Unfair suspension from online play.

• Thread starter Mrkeebz
  • 256 comments
No you don't. Two gay people having a chuckle calling each other gay is something two gay friends would likely do in real life and it's completely innocent fun. They are mocking each other and not using profanity. Why would you suspect it would get you banned from a game? So you're advocating that no one should ever be able to review their suspension or be given any specifics? That's your position?:lol:

What I've been writing is really simple.
If you use the game without breaking the rules you have nothing to worry about.
If you are breaking those rules (and you should know what you are allowed and what not) then you have no reason to moan if that cause a ban.And for sure,cheaters should be banned no matter what.
And when you are in a lobby full of 20 people you need to consider all of them,not just the you and your gay friend.You may have fun calling your friend gay or whatever,that does not mean the other 18 people see it the same way.

@LennyB Since you accept the policy and agreement of the developer and PS/Sony before using the product/game,I am pretty sure you already have agreed to do that.

What is this feeling based on?

Because I've seen a lot of threads just like this one over at the Forza forums over the years, and they always lead to a certain mod (who was also a MS employee) telling them exactly why they were banned, publicly shaming them in the process and then locking the thread. It was actually pretty entertaining.

So that leaves me a little skeptical when reading the same kind of thread here.

You didn't let someone like a relatives kid play your game? I once got a week off world of tanks because I let a nephew play for 10 minutes...
You bring up a point here. Doesn't this game have an age rating of 7-77? Lots of 7 year olds are going to get banned i would assume. PDI haven't thought this whole thing through.

@LennyB

Their rules say that bad connection that ruin other's game will be punished.By doing nothing "bad" I meant "not cheating" or manipulating the net connection.Still lagging is not acceptable.And users know that.So either they fix their net or they dont get to play the game.
Destiny also is a P2P game so stable internet is really important in that game,way more that GTS that uses dedicaded servers in Sports mode.

That's interesting, I wonder what people would think if PD checked your connection before allowing you into a lobby.

Again what's your point?
Should people that violate the rules and policy of PD get suspended or not?Its that simple..
Should cheaters allowed to race against non cheaters in Sport mode?
Should people that their connection ruin all others players race be allowed to do that?
Should people that offend others be free to do that or not?
If I use a bug and I cheat to get to the top 10 players I should be allowed to do that or not?

I didn't bring up Destiny and punishment for bad internet connections. The point though would be what about those who get caught in the cross fire and are not at any fault?

Like who?
How I am going to get suspended in GTS if someone in the same lobby is cheating?
I did bring up Destiny to show that other developers follow this tactic:they set the rules,they check your data,if they find you are violating their policy you are gone without any explanation.
If you are doing nothing wrong -violate rules- you have nothing to worry about.Thats my opinion.
You are actually worried that you are going to get suspended for no reason at all?

Like who?
How I am going to get suspended in GTS if someone in the same lobby is cheating?
I did bring up Destiny to show that other developers follow this tactic:they set the rules,they check your data,if they find you are violating their policy you are gone without any explanation.
If you are doing nothing wrong -violate rules- you have nothing to worry about.Thats my opinion.
You are actually worried that you are going to get suspended for no reason at all?

You've lost me, all this started when someone expressed a concern that people doing nothing wrong could end up banned which is true. Lag is often confused with a dirty driver ramming people, funkey swear filter, etc.

Anyway I'm now convinced the only way to solve the problem is to keep on banning, I mean heavy banning and stop worrying about the game's quality because the effort put into it should be good enough that people won't cheat and continue to do so until there are patches.

👍

You've lost me, all this started when someone expressed a concern that people doing nothing wrong could end up banned which is true. Lag is often confused with a dirty driver ramming people, funkey swear filter, etc.

Anyway I'm now convinced the only way to solve the problem is to keep on banning, I mean heavy banning and stop worrying about the game's quality because the effort put into it should be good enough that people won't cheat and continue to do so until there are patches.

👍
This.

Ban everyone because I'm sure they did something wrong at some point. Easiest solution and then the game is clean as a whistle.

Have you been suspended from online play and you feel it was unfair. Well i also feel that my suspension was unfair. Yeah im not the best at the game but i feel i try my hardest to be a fair racer. And i even understand baning people with atleast one warning. But to ban people with no warning thats not right. I payed 60$ for your game and 100$ for psn. And how do u expect people to get better if you just ban everyone. Because there are some that got banned that dont deserve it and im one of them.

