Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
Apart from returning things to normal after hosting as I've been doing for the past couple hours, I really enjoy New Years festivities. There's no gift-giving element and they tend to be populated a bit more by friends than by relatives, so it's far more relaxed with less tension, and good conversation abound.

I don't think using the comic sans font is stupid, as long as it's used in an appropriate fashion. Like marketing a toy or something.

I use Comic Sans on a daily basis because apparently it is the easiest to read for children and anything I print out most likely ends up on students’ desks.

I wouldn’t email in CS though unless I was trying to piss people off.

To me, every dubstep song sounds like a rip-off of Skrillex.
Remove Skrillex and replace it with each other and I'd agree with you.

Funny thing about Skrillex is that the front man Sonny Moore started his career as the frontman for an emo/post-hardcore band back in the day.

Funny thing about Skrillex is that the front man Sonny Moore started his career as the frontman for an emo/post-hardcore band back in the day.
Same with the band Pendulum and lead vocalist Rob Swire, who started in metal bands before finding way into drum and bass of all genres. It's a little strange to think that a hardcore genre like punk/ emo/ metal can lead into electronica like that, but hey, if you can find an audience...

In related news I also learned that The Beastie Boys started in hardcore punk music before hip-hop.

I don't even know what those words are, but they sound surely tasty. :drool: It isn't available here. The joys of living in England. :embarrassed:

1428443422063.png

And yes, the mascot is a Panda. :boggled:

I'm one hundred percent ready to take heat on this.

I actually enjoy watching Bob Ross and his painting tutorials. Not for a laugh, or to make fun of it; but to truly be inspired, motivated and sleep. His positive and calm demeanor puts me right into REM.

Last edited:
I'm one hundred percent ready to take heat on this.

I actually enjoy watching Bob Ross and his painting tutorials. Not for a laugh, or to make fun of it; but to truly be inspired, motivated and sleep. His positive and calm demeanor puts me right into REM.

How is this unpopular? An entire generation grew up watching that wonderful man.

I'd beg the opposite. Maybe it's a generational thing.
Never really saw it as a joke, and even my brother who's 5 years younger uses his videos for tutorials. It's really amazing the stuff he does, to be honest. Starts out with a blank slate and moments later half of an amazing painting is done. That's pretty neat.

Most everything can be a Meme nowadays, that doesn't mean that's the only reason it's popular considering they're usually based off something that has some popularity in the first place.

Never really saw it as a joke, and even my brother who's 5 years younger uses his videos for tutorials. It's really amazing the stuff he does, to be honest. Starts out with a blank slate and moments later half of an amazing painting is done. That's pretty neat.

Most everything can be a Meme nowadays, that doesn't mean that's the only reason it's popular considering they're usually based off something that has some popularity in the first place.
I'm not saying that he isn't a valuable resource to use, but throughout my high school and college days, I didn't know a single person who didn't think of Bob Ross as a guy to poke fun at and make jokes about. That's why I thought my opinion would be unpopular. I didn't know about Bob Ross until I was in high school and most of my friends hadn't heard of him either.

As for Billy Mays, I grew up with him selling me things on the TV. This was before I was old enough to know that people made jokes about him. I truly though he was awesome.

Back