Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

I'm so annoyed by this.. I could of played it before school and I've just went back today and I have lots of work and studying to do. I was expecting it on January the 1st. And next time they should not add a date because the more people like me will complain. Thanks PD. :/

Exactly, now I feel like a dolt for predicting it would come out today. Though I don't have school for another two weeks fortunately (college life!), thats PD's biggest mistake. Had they known how sensitive the GT fanbase is on things like dates and deadlines (GT5 delayed, all the other things as well being set to the last second) putting out a set date and failing to live up to it hurts their reliability a bit.

They should have just put coming soon, instead of January 1st, or had they known they were going to take a long New Years break, they should have simply prepared for that beforehand (release it earlier, or release a statement). PD's always been hush hush, whereas going out and simply saying "Look, we are sorry, we will try to get the update out by ___" could make a major difference. At least let the people who bought the game a heads up, you don't have to necessarily tell us whats going to update for the next 6 months exactly, but give us a little status update.

Honestly I was surprised GT6 was released on time! As much as I understand people being frustrated with this delay. PD and delays is nothing new. Other GT titles have delayed for far greater times, let's put things in perspective here. It's not even been delayed a week in my timezone(over the holidays no less). I'm sure it will either be fixed/open soon, or PD will give us a explanation.

I'm so annoyed by this.. I could of played it before school and I've just went back today and I have lots of work and studying to do. I was expecting it on January the 1st. And next time they should not add a date because the more people like me will complain. Thanks PD. :/

World doesn't revolve around you mate ;) . They never said 1st of January so why should it be?

World doesn't revolve around you mate ;) . They never said 1st of January so why should it be?

To be fair, and as much as this endless discusion of these events and updates is boring me to death and most other people, GTP-V-Z is correct. When you click on the locked icons in game it clearly states January 1st 2014. I hope they do release it soon, not because it interests me but just to shut everyone up!!!

Rude of people to take vacations lol
Well. It's not wrong of PD to get a vacation (they deserved it). It's just they should've said "coming soon" instead. I should have worded it better. :)

To be fair, and as much as this endless discusion of these events and updates is boring me to death and most other people, GTP-V-Z is correct. When you click on the locked icons in game it clearly states January 1st 2014. I hope they do release it soon, not because it interests me but just to shut everyone up!!!

WHEN IS IT COMING OMG IT'S LIKE JANUARY 6TH UGH PD SO LAZY!!!! jk. :lol::lol::lol:

Although sometimes delayed, at least we're getting updates and new content... Unlike an certain other game *cough*LFS*cough* that was supposed to get 1 new car and 1 new track ~5 years ago but nothing happened yet...

ummmm, yes...they actually did say January 1st. :)
They didn't say January the 1st for update 1.03, they showed it for the new red bull challenges, that red bull challenges weren't promised for 1.03, and GTP-V-Z said that 1.03 was due January the 1st, but it wasnt, they never gave a date...

They didn't say January the 1st for update 1.03, they showed it for the new red bull challenges, that red bull challenges weren't promised for 1.03, and GTP-V-Z said that 1.03 was due January the 1st, but it wasnt, they never gave a date...
True the text just indicates that the RB events would be Jan 1st but they also said there would be a big update in Jan, maybe 2 big updates and the first part fo the RB event was in update 1.02 so it is not unreasonable to assume the next part would be in the 1.03 update and that may be why we have not gotten it yet.

Is this the vettel thread or one based on update 1.03? I'm confused...:boggled: This will all come it due time. Again I feel update 1.02 was not intended to release when it did but because of the loop hole and free credits it was make #1 priority. I also believe this delayed finishing up the scheduled January 1ST update. Just my look on all of this and how the XB things played out.
I hope people realize that an exploit like that and what it takes to fix it will make other things behind it suffer just a little.. I'm not defending PD but I am just trying to look at this from a whole picture thing.