👍

This topic started because OP "feels" he did nothing wrong but he got suspended without deserving it.Yet he failed or did not have time to answer other fellow members if he did in any way :
-improperly modifying game data
-misbehaving using malfunctions in the game
-causing inconvenience to other users.
And also he wrote that a "warning" would be better before a suspension comes.That alone makes me wonder...Did he or did he not do something that can lead to a suspension?WHy he should get a warning if he did nothing wrong?
Btw lagging cause a huge problem when playing online.I hope you understand that and you dont need to find out the wrong way.
Banning has nothing to do with the "game quality".Cheaters should get banned period.
But hey,lets defend cheaters,laggers,dirty drivers because the "quality" of the game is not in the level we want.Thats perhaps is better.Because your logic here and in another topic is:
"There is a bug that help people cheat.Its not their fault that they use it,its the developer's fault."
instead to say the logical:
"Developer should fix that asap and also ban players that exploit bugs and cheat"....

This.

Ban everyone because I'm sure they did something wrong at some point. Easiest solution and then the game is clean as a whistle.

You are wrong.They cannot ban me because I've done nothing to violate their rules.

Now that's a good one, how do you police that? :lol:

By checking the reported users data from other users.Simple.
Still you keep avoiding to answer simple questions I ask directly to you and copy one phrase in every post of mine to come up with one of your own.So I'll ask again:
-Should cheaters get a ban?Yes or No?
-Should people that do violate the rules they agreed before starting using GTS get punished for doing that or not?-
-Is there any reason you are so keen to defend people that think that PD is "banning people for no reason at all" yet fail to prove that?Is that just because you feel sorry for the possible unjust ban that is still to be proven?Do you fear that you are going to get banned even if you did nothing wrong?

I have to wonder if the OP deliberately and repeatedly did something to warrant complaints from other players. He's not divulging much information, so it could be anything. But whatever it is, his profile may have been flagged for repeated complaints of abuse. I could see players getting away with an exploit here and there, but if you're suspiciously winning races at a higher than normal clip against high-ranked players in a lobby or daily, it might put the legitimacy of your performance into question. There has to be some kind of threshold that has to be met before you're outright banned, which leads me to believe that he's been doing something wrong (and knowingly) - be it cheating or posting offensive content - for a while.

Last edited:
In all phases of life you will find different levels of personal morality, personal responsibility and those that choose to work within the set system defined by society to accomplish their goals and achievements.

Then you have those who are perfectly fine with resorting to levels below what is considered acceptable by society including scamming, cheating and even resorting to crime rather than apply the effort to accomplish their goals honorably.

No different in the gaming or virtual world, the difference is in the real world people that use illegal methods to get ahead end up as criminals and in prison to remove them from society if they are caught.

In the gaming or virtual world you are just banned from further interactions with the society.

If a person has the view on morality to willingly cheat or take advantage in the virtual world I would probably watch such person in the real world a little closer because a honest and a high moral value person is going to generally be that regardless.

In my opinion a person that intentionally uses a cheat or exploit to unfairly win has by their actions shown that they think that the rules only apply to others until they are caught.

They deserve the punishment that is handed down for violating the rules. There will probably be very few that truly do not know why they were banned although they may not publicly admit to such.
Back to using the bogus Idindonuffin defense. In the real world the prisons of full of them!

By checking the reported users data from other users.Simple.

Someone please tell me that quote is a direct google translation off of PD's Japanese site.

Don't you ever feel inconvenienced by someone who is racing by the rules? Don't worry though, I've already joined the ban everyone bandwagon so it's all good.

Someone please tell me that quote is a direct google translation off of PD's Japanese site.

Don't you ever feel inconvenienced by someone who is racing by the rules? Don't worry though, I've already joined the ban everyone bandwagon so it's all good.

Yet again you fail to answer simple questions....Typical of you.

Yes, as repeatedly doing so for no valid reason is treated as spaming a thread.

Double Posting

“Double posting” occurs when a user makes two consecutive posts, one after another. If this is done for no apparent reason, “double posting” is typically frowned upon and may result in a warning or infraction for “spam”.

However, double-posting is not forbidden, and can be useful in many cases. For example, if a reasonable amount of time has passed or you have significant information to add to the topic, present it in a new post so that others, including thread subscribers, are made aware of the update.
https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/#guidelines

That's a pretty ambiguous rule, but I'll try my best to abide by it.

