Unpopular Opinions- Cars in General

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 1,705 comments
"Heavier" is relative. Virtually all kei cars are still very light indeed. The S660 pictured above is only 70kg heavier than the Beat was a quarter-century ago and the current-gen Daihatsu Copen only around 20-40kg heavier than its 15-year old predecessor - yet both are turbocharged, so real-world performance will be better even if the quoted power output remains the same. From what I can tell online, the highest-selling kei car - the Suzuki Wagon R - is pretty much identical to how it was two decades ago - 750kg.
It is hard to find sources confirming this, but new engines are said to have more efficient power/torque delivery, so extra weight should be compensated through better engines. Additional weight is not that bad either as long as it creates better weight distribution. Just my minor additions to the matter. :)

I suspect much of the world wouldn't get out of bed for an S660 with less than about 100bhp
Copen and Wagon had 80+ hp engines outside Japan, but they didn't achieve very good results (especially Copen). The Agila was far more popular, even though it was basically identical to the Wagon.

Last edited:
Copen and Wagon had 80+ hp engines outside Japan, but they didn't achieve very good results (especially Copen). The Agila was far more popular, even though it was basically identical to the Wagon.
The Copen, at least in the UK, struggled because of fluctuating exchange rates, before the company pulled out entirely. The Wagon Rs were a different matter - again in the UK (and I assume the rest of Europe) the R sold was wider and used bigger engines than the "proper" kei version - a little like how the Mitsubishi i-MiEV sold in the USA is wider and longer than the ones sold elsewhere.

And yes, the Agila was better seller, but I suspect the badge (and frequency of dealerships) helped there.

TBH just stop. there is no need, please.
There's nothing wrong with what he said. You do make it seem like Jaguar has some sort of superpowers that other brands don't when you post, though.

There's nothing wrong with what he said. You do make it seem like Jaguar has some sort of superpowers that other brands don't when you post, though.
It is truly special, but not perfect. I could write a lot of its imperfections, too. I am protective, but I can't be always. I never gave Jaguars superpowers I just feel bigger enthusiasm towards them.

It is truly special, but not perfect. I could write a lot of its imperfections, too. I am protective, but I can't be always. I never gave Jaguars superpowers I just feel bigger enthusiasm towards them.
It's one thing to favor a brand, but it's another to meaninglessly praise it all the time. On occasion, you cross the line.

I never praised the brand that much, models only.
Same goes. Praising all the Jaguar models constantly is frowned upon, and I think you get that. You don't do it as much as you used to, however.

Unpopular opinion - The 2004 Ford GT is far more beautiful inside and out than the new one.
runs for cover...
The McLaren 12c is probably the most beautiful McLaren they've ever made. It looks so clean for a supercar.
Also, this portion of the 650s looks like some sort of bird rearing it's head. Also, the white jutting in to the headlight makes this specific McLaren quite an ugly one IMHO.

I agree, although reserved the the original was a very nice looking car, what they did to the front of the MP4-12C facelift is terrible IMO, the McLaren logo lights look naff and what worked on the P1 didn't exactly work here!

The Copen, at least in the UK, struggled because of fluctuating exchange rates, before the company pulled out entirely.
One interesting note: The Copen in Croatia costs more than $20,000. :D I think nobody has bought one yet (no wonder).
And yes, the Agila was better seller, but I suspect the badge (and frequency of dealerships) helped there.
Agree, as opposed to Suzuki Opel has significantly stronger dealership and servicing net here in Croatia. I'm sure the same applies to other EU countries.

SVX
The older GT is more interesting to me. The new one feels so restrained it's almost dull.
I kind of agree actually. I hate the rear quarters of the car, it's as if it was originally designed to be three wheeler...:lol:
cdauto-fordgt-51415-3-1.jpg

Seriously, it looks as though the rear wheels have been poorly joined to the chassis. Yes, I know it's for aerodynamics but it makes for an awkward design element which kills the cohesion. It looks out of place.

I kind of agree actually. I hate the rear quarters of the car, it's as if it was originally designed to be three wheeler...:lol:
View attachment 614303
Seriously, it looks as though the rear wheels have been poorly joined to the chassis. Yes, I know it's for aerodynamics but it makes for an awkward design element which kills the cohesion. It looks out of place.

I find that the coolest bit. The front is what ruins it for me.

I totally agree with the first gen GT being more appealing than the 2nd. Yeah, yeah evolution is essential, but the rear half of the car is just...:yuck:

It's like the roadcar was an afterthought of the GT(racing) car that was supposed to go win Le Mans...and they couldn't even do that without controversy.

The front I like. You can tell what it's based off of, but it's enough of a facelift to make it fresh, but the rear just kills it for me. Maybe it's the face that the body isn't one fully closed shell, if you know what I mean. It looks more of a prototype than most of the LMP1 field!

Don't even get me started on the V6 Ecoboost. I know why they did it...but... come on!

It honestly looks hideous to me. Thought it looked decent in pictures but then I saw their race version of it at a university. It's seriously one ugly looking car.

I definitely prefer the 2004 one.

I always thought the 2004 Ford GT was too retro and heavy handed in it's styling. Each to his own i guess.

The developing world seems to favor the '80s era Toyota Land Cruiser as the king of SUVs, since they have rediculous longevity and ability.
Which is why their value is crazy high despite having over 200+K miles.

The Land Rover is the only true SUV. All others are rubbish.

I'm not even sure how that's an opinion. Even if you take out all of the crossovers and soft roaders out of the equation, you are still missing some rather valid SUV's...the Land Cruiser and Jeep Wrangler come to mind.

As in, it can actually go off-road.

My cousin's 2003 Discovery really didn't blow me away, with all the hype I figured it would be a GTR of the mud. It was capable, but the terrible reliability, and horrible parts availability would have me shopping Toyota or Jeep if I wanted a hard core offroader.

Latest Posts

Back