Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

I love how in a thread about an update,people are arguing about lightyears and overhyped games :lol:

Question: where do the rabbid Japanese GT fans hang out? And is there no one here that bounces back and forth?

I'm curious as all developers tend to track a few main forums and I would assume PD are referencing Japanese forms more than these... And only the US producer to absorb these forums... And if you know anything about Japanese culture you'll know he has about as much say as the janitor.

I'm most interested if those forums are commenting on the same things we are, and if there might be more details that simply aren't making to us...

I love how in a thread about an update,people are arguing about lightyears and overhyped games :lol:
Don't worry, this topic will be fixed in the next update to re-focus people on the OP.

On topic, I think it is a little early for 1.03 since 1.02 came out just before the major holiday week and they have been off this past week for new years. Plus the next Red Bull events are probably in the game from the 1.02 update they just need to send a mini update to unlock it.

It's weird it says in the game that they will be available on january 1st 2014... So it's a few days overdue... You'd think they could schedule a automatic micro update to activate it while they're on holiday right?

I think they might have but there was an error or something. We will just have to wait it out till they get back to work

I'm with you on that. I feel I got more than what I payed for and I would be perfectly happy with the game as is. All the updates are just icing on the cake.

I played NFS Porsche Unleashed a lot, and I can say that's probably the best NFS ever made, or at least the one I've enjoyed the most, even though there were no other cars than Porsche (not a bad thing). That's a good example of a game made with love and dedication. Everything from PS2 and above, except the Underground series, feels incredibly rushed and recycled.
No doubt it was the best by far, not only the best NFS to date but the best racing game of its day. Since then the only one they have made that I really enjoyed playing very much was UG2. I did buy a few more after those but didn't really play them a lot, after I started playing GT and Forza I pretty much quit bothering with any NFS, Shift and Shift 2 seemed promising but turned out to be a waste of time.

It really is a shame that they do not build on what they had in Porsche Unleashed. It had a good physics model, good damage model and even though the career mode was short it was very replayable. I must have went through evolution mode on that game close to a dozen times also had quite a few races over the LAN with a few of my friends and even a few using dial up. The game was ahead of its time and raised the bar on racing games to the point that EA has been below the bar ever since.

Rename thread title to the "theory of relativity, debate by GTPlanet". Are we still talking about update 1.03? :confused: Light years...

Sorry...we need the patch now! :D

I'm guessing there's no news anywhere about its schedule?

Right now I'm just buying all the classic cars and enjoying them. But I'm starting to feel a bit impatient about the whole RedBull Events/possible patch thing.

If I'm not mistaken, patches or updates are usually released on Tuesdays (no more than pure speculation from my part), so hopefully we'll know something by then.

Right now I'm just buying all the classic cars and enjoying them. But I'm starting to feel a bit impatient about the whole RedBull Events/possible patch thing.

If I'm not mistaken, patches or updates are usually released on Tuesdays (no more than pure speculation from my part), so hopefully we'll know something by then.

That would make sense, last Tuesday was New Year's Eve.

Given that it must take the cooperation of Sony/PSN to issue a patch maybe the delay wasn't PD's at all? Just strange that there's been no update.

The worst case it could be is making GT7 even better because it will have a PS4 competitor, I don't need to say what the best case scenario for Project CARS will be...
The invitations to P.CARS are closed, but again, if you "dig" and research a little you will find not only that the visual and audio parts are much much better than GT6 (which you can see and hear on all their videos), but from actual players who play these development stages, and guess what, they all love it... it's also nothing compared to NFS Shift.

I'm not saying I seen the future, but the future of racing simulation looks pretty good with Project CARS, Assetto Corsa and GT7. At least 1 of these games will be better than the other 2 and competition makes the best incentive into making a great game.
For me it's only good news...

I am not a life time dedicated fanboi, of Playstation or GT series, I will go where the better experience in simulation is and what I consider to be best for me. For now, GT6 is "ok", but far from what I want and expect... that's why I like to keep my options open and my eyes the same.

Well no, Worst case it could be NFS shift with pretty cars.

Not everything about Pcars has been positive up to this point. I've done plenty of research on it and there is still some serious work that needs to be done to the physics engine. There is a lot of talk about PCars being a "simcade" game and not a full sim.

Which is fine, both GT and FM are "simcade" and they're great. But PCars will have to bring more to the table if it wants to compete with those two.

Edit: Assetto Corsa looks amazing.