True the text just indicates that the RB events would be Jan 1st but they also said there would be a big update in Jan, maybe 2 big updates and the first part fo the RB event was in update 1.02 so it is not unreasonable to assume the next part would be in the 1.03 update and that may be why we have not gotten it yet.
to be fair, its likely that the RB events will be in 1.03, just want to make it clear that 1.03 was promised on 1st of Jan just so people aint getting confused haha :)

Rude of people to take vacations lol

LOL, if you look at my prior posts in other threads about this, I actually lauded and said PD deserved a vacation because they were one of the harder working companies. What I'm on about is don't make promises you can't keep, and if they at least went out and dropped a statement instead of leaving people in the dark would be a better choice to make.

I really wish they would not waste any money or time adding a B-spec to the game. That mode in GT5 was a total waste of time. Why would I want to play a "Real Driving Simulator" when I don't do any real driving? Give me every one of the fan recommendations in the "fix this" thread first please.

I really wish they would not waste any money or time adding a B-spec to the game. That mode in GT5 was a total waste of time. Why would I want to play a "Real Driving Simulator" when I don't do any real driving? Give me every one of the fan recommendations in the "fix this" thread first please.

I'm actually looking forward to B-Spec if for no reason other than to let Bob earn me some credits while I am not playing, B-Spec has always been great for that. They also indicated that B-Spec was to be merged with A-Spec as it was in GT4 so if they decide to add any long endurance races you could swap off to Bob during these races and let him drive for a while. In additional they mentioned some expansion or new features in B-Spec so I am a bit curious as to what that will be.

That said I am much more interested in additional Online options, community features, track generator and leaderboards but I'll take whatever they give us ;)

Luckly it is seperate now, and I need it because I feel lazy at finishing career mode. Also, not like you'll be forced to use it once it comes anyway, B-Spec is now part of the GT series so mind as well live with it.

What are you going to say next, that the Course Maker is a waste of time too?

restarted the game 5 days ago, cashed in on 6 seasonals yesterday @ 200% bonus, raking in 17mil cr. problem is, I don't want to spend a virtual dime on any cars. I love all the prize cars too much to care for the dealer area.

oh sorry OT, I will wait for 1.03, GT6 still needs another 10 patches, the very next patch won't fix anything much anyways. GT5 became a whole new game some patches into spec2.0

So-funny-I-forgot-to-laugh.jpg

I'm actually looking forward to B-Spec if for no reason other than to let Bob earn me some credits while I am not playing, B-Spec has always been great for that. They also indicated that B-Spec was to be merged with A-Spec as it was in GT4 so if they decide to add any long endurance races you could swap off to Bob during these races and let him drive for a while. In additional they mentioned some expansion or new features in B-Spec so I am a bit curious as to what that will be.

That said I am much more interested in additional Online options, community features, track generator and leaderboards but I'll take whatever they give us ;)

I don't buy the earning money thing now that they've added the big payouts back into the Seasonals. I've got 12 million credits now and almost all of that comes from completing gold on 4-5 of those seasonal events. A gold trophy nets you over 2 million on one event.

I wouldn't mind being able to swap to an AI driver in a long endurance race but they would need to add those back in first.

If you guys want this silly mode I don't have problems with it being added as long as some of the more critical A-spec issues get ironed out first.

Just for the record kids, when discussing time using "light years", a light year is no different than "a year", since it refers to the same amount of time, ie, the distance that light travels in one earth year.

well, it's more a measuring unit for distance, not time.

Honestly I was surprised GT6 was released on time! As much as I understand people being frustrated with this delay. PD and delays is nothing new. Other GT titles have delayed for far greater times, let's put things in perspective here. It's not even been delayed a week in my timezone(over the holidays no less). I'm sure it will either be fixed/open soon, or PD will give us a explanation.
It may of been released on time but it was never released complete, just like GT5 was not complete.

well, it's more a measuring unit for distance, not time.

Thanks. Having physics and engineering degrees, along with over 30 years of professional experience, I'm sorta "fully aware" of what a lighyear refers to. I already addressed the issue of why I said what I said in a post to another grammar cop a page or so back. Can we just stay on topic instead of dragging out this stupid lightyear subtext?

I don't have a physics degree but since I go to a university preparation school I also know what a light year is. ;)
I think practically everyone with a bit of knowledge about the earth and universe does... ;)
He probably didn't know what you meant to say earlier on, but keep in mind that not everyone's native language is English.

Latest Posts

Back