Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
"Regular season" as in November-February college basketball games are more interesting to watch than tournament games, mostly because gigantic outbursts that occur across the media when a title favorite loses aren't as common outside the tournament.

I like, no love, anchovies. Anchovy pizza ftw:sly:

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e.jpg

(Yes, I realize the irony of using a Fry picture for that)

Anchovies for the win,

I probably posted this in the food thread. I work for a restaurant company. I go to the stores every once in a while, I made this 8" pizza, on one of my visits. I diced up onions and tomatoes, and added olives before topping it with cheese, and lots of anchovies. Before I put it in the oven (after I took the first pic), I covered each anchovy with pecorino Romano cheese. Drool, @Johnnypenso, drool.

CAM00107_zpssy7ueg8p.jpg

CAM00111_zpsp2o6hpuk.jpg

Anchovies for the win,

I probably posted this in the food thread. I work for a restaurant company. I go to the stores every once in a while, I made this 8" pizza, on one of my visits. I diced up onions and tomatoes, and added olives before topping it with cheese, and lots of anchovies. Before I put it in the oven (after I took the first pic), I covered each anchovy with pecorino Romano cheese. Drool, @Johnnypenso, drool.

CAM00107_zpssy7ueg8p.jpg

CAM00111_zpsp2o6hpuk.jpg
That's a thing of beauty right there:bowdown:. Only recently I learned how to make pizza at home, in a cast iron frying pan. I break my anchovies up into little pieces and spread them around:
54_Do9Jnc4d55cqGV_SLqSbt0R8OXh33wtbRX2Vubve6YjV_CLibCUeegEGaZelQzY7uiHyLPzenxHj9A-UuwfZYC1g5fc617HgQb-BEuJOC9zUK2NpFVf1kOygKXurJ_0DRdbzITsznFAp6KcZXtrCE6ULg0fM34Ltq4kKRfHEJJnIOMra4NHG5RmAIgceFnrz9h0fSGWKMcQT5sLHteMy_QfV-qJGV0iPRb8YPsM1B1bs-h4nr2Bh49i_agMtSQ2F5xXRURVznGIOZKa7NyI8dix-O8BkAS-GI6JRSr8ceiZJrOGl1D0kxfNlmdKTtHFlWvekSWp8hakbMbjQ1FGoGMElwzfBOvjTx_3ZQp3E8i_Q4-46CI0jvJj9bYceI_TM_aHndoDaKLTGOcPGxQLJCNo-LvoH3cZFOItzmlCGT2sWns6yKEV9Celj4_B_jj09uqEkmIspGt7qASCuXQ7KmNQLYjO4d8rLog6WE5mUdd5oBrkcAVznO19nuWPq2n7FOm7o2T6DzEtaxHqCikTybj7jxPeTo2j4iHeLiGd7clEfK-GBqY__5P9uCaz2ajuIhd7-6AvFrklUMntWLfQnZa6GogAeBj2G2Kun-V1W35cl3fVrt=w1616-h908-no

Crossroads by Bone Thugs N Harmony is overrated.

About 6 to 7 years ago, I used to listen to a lot of different types of music, including them. I can recall asking a few people about the group back then and what their favorite song was, they kept mentioning Crossroads to me. I of course took the time to listen to it, I wasn't too impressed and I didn't understand why they favored it so much. I listened to it again before posting this and years later, I still don't get it.

I don't hate the song nor do I think it's bad, I just don't think it's all that great and that it isn't as good as it's made out to be.

Last edited:
Rap, Gangster Rap, they all suck. They are worse than the disco I had to suffer through in the late 70's. Someone needs to take a pile of rap records cds, mp3s or what ever music is sold on these days, out to the middle of a baseball field and burn it, it seemed to work for disco.

While I don't dislike rap music I think it's certainly had its day and I'm one of the people who think that hip hop culture has a lot to answer for when it comes to glorification of gangs, criminality, drugs and all the rest. Many of today's inner city problems seem to have taken their style from gangster rap. That's not to say the inner city problems weren't already there before rap, but rap has shaped the modern day face of them.

There's nothing wrong with a vegan diet NOR is there anything wrong with a meat eating diet.

They both have advantages and they can also sort of replicate the advantages the other does (though not to the best). They both do some damage to the world in some-way or another (overly running the meat industry more than needed and terrorizing land for the ability to grow more crops and available resources for fruit, veggies etc.). Every Food comes from a sacrifice and it doesn't have to be life.

Now you can debate that one is better than the other, it comes your preference, but I don't think any of them are "the" good side or "the" evil side.