What I've been writing is really simple.
If you use the game without breaking the rules you have nothing to worry about.
If you are breaking those rules (and you should know what you are allowed and what not) then you have no reason to moan if that cause a ban.And for sure,cheaters should be banned no matter what.
And when you are in a lobby full of 20 people you need to consider all of them,not just the you and your gay friend.You may have fun calling your friend gay or whatever,that does not mean the other 18 people see it the same way.

@LennyB Since you accept the policy and agreement of the developer and PS/Sony before using the product/game,I am pretty sure you already have agreed to do that.
It's not simple which I've already demonstrated. Continuously saying so doesn't make it so. Unless you have access to the inner workings of the banning process you're just engaging in pure speculation like me.

It's not simple which I've already demonstrated. Continuously saying so doesn't make it so. Unless you have access to the inner workings of the banning process you're just engaging in pure speculation like me.

You really think that people are getting a ban without violating the rules they have to follow?Is there anywhere a hint that proves that?I mean even OP does not claim that.He wants to get a specific answer about his suspension,yes.His posts is are so generic because he propably have not realized what he did.That is not proof of an unjust suspension .
Only PD knows the specific of the banning process.
There is no proof of that process not working as it should.We can only talk about facts and not just speculate.

Yet again you fail to answer simple questions....Typical of you.
OK, here ya go.

-Should cheaters get a ban?Yes or No? That depends and I don't believe the answer is yes or no, it's yes and no.

-Should people that do violate the rules they agreed before starting using GTS get punished for doing that or not?- yes

-Is there any reason you are so keen to defend people that think that PD is "banning people for no reason at all" yet fail to prove that?Is that just because you feel sorry for the possible unjust ban that is still to be proven?Do you fear that you are going to get banned even if you did nothing wrong?

The reason is simple, just randomly banning people is not going to help the problem and it doesn't matter if they are guilty or not.

:cheers:

The reason is simple, just randomly banning people is not going to help the problem and it doesn't matter if they are guilty or not

Who that is in a position to have the proper knowledge has made the statement or proven that the bans are being done on a random basis versus the bans are actually being distributed using a very well established set of guidelines or criteria determining who does and who does not receive the ban hammer?

Again undocumented speculation that the bans are of a random nature in no way strengthens any type of argument that it will not eliminate the people that violate the policies they had previously agreed not to violate.

I feel pretty confident in my opinion that neither Sony or PD are using the EENY, MEENY MINEY MOE routine to distribute an account ban but rather a set criteria that applies equally to all players to whether a warning or a more serious ban is justified.

It may appear random if PD are reacting to what people are reporting.
I've seen someone use the C word while name calling in a sports lobby chat, if that person got reported, they would most likely get banned I guess.
If you use a livery that someone else created and it's obscene, and you get reported for driving with it, is it your fault you used an obscene livery or is it PD fault for not finding and removing the obscene livery before it got reported?

It may appear random if PD are reacting to what people are reporting.
I've seen someone use the C word while name calling in a sports lobby chat, if that person got reported, they would most likely get banned I guess.
If you use a livery that someone else created and it's obscene, and you get reported for driving with it, is it your fault you used an obscene livery or is it PD fault for not finding and removing the obscene livery before it got reported?
What is the definition of obscene? That's the problem. Without specific guidelines and a review process people could be getting banned for seemingly innocent reasons. We just don't know. Remember, you're dealing with a company who designed a game that allows you to change the tires of a car while you are on the track just by hitting a pause button and can't figure out that proper track limits aren't 10 feet inside of a curb.. Can they really be relied on to determine something as subjective as obscene?

Without a clear definition spread over all the different countries cultures it is best to stay away from anything bordering obscenity.
I hope those bugs are honey traps.

What is the definition of obscene? That's the problem. Without specific guidelines and a review process people could be getting banned for seemingly innocent reasons. We just don't know. Remember, you're dealing with a company who designed a game that allows you to change the tires of a car while you are on the track just by hitting a pause button and can't figure out that proper track limits aren't 10 feet inside of a curb.. Can they really be relied on to determine something as subjective as obscene?
How many PD employees would you suggest are moderating the online portion of the game?

I don't believe the word "obscene" is actually used in the ToS.
Although it is in the AUP for this site.
  • You will not post or link to content that is obscene or sexually oriented.
I assume you have no "problem" with understanding the definition of that.

Back