first question was answered.

The rest is in the links I provided.
Knock yourself out.

The link provided actually strengthens my argument so thanks for that:tup:👍

Incorrect, at least in terms of me anyway.

That is true since you do not own and play GTS then any bans or suspensions for whatever reasons in exploiting the game whether reviewed or just pulled out of a hat will not affect you in any way at all.

But regardless they do fall under the terms of service agreement that all players have to acknowledge and accept regardless of whether they actually took the time to read it or not

Every ban and suspension on PSN is the result of a thorough investigation by Sony moderation staff. As a result, all suspensions and bans are final and cannot be disputed.

Just because you are not given a "hearing" with which to argue your suspension or ban does not change the fact that Sony has a staff which REVIEWS and makes the decision.

So there is human intervention and a review process which precedes a suspension or ban being handed out

The Sony terms of service do not fall under a democratic system where you have a voice or a vote in the matter concerning bans. Their decision seems to be binding and final so again it is the end of the discussion for all intents and purposes.

Break the terms of service then you are risking your account. Again pretty simple philosophy and easy to understand actually.

You can argue you do not agree until the cows come home but I would place my money on the practice and guidelines will not change to give you a voice in the matter.

Say what?

Just because you are not given a "hearing" with which to argue your suspension or ban does not change the fact that Sony has a staff which REVIEWS and makes the decision.

So there is human intervention and a review process which precedes a suspension or ban being handed out

The Sony terms of service do not fall under a democratic system where you have a voice or a vote in the matter concerning bans. Their decision seems to be binding and final so again it is the end of the discussion for all intents and purposes.

There is something called consumer protection though.

There is something called consumer protection though

I would love to see someone foolish enough to try to Sue Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. in a court of law because their account was banned for breaking the terms of the service agreement which I can guarantee Sony does have hard substantial evidence to support their action.

I can guarantee their in house legal team has a handle on what the company can and cannot do.

Their counter suit claiming cost and attorney fees possibly in the 10's of thousands of dollars for such a frivolous suit would be a proper reaction from the company in my opinion.

This just keeps getting more far fetched as it seems some just keep grasping at any available straws to grab regardless of how ridiculous the claims have become.

I would love to see someone foolish enough to try to Sue Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.

Me too, but only if it was warranted.

This just keeps getting more far fetched as it seems some just keep grasping at any available straws to grab regardless of how ridiculous the claims have become.

Not really but you can paint that picture if you wish. I think part of the reason my communications are not accepted in this thread is due to my hippy upbringing. I was taught two things at a young age that must simply be ingrained in my brain; Always question authority, and, The moral majority is neither.

Now if you feel like Sony/PD represent you and your interests and you have no problem with them then I say good for you and not in a sarcastic way either.

I was thinking today. The OP created an account, made six posts about being unfairly banned, provided no real proof of even being banned, and hasn't been heard from since.

What are the chances that he just read the general notice in the game and isn't really banned?
Better yet, what if he just showed up to start a fight?

I was thinking today. The OP created an account, made six posts about being unfairly banned, provided no real proof of even being banned, and hasn't been heard from since.

What are the chances that he just read the general notice in the game and isn't really banned?

My guess would be he was looking for an avenue to express his grievance and found this site. If he realized GTP has no affiliation with PD he moved on?

Maybe that.

I would be interested in you showing me how that works.
Every ban and suspension on PSN is the result of a thorough investigation by Sony moderation staff. As a result, all suspensions and bans are final and cannot be disputed.
No clear definitions as to all the things that might constitute a ban just generalizations. No review process that involves the player and his/her ability to question why he was banned. Many examples have already been posted of how you could inadvertantly take advantage of a glitch. If you weren't already aware of it, who in their right mind would expect to get fresh tires by going into the pause menu for example. Maybe you did and just thought one of those pesky magic grip bugs had taken over and you suddenly had more grip for some unknown reason so you charged to the front. Bye bye!

What are the chances he was being swallowed by a pig and being chased by wolves while his head was sticking out of the pig's 🤬?

No clear definitions as to all the things that might constitute a ban just generalizations. No review process that involves the player and his/her ability to question why he was banned. Many examples have already been posted of how you could inadvertantly take advantage of a glitch. If you weren't already aware of it, who in their right mind would expect to get fresh tires by going into the pause menu for example. Maybe you did and just thought one of those pesky magic grip bugs had taken over and you suddenly had more grip for some unknown reason so you charged to the front. Bye bye!
Gotta love how some of you people that like to go after my posts inevitably resort to accusing me of cheating.

So on that note, I totally agree.
Bye bye.

Last edited:
My guess would be he was looking for an avenue to express his grievance and found this site. If he realized GTP has no affiliation with PD he moved on?

Maybe that.

Or he realized what he did wrong.Or he did not have time to make another post.Or he did not want to post here again.Or he had to go to a trip to another country.......

Or he realized what he did wrong.Or he did not have time to make another post.Or he did not want to post here again.Or he had to go to a trip to another country.......

Maybe he's taking hits off the bong. Your point?

Gotta love how some of you people that like to go after my posts inevitably resort to accusing me of cheating.

So on that note, I totally agree.
Bye bye.
I have no idea what this means. At no point did I accuse you of cheating.

Just seems to me some people want to be able to cheat and blame PD and then say its unfair like Lenny B (in so many words). If you don't like rules then racing obviously isn't for you neither is any kind of competition where sportsmanship is involved for that matter... There are always going to be a few individuals who complain that other people have an advantage over them somehow. I think you should concentrate on what YOU do and not what OTHERS are doing. Accept that there are those in the world that are blindingly better than ourselves and we will never meet their god like status when it comes to gaming. Cheating isn't the answer it doesn't pay on a console you lose the right to play!

Ah, excellent. Someone has arrived that knows exactly what this guy did, so has saved us 8 pages of discussion. Thanks very much.
If you used
:D

Even using the pit lane glitch offline is cheating - I spent 20 hours of my precious gaming time grinding for credits, that's 20 hours I could have spent qualifying or practicing.:(
:sly:

The same as ours...Making a wild guess why OP stopped posting after members asked him if he did at some point violate any of the PD's rule book.
I don't understand why you quoted me, I'm not the one that started the guessing game.

If you used
:D

Even using the pit lane glitch offline is cheating - I spent 20 hours of my precious gaming time grinding for credits, that's 20 hours I could have spent qualifying or practicing.:(
:sly:
I saw if but the tone was accusatory... Plus it was completely pointless as comment number 229 and was clearly made without having read the previous 228 comments.

I never used any of the glitches in any GT games prob because I'm boring lol or didn't get round to it because I was trying to 100% them normally...more of an achievement not like you can hack climbing a mountain is it?

these threads are too long lol I just scan for pictures/videos then see what's been reached by the last two comments - kind of hoping they've been reading the thread.
I guess I'm cheating :boggled:
:lol: surely that's like just reading the last chapter (or page) of a book?!

Back