There's nothing wrong with a vegan diet NOR is there anything wrong with a meat eating diet.

If one doesn't supplement properly then a vegan diet can cause health problems. Alternatively, according to something I read recently, eating beef contributes more pollution to the atmosphere than cars and some meats can be carcinogenic. Both have their pitfalls.

What is annoying is the way in which many vegans look down upon others who don't follow their diet/ philosophy, and what is especially annoying is their announcement of veganism at irrelevant times. Nobody cares, go eat a leaf.

If one doesn't supplement properly then a vegan diet can cause health problems. Alternatively, according to something I read recently, eating beef contributes more pollution to the atmosphere than cars and some meats can be carcinogenic. Both have their pitfalls.

What is annoying is the way in which many vegans look down upon others who don't follow their diet/ philosophy, and what is especially annoying is their announcement of veganism at irrelevant times. Nobody cares, go eat a leaf.
Just eat chicken, or some rashers, fried eggs and sausages in the odd Irish/British fry-up, be grand. :lol:

Probably an unpopular opinion when it comes to female's but.... Women are really corny. Do they know this? It seems like they don't because every time I say that their corny (that's if I notice they said or did something corny) they would disagree 90% of the time that it wasn't. I'm not saying it's a bad thing it's just something I notice. And no I don't think all women are corny and also I know that guy's can be corny too but I just don't see it as often as I do with women. No big deal.

Probably an unpopular opinion when it comes to female's but.... Women are really corny. Do they know this? It seems like they don't because every time I say that their corny (that's if I notice they said or did something corny) they would disagree 90% of the time that it wasn't. I'm not saying it's a bad thing it's just something I notice. And no I don't think all women are corny and also I know that guy's can be corny too but I just don't see it as often as I do with women. No big deal.

I think this is just you.

Um.

Boy what?

Ehhh.... Forget what I said lol. I had a feeling that you guys would react like that.:lol: Like I said it's just something I notice I guess It's not something I notice all the time. But anyway let's move on and forget about that post:lol:

Ehhh.... Forget what I said lol. I had a feeling that you guys would react like that.:lol: Like I said it's just something I notice I guess It's not something I notice all the time. But anyway let's move on and forget about that post:lol:
Probably a good idea. I kept reading corny as horny and was utterly confused.

They're alright, but all I ever seem to get is the mint ones. and mint chocolate anything suuuuuuuucks.

I love mint chocolate. Even when I was pranked with a toothpaste Oreo by American colleagues they were baffled as to why I asked for more lol. Just can't beat a mint Club or Viscount biscuit.

Woman are people too and not some other species that needs to be deciphered. The unpopular truth around this site i feel sometimes.

Anchovies are great on pizza. Usually have it with prawns and tuna.

Fish is better raw.

Soft tofu is actually wonderful.

Raw eggs are really nice.

American bacon is a sacralage. Bacon that crispy is awful

Bacon is overrated.

America, overall is not somewhere i would consider a good place to live. Some nice places as with anywhere but I'm not a fan.

I love it when it rains hard, if I'm inside.

Cats are evil. However i do find loads of people care for them poorly. Don't put a bell on its collar, they are hunters and you are taking away their natural instinct. They are mostly night animals so damn well let em sleep if that's what they want to do all day.

@Famine isn't anyone special. He is a person just like the rest of us. Same goes for @Jordan

Capitalism as a whole cannot survive the next 50 years. Robots will be its downfall.

Woman are people too and not some other species that needs to be deciphered. The unpopular truth around this site i feel sometimes.
I don't think anyone has said they aren't, I think @Elitekilla29 was just pointing out an observation he has.- about what he think women do more than men and I'm sure it's the same with other users.

I don't think anyone has said they aren't, I think @Elitekilla29 was just pointing out an observation he has.- about what he think women do more than men and I'm sure it's the same with other users.
Have you read the relationship advice threads?

It's all, do girls like this or this? I don't know ask her. Not all girls are the same.

It's all, do girls like this or this? I don't know ask her. Not all girls are the same.

Teenagers have been awkward towards the opposite sex since the beginning of time, it's not something that's new or unheard of.

I have but they appear to be observations and what they think or want to react to what they observe and Women do this too, this is how relationships start from what I hear (I don't go into relationships, so I have 0 first hand experience), especially since it is relatively impossible to find out how someone likes straight on you since hardly anyone will admit they like someone to their face.

As for a few other trying to get their partner to do something, it happens in relationships and it isn't exclusive to one gender.

I like the polls that @Turbo creates. And the mature discussion that goes on in them. 👍

Back