Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

I know that, but a lot of the posts on previous pages are just stupid stuff like "why did they give me a free Toyota, B-Spec and course maker in next weeks patch pls". Obviously, I don't have a problem with people helping others to get it working.

Was doing the enduro's again with the Zonda Huayra like I have done previously. On Willow Springs, I timed the pits for the end of the 3rd lap switching from SS to SH , and the end of the 6th lap switching to SM.

As expected a drop in position occurs as it should pitting on the 3rd/4th lap (6th or 7th down to 13th or 14th place).

By the time the 4th or 5th lap is completed the position should be again be somewhere less than 5th place. Pitting on the 6th lap should put me 3rd or 2nd because at this point it really is only a tire change. From what I can tell the AI will take on a full tank of fuel.

Now, I have done this on fumes before so I know I need about 1 or 2 litres more to ensure my first place - wait, what the hell? The Bugatti, and the McClaren F1 have pulled out. The rest of the pack that should be pitting are still on the track.

I am now in 16th place.

What else has been changed?

The AI have figured out your template, and adapted their behaviour accordingly.

I had multiple crashes trying to download the update, tried the procedure described by PD to no avail, tried the game data delete as well.
I eventually deleted the install data, redownloaded all 15 plus gigabytes and did the update from 1.01 (which included the 1 plus gigabyte update for 1.01 & 1.02), it then updated to 1.03 on the second try. The first time at updating failed, no idea why.

I have the PS3 Slim and Digital Download.

Im disappointed in this update. BMW still isnt fully tuneable, and the FT-1 Ain't at all. disappointing. but very pleased on the BMW interior tho. I can suggest future updates.

I'm old enough to remember the days when games and software were released full of bugs that never would or could be fixed. Word processors that couldn't print or save, games that froze half way or wouldn't start, arcade machines which developed their own glitches. Hint: It was way before the "I want, no I shall have!" generation and their stealth social media skills came around...

The fact that developers release patches at all should be applauded. Consoles prior to the PS3 and XBOX 360 did not offer this feature at all. Game creators could have opted for perfection at first release, but that is impossible with todays games. My moto: Enjoy what works and hope for a future fix.

PS. If any bugs in any game software are threatening enough to ruin ones life, one need to quit gaming.

Yesyesyesyesyes!!!

We are a long way from perfection with GT6. Not only developers now can get away with releasing broken games, but they've started releasing incomplete games just because they can add the missing content later. I can see a studio not being able to make the deadline with a yearly release, but having 3 years to modify a game and still opting for features as DLC is pathetic.

We are a long way from perfection with GT6. Not only developers now can get away with releasing broken games, but they've started releasing incomplete games just because they can add the missing content later. I can see a studio not being able to make the deadline with a yearly release, but having 3 years to modify a game and still opting for features as DLC is pathetic.

Sometimes they're not allowed to release certain things. Like the GTR Proto Interior. Or the NSX Concept which showed up in 2012 and we just got it at the end of 2013.

The fact that developers release patches at all should be applauded. Consoles prior to the PS3 and XBOX 360 did not offer this feature at all. Game creators could have opted for perfection at first release, but that is impossible with todays games. My moto: Enjoy what works and hope for a future fix.
It isn't. And when a game was released with so many bugs back in the day, it got **** reviews and nobody bought them. The only reason we still buy games with bugs these days is because we're promised updates. They're not doing us a favor by updating. That's like buying a car with a broken gearbox, and thanking the dealer for a free repair.

I think building cars has become more and more complicated over the last 20 or even more years.
Replacing mechanical and / or electrical components by computers and raising the bar for performance / comfort did not lighten the process of building a car.

Yet nobody would buy a car with some obvious flaws or glitches, e.g. turn light defect, brakes locking etc.
You expect a product, which is usable and does not contain any problems.

On the other hand some think crearing a software product is so complex that they cannot be without bugs.
I for one think we as cutomers did take the wrong way back to the time when the first bugs in commercial software occured and nobody forced the software developers to remove them before adding new contetn, features or whatever.

Unfortunately i bought a product of which the manufacturer did not apply the most basic quality asuerements before releasing parts of the full advertised product, no, they even manage to introduce new bugs with every update.

Is anyone surprised that my confidence for a better GT 6 isn't as bonafide as it has been prior to my purchase of the game?

To finish my view i'd admit that i would loved to write that 1.03 fixed the sensitivity of the brakes, gave us a chance to save our settings (as back in GT 1) or anything else positive.

Am I the only one experiencing glitches with the sky and various parts of tracks? At Ascari on a gravel section there where black lines along the gravel at a certain section which weren't there before. Also at Goodwood I see what looks like a massive arch going over the sky. Anyone else experiencing this? If there is a fix can someone tell me? Thanks in advance.

Just a quick question . Was 1.03 even supposed to be one of the 3 major updates for Jan. I would think 99 Megs compared to the 275 plus updates in 5 wouldn't be a major update based on size alone.

Another minor update?
I was prompted to quit the game and update when I tried to acces notification section.
I already downloaded 1.03 yesterday. It still says 1.03 but something was downloaded.
Anyone else?

Another minor update?
I was prompted to quit the game and update when I tried to acces notification section.
I already downloaded 1.03 yesterday. It still says 1.03 but something was downloaded.
Anyone else?

It's now 1.03.6974785A (mini-update)

Another minor update?
Anyone else?
Mine also downloaded something really small and didn't say what for

People still buy Call of Duty and that has the same exact stupid issues it's had since 2007. People buy it like hot cakes.
What issues? The only bugged games were Treyarch's on the PS3 and again, we buy them knowing they'll patch what they can. Gameplay issues like unbalanced weapons and ****** maps =/= BUGS AND GLITCHES

In all seriousness, how are you supposed to drive an MR versus a FR? I assume the main issue is having all that extra weight in the middle/back, but how does that translate to driving differently from a FR? My messed up logic tells me it should have better traction with more weight on the "driving" tires and better balance overall, no?
Like when MR car is starting to slip rear/skid you would NOT rise gas pedal, instead you push gently more if high powered or low powered you almost slam gas down to avoid rear slip. So Totally opposite way to drive if comparing to FR car.

Just a quick question: Is the FT-1 paintable?
No, and there was glitch on paint choices, only Red paint is giving right colored side mirrors, others have "wrong" colors on it. Red body and red Mirrors, others have like Black body and yellow mirrors or something like that.. :)

Just a quick question . Was 1.03 even supposed to be one of the 3 major updates for Jan. I would think 99 Megs compared to the 275 plus updates in 5 wouldn't be a major update based on size alone.
3 updates? They mentioned 2, where did you hear 3?

No, and there was glitch on paint choices, only Red paint is giving right colored side mirrors, others have "wrong" colors on it. Red body and red Mirrors, others have like Black body and yellow mirrors or something like that.. :)
I doubt that's a glitch.

Back