Unpopular Opinions- Cars in General

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 1,705 comments
I don't like the look of fifteen52 wheels.

I agree for the most part, but...

...I think their wheels look good if you have a completely stock Subaru Impreza WRX STI, and the wheels you use are their plain five-spoke white variety.

(Ignore the photoshop contest watermark)

IMG_2148.JPG

I would drive that.

..I think their wheels look good if you have a completely stock Subaru Impreza WRX STI, and the wheels you use are their plain five-spoke white variety.
I don't like those honestly. They give me a plastic toy vibe when looking at them, especially in white.

Modern Lexii look even worse.

The IS isn't too bad in darker colors, in fact I think it's quite sharp in that charcoal/dark grey shade they have. And the RC in orange is fantastic as well. But everything else is terrible.

The only reason I really like the white wheels is because they give off a nice rally car vibe.
I'm sorry, but I honestly don't see it.

The Juke looks a lot better in person when you can get a good feel for some of the curves.
I'm not so sure about that. I've seen multiple Jukes in person and my opinion on the appearance hasn't really change much.

The fiteen52 looks no where near as good as the OZ's nor they even have any resemblance except for having same amount of spokes and being white. The spokes are way too large/thick which makes them hideous.
Right, and I agree. They look sorta kinda like the rally wheels if you squint from a distance. :lol:

I'm not a fan of them either, but compared to the other style wheels from fifteen52, I can tolerate these white 5-spoke ones.

The Juke looks a lot better in person when you can get a good feel for some of the curves.

Modern Lexii look even worse.
It's the other way around for me.

Please don't hurt me. :scared:
-----
I always liked the digital speedometer from 80's and early 90's cars. Back when I was a kid, my grandpa owned a 1994 Caprice and it had one of these green digital dash. I loved it so much and wondered why car manufacturers aren't making more of these at the time.

Toyota Soarer
BTiekV3ABdP.jpg

Toyota Mark II X80
Urss5WS_JQ.jpg

Chevrolet Caprice
BMw8Fa2gIlF.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe not so much on the Subarus, but white 5-spoke wheels remind me of tarmac spec rally wheels:
Once again, I don't see it. I guess if I squint from a distance, but not when I can see both in clear view. Also, what lxmmy said.

The fiteen52 looks no where near as good as the OZ's nor they even have any resemblance except for having same amount of spokes and being white.

The spokes are way too large/thick which makes them hideous.

They are nothing more than a Compomotive MO replica.

The Mitsubishi Mirage is not a horrible car.

I mean, we just bought one.

Granted, the engine drones and shudders under load if you aren't in the right gear, the steering sucks, the body roll is incredible given how stiffly it pongs off of bumps and it's a sea of plastic inside... but for $10k flat here, you can do much much worse. (Only car that price that's better is the Celerio. And that has a narrow and upright rear bench)

And at 60 mpg highway on a long run, plus oil changes that only require three quarts, it is astonishingly cheap to run.

Don't expect most motoring enthusiasts or journos to get it, but it has been a pleasant though rather unexciting experience over the last six months.

Well, I think what he/she means is small cars have to be made much safer than larger cars because of the size difference.

I.E. my sister's Jeep Compass is 3 stars all around and it's a modestly sized SUV. My tiny Mazda is 5 stars all around and in a small-sized segment of car.

It's probably because of inertia in an accident AFAIK

I tend to feel safer driving a smaller car because of its inherent agility. Having to overcome excess inertia to avert a collision in the first place makes me more uncomfortable than the limited crashworthiness of a smaller car. Navigating a situation without incident makes more sense to me than sacrificing that ability and going nose-first into it for the sake of additional protection from the outcome.

I know I might be late, but:

The Dodge Demon is a byproduct of the silly American horsepower wars and does not deserve to exist. 800+ horsepower does not impress me at all. It likely came at the cost of additional weight. I bet that EPA and NHTSA regulations were breached if any weight was lost.*

*If those regulations don't change during the tenure of the 118th U.S. Congress or Trump's administration.

small cars are safer than big cars!

Sorta, it really depends on the car and when it was engineered. A large car from 2017 will be vastly more safe than a small car built in 1997. Country of origin also plays a big role too, a small car from a US manufacture probably won't be as safe as a small car from a European manufacture due to market trends, cost, demand, and difference in how countries test their vehicles. Pick-ups also tend to be less safe than cars, but car-based SUV's tend to be safer than normal sedans.

I know I might be late, but:

The Dodge Demon is a byproduct of the silly American horsepower wars and does not deserve to exist. 800+ horsepower does not impress me at all. It likely came at the cost of additional weight. I bet that EPA and NHTSA regulations were breached if any weight was lost.*

*If those regulations don't change during the tenure of the 118th U.S. Congress or Trump's administration.

Agreed, I think it's a stupid car, mainly because most people have zero clue how to handle that much power. It's got to be atrocious to drive in the rain and you know some idiot is going to get the performance crate thing with it and then drive around on slicks with skinny front tires and wonder why they put the car into a light pole. Also knowing Chrysler, they're going to shoehorn that engine into whatever they can so that more idiots can buy it and run even more cars/SUVs into light poles. Of all the people that are buying them I'm going to guess less than 10% actually know what they are doing with them.

I kind of wish they'd gone through with what the rumors were saying, an AWD track monster.

Back