Unpopular Opinions- Cars in General

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 1,713 comments
Stance or slammed cars are overrated. It just looks stupid and in some cars ruins the way it looks. A little negative camber is fine but please not too much.

Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-24-34.png

Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-25-38.png

Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-26-44.png

Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-25-23.png

Last edited:
Small cars are indeed more agile, and do tend to perform well against fixed barriers compared to say a Dreadnought class SUV. But head-on against the Dreadnought the results are borderline horrifying.

Both generations of the XK managed to look very clean and elegant, and not disproportioned in the slightest. The F-Type, I feel is too aggressive and overdone and less graceful looking.

Definitely, especially the previous gen XK, which looked very sleek and elegant, thought that was exceptionally good looking. The F-Type is nowhere near as good, granted it isn't horrendously ugly, but it isn't a stunner either. It looks especially weird from the rear for me.

There's plenty of cars that I'm okay with having those pop up spoilers. But others...feel like an afterthought.

As others said, I don't find the F-Type that attractive. But what bothers me the most about it, is the spoiler. It just looks like a panel they decided to cut out and have move about to be considered a spoiler.
123999_2014_Jaguar_F-type.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Same for the RC-F
RC-F-wing-01.jpg

I'm fine with some other cars having pop up spoilers, but these two are examples of what feels like a lazily done design.

Say whatever you want about the Ferrari 488 being better than the 458 but I still love the 458.

ferrari-458-spider-front-cornering.jpg

And one more thing...
As much as i love this car and understand why people love it, i gotta say that the Toyota Supra is a bit overrated in some ways. The fanboy's kinda ruins the car for me.
IMG0000.JPG

Don't get me wrong, i still love it but no way it's the absolute best car in the world as some fans suggest.

Disagree. I think the F Type is stunning. The XK was nice too, but it looks dated
I'd say it's the opposite. The F-Type was stunning but hasn't aged well at all whereas the XK has less faff in its design, it's a lot closer to being classically beautiful rather than just following trends.

'Unpopular Opinions'
Every opinion on the Internet is open for debate, especially unpopular ones.

And one more thing...
As much as i love this car and understand why people love it, i gotta say that the Toyota Supra is a bit overrated in some ways. The fanboy's kinda ruins the car for me.
View attachment 651370

Don't get me wrong, i still love it but no way it's the absolute best car in the world as some fans suggest.

I grew up loving the MKIV Supra, but as you said, the hype ruins the car for me. On the other hand, I really like the MKIII Supra. First car I owned in Gran Turismo 2 and I still love it to this day. Just a shame the US only got the 7M instead of the 1JZ.
DSC_0083-2.jpg

Also here's another unpopular opinion. I like the Ferrari F430 more than the 488/458....
ferrari-430-scuderia-c765421042016114059_2.jpg

Also here's another unpopular opinion. I like the Ferrari F430 more than the 488/458....
ferrari-430-scuderia-c765421042016114059_2.jpg

Going on from that even more, I really don't like modern Ferrari's; i.e. from this century (not into Fezza's much anyhow), Last road going Ferrari I kind of liked, and thought good looking, was the 550/575. And the last Ferrari I genuinely really liked was the F355.

Ferrari 550.jpg
Ferrari F355.jpg

Last edited:
Back