Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

I think it was simply to fix the endurance race bug.

I havn't tested an endurance race tire bug yet. Are we in the clear?

I was planning on testing a tire change on the 24-minute Nurb race, but my McLaren was killing it in the dark and rain on RH tires. Finished with average of 8/10 wear left and 0.000000001 fuel :)

(There is no way slicks can keep traction like my car did in the rain)

I've remapped my directional buttons (for my Driving Force Pro) to introduce the in-race car controls menu (brake bias etc) and as I race with virtual dash I've also removed the wiper's on button (so no annoying replays with wipers going!).

Anyway, before this update, that stuffed the R1/L1 spin of the car in painting etc using the PS Controller and also camera controls. They were still working with the DF Pro.

Now fixed.

Don't know if this is new or not as I haven't upgraded too many cars yet, but I haven't noticed it being mentioned and a search for "tuning sheet" returned squat. Changing between tuning sheets appears not to have any effect on your installed engine tuning. I bought a few parts so I could clear the Delta seasonal and noticed when I switched back to sheet A - which had been fully stock - that the PP was raised. I found that all the other parts I had bought reset to the stock parts except I still had stage 1 engine tuning. I turned that off and sure enough when I switched back to sheet B it stayed removed, and putting it back on re-installed it on sheet A.
Yeah, I noticed that and also the weight reduction does the same. I just checked and they're still doing it.

Don't know if this is new or not as I haven't upgraded too many cars yet, but I haven't noticed it being mentioned and a search for "tuning sheet" returned squat. Changing between tuning sheets appears not to have any effect on your installed engine tuning. I bought a few parts so I could clear the Delta seasonal and noticed when I switched back to sheet A - which had been fully stock - that the PP was raised. I found that all the other parts I had bought reset to the stock parts except I still had stage 1 engine tuning. I turned that off and sure enough when I switched back to sheet B it stayed removed, and putting it back on re-installed it on sheet A.

If you look at those modifications on the tuning sheet, you'll notice that it says "Common". It probably refers to that modification being common for all sheets.

Rain mode? Car settings? What do you mean?

I second this...

What's different ? Serious question, as i am unable to get to my GT6 at this moment :guilty:

EDIT:

got to it, kicked little bro off the PS3 to check it out...

hmm...i'd say that yes, rain seemingly improved !
More like GT5 now, with droplets staying on the windscreen and moving depending on your speed... i.e. running up the screen when bombing off from a standing position etc... !
It's still not quite as "full-on" as GT5 rain, but to my eyes, it certainly looks improved.

Tested Nurburgring at 3pm, 75% rain
( 100% rain shows effect off even better, but the 75% rain looked nicer outside, as if it were affected by the wind and being blown around. 100% rain seemed more like a summer storm, falling directly downward. )

Can't see any new stuff in Car Settings, other than the aforementioned PP changing in real time now, but i might just be missing something.

Last edited:
I can confirm that the endurance bug is fixed as of now. Very happy as the ones in IA were the only ones I needed to 100% the game. It will still count down the positions as the further back guys pass the line after the limit (at which point I nearly gave my TV a DS3 implant), but as I crossed the line, all was correct.

As a bonus, here's a quick shot of pre-fix 15m Nurb when I tried waiting at the line after 1 lap:
NX1JfgF.jpg

I ran some races at Bathurst and it appears that the horrible flickering shadows, particularly on the first straight and lower hill, have been cleaned up.
Likewise the flickering shadows on the start/finish area of Brands Hatch seem to be improved too.

Did anybody notice any change in very low speed tire physics? It seems that in 1.03 it's easier to launch a car slowly on a slope.
Or at least, I'm doing some tests right now and it seems that tires are slipping less than before.

Did anybody notice any change in very low speed tire physics? It seems that in 1.03 it's easier to launch a car slowly on a slope.
Or at least, I'm doing some tests right now and it seems that tires are slipping less than before.

Noticed something like this when driving on Matterhorn... the car wheelspins less in the slopes...

Has anyone else had problems with this update? When I started the download/installation process my PS3 restart's itself, which seems to be what it needs to do as the screen reads "The System will quit the software and start installing". The problem is that after it does this it doesn't download or install anything, it simply restarts and then the Playstation reads this as an error and sends a report to Sony then it tells me that the "system was not turned off properly and system storage may be corrupted...if the file system is corrupted it may take 2 to 3 hours to complete". Well apparently it found some error because it's taken almost an hour for the system check whereas the first 2 times this screen popped up it would take 5 seconds to complete it's check and then let me continue to my home sreen. Really odd and I can't continue past the installation procedure or else I would just say no thanks and try to update from within the game. I hope nothing is really messed up after this system check completes itself... ugh PD.

Has anyone else had problems with this update? When I started the download/installation process my PS3 restart's itself, which seems to be what it needs to do as the screen reads "The System will quit the software and start installing". The problem is that after it does this it doesn't download or install anything, it simply restarts and then the Playstation reads this as an error and sends a report to Sony then it tells me that the "system was not turned off properly and system storage may be corrupted...if the file system is corrupted it may take 2 to 3 hours to complete". Well apparently it found some error because it's taken almost an hour for the system check whereas the first 2 times this screen popped up it would take 5 seconds to complete it's check and then let me continue to my home sreen. Really odd and I can't continue past the installation procedure or else I would just say no thanks and try to update from within the game. I hope nothing is really messed up after this system check completes itself... ugh PD.
Mine is doing the same thing. Just keeps bouncing me out. Nice update… :-/

Mine is doing the same thing. Just keeps bouncing me out. Nice update