It really is a shame that they do not build on what they had in Porsche Unleashed. It had a good physics model, good damage model and even though the career mode was short it was very replayable. I must have went through evolution mode on that game close to a dozen times also had quite a few races over the LAN with a few of my friends and even a few using dial up. The game was ahead of its time and raised the bar on racing games to the point that EA has been below the bar ever since.
Me two man lol good god porsche unleashed was ahead of it's time i love that game remember this.

Sorry...we need the patch now! :D

I'm guessing there's no news anywhere about its schedule?

Nope, as with the last patch, or the updates, they came unannounced, which I kind of liked, and the only thing we knew about was Kazunori mentioned December and January getting big updates, December did, so thats why with January we are actively waiting for that update.

There is supposed to be a Senna update in May though which Kazunori mentioned as well.

Nope, as with the last patch, or the updates, they came unannounced, which I kind of liked, and the only thing we knew about was Kazunori mentioned December and January getting big updates, December did, so thats why with January we are actively waiting for that update.

There is supposed to be a Senna update in May though which Kazunori mentioned as well.

Actually in addition to Dec. he said that there would be a big update in Jan possibly 2 and 1 in Feb, March, April, May. There was also an indication that they were going to try to do a DLC track and at least one DLC car each month for perhaps 1 year

Me two man lol good god porsche unleashed was ahead of it's time i love that game remember this.

NFS Porsche in the PC, had simply the best "used car dealer" system I've seen! You could buy a broken used car, fix it, save it to sell in the future for a higher value if the car was rare, etc. The car got more valuable with aftermarket parts, etc. The damage would stay in it until you fix (we ALMOST got that this time :( ) Perfect.

I hope one day GT get it right just like that.

I used to buy up a bunch of those old 356 speedsters, repair them and sell them in the next stage to get money to buy a bunch of 550A Spiders Which I would hold onto until the modern era and sell them for a boat load of profit :)

Of course sometimes I would have to sell one off just to repair my wrecked car so I could have a chance in the next race, One little mistake could cost you a big wad of credits if you were driving an expensive car. Loved it :)

If it had better graphics and did not crash under XP I would probably still be playing it from time to time ;)

I used to buy up a bunch of those old 356 speedsters, repair them and sell them in the next stage to get money to buy a bunch of 550A Spiders Which I would hold onto until the modern era and sell them for a boat load of profit :)

Of course sometimes I would have to sell one off just to repair my wrecked car so I could have a chance in the next race, One little mistake could cost you a big wad of credits if you were driving an expensive car. Loved it :)

If it had better graphics and did not crash under XP I would probably still be playing it from time to time ;)

You can you just have to turn sun glare off in the options. Look it up.;)

Need for Speed had that level of immersion and realism? Dang what have I been missing. Don't worry though, by GT10 we have to manually press buttons and do oil changes by ourselves. Also, if you own an older model car and the car burns rich, you have to go to GT Auto and buy a new liter of oil every week. XD

Need for Speed had that level of immersion and realism? Dang what have I been missing. Don't worry though, by GT10 we have to manually press buttons and do oil changes by ourselves. Also, if you own an older model car and the car burns rich, you have to go to GT Auto and buy a new liter of oil every week. XD
The game isn't that good now but NFSHP back then had a great vibe.

You can you just have to turn sun glare off in the options. Look it up.;)
Really? Are you sure. What I have saw is that on PCs with Windows Me and later is that there are a few places where the game will just exit to the desktop. Mostly happens on Normandie (sp?) 1 spot early on the track and another after the little village, seems like if you hit a certain part of the track in either place it is crash city. Can still be played of course but is annoying as you can't get far in evolution mode without driving on that track.

I'll check into it though maybe someday I'll give it a try with my Fanatec wheel :)

Only Porsche Unleashed all the other NFS games were much more arcade like where as PU was more of a Porsche Sim. Never played it on a console, only PC version which I liked enough that I bought about 6 copies of the game so I could run it on several computers at once and have multiplayer LAN races.

For those that haven't played it you really did miss out on a good one though if you were to play it now it would not be 2 impressive due to the 15 year old graphics designed to run on an 8 meg GPU

But back on topic, I really hope we get the community features in the next update and that it comes very soon. I am also hoping to get some leaderboards beyond those for the seasonal time trials so we can compare our times with friends and the rest of the world

Last edited:
Well the first DLC is supposed to be released this month.
I hope they bring back Infineon from GT4.
So I guess the DLC is gonna come with the 1.03 update

I'm so annoyed by this.. I could of played it before school and I've just went back today and I have lots of work and studying to do. I was expecting it on January the 1st. And next time they should not add a date because the more people like me will complain. Thanks PD. :/

Back