Unpopular Opinions- Cars in General

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 1,713 comments
If GT3 didn't sell as well as it did, or if GT3 didn't have Pagani at all, it might have been a few years before Horacio could get the word out about his cars.
That would be the case but for the existence of every other type of media other than videogames.

I don't want to blow the trumpet of my current employer too much, but the magazine I work for was probably more responsible for "getting the word out" about Paganis to the people with actual means to buy them, and a couple of years before the Zonda appeared in GT3 (which was 2001).

lamborghini-zagato-milano-concorso-villa-deste-2014-17.jpg
Basically the guy you turn to, if you want your Italian Supercar turned into a Chinese half job.
13-03-2016-10-09-27-2014-Lamborghini-5-95-Zagato-Concept-front.jpg

Can't imagine many will share this opinion: I've never really cared about Ferrari's and they don't do much for me, and only a handful of their cars really catch my attention.
I agree that only a handful of Ferrari's catch my attention as well, but those few cars, man are they good. F40, 250 GTO, 288 GTO, things like that.

Ferrari has been on a steady decline in the last decade or two, if you ask me, but they've made some of the most legendary road and race cars in history, no doubt.

I agree that only a handful of Ferrari's catch my attention as well, but those few cars, man are they good. F40, 250 GTO, 288 GTO, things like that.

Ferrari has been on a steady decline in the last decade or two, if you ask me, but they've made some of the most legendary road and race cars in history, no doubt.

Perhaps, I see you point. But I agree on Ferrari being on a decline, since I personally feel the're somewhat overrated nowadays. For me, the current crop of Ferrari's are all 'meh' and you'd have to go back about 20 years before you find a Ferrari I'd take interest in.

A few that stand out to me are the 330 GTC Zagato, 250 GT Breadvan and the F355 (which imo is last Ferrari I genuinely really liked), oh and perhaps the F40, but in LM form. Otherwise I'm not fussed, as for example I think the Daytona isn't that pretty at all, but you get the idea.

It's OK if you don't like a manufacturer, but like specific models in their line and vice versa.

For example, I don't much like Ford because of their questionable reliability. However, I do like the Focus RS, Mustang, and the historic cars.

And vice versa: I like Toyota as a brand because the cars are easy to get and practically unkillable. I don't like the cars themselves because they're lifeless. Even the Scion Toyota Corolla iM, which would be an absolute market-killer if it had more power and drove less like a Cutlass.

I see RWB cars as no different than this:

ricer_civic_1_118.jpg

Nothing more than a bodykit on a 911 done by people trying too hard to be unique. It's the latest tuner phase I wish would go away.

It doesn't help that very rarely do any of the RWB designed Porsches have any sort of performance to back up their rocket ship looks.

But I wonder how much of the love for RWB comes from weebs who have canonized Nakai-san as this sort of tuning god of Japan.

SVX
Friggen ricers, man.
I sense a little sarcasm. :lol:

I mean, RWB cars look cool and all, but unless they have the performance to match their wild looks, they're a bit phony to me. Often built on your average 911, some guy slaps on a bodykit, some suspension and wheels to make it look like a bad-ass, road-going, race car. Which I respect, I love race cars! But then you see an RWB at a track and it's going slower than it looks like it should be. I'm sure the 911 under the bodykit is still capable, but with the big wing, wide arches and stickers you'd think it does burnouts in every gear and shoots flames.

Long story short, my beef is that they're all about show and no go. (Some RWBs have the performance to back up the look, I'm sure, but the current craze of RWB is more about the way they look and not the way they perform)

I mean, RWB cars look cool and all, but unless they have the performance to match their wild looks, they're a bit phony to me. Often built on your average 911, some guy slaps on a bodykit, some suspension and wheels to make it look like a bad-ass, road-going, race car. Which I respect, I love race cars! But then you see an RWB at a track and it's going slower than it looks like it should be. I'm sure the 911 under the bodykit is still capable, but with the big wing, wide arches and stickers you'd think it does burnouts in every gear and shoots flames.

Long story short, my beef is that they're all about show and no go. (Some RWBs have the performance to back up the look, I'm sure, but the current craze of RWB is more about the way they look and not the way they perform)

Makes sense, the whole appeal of them as you said is to look wild, but I think putting it as the same category as a ricer is a stretch too far; one is purely for show and will most likely never see a track, and the other has lots of functional merit, and in the case of the Japanese builds, regularly see track time to reap the benefit of the modifications.

The Z31 is my favorite generation of the Nissan Z-car.
The Mercedes SLR McLaren is my favorite supercar of the 2000s.
I never liked the way the VW Karmann Ghia looks.

Unpopular opinion: Most RWB Porsches fail to excite me.

I see RWB cars as no different than this:

ricer_civic_1_118.jpg

Nothing more than a bodykit on a 911 done by people trying too hard to be unique. It's the latest tuner phase I wish would go away.

Never understood why would anyone wants to ruin some classic porsche 911's.
---

Mercedes benz nowadays doesn't feel that mercedes anymore compared to older 80's or 70's models. Nowadays it feels like a generic luxury car.

I loathe having to sit on a leather car seat, especially around summertime when they become hot enough to boil water...

Fun story, my friend used his dad's Ford Edge to pick my other friend on a hot summer day. We waited for my friend for about an hour, and in that time, my ass was sweaty enough to put butter on popcorn. :lol:

There's a lot of cars that look good in white. If the design is nice and pleasing to the eye, a white one can be very good looking indeed. Like this one for example!:

IymQC0j.jpg

Yes that used to be mine :P.

edit; ps:

zhqOUvN.jpg

Last edited:
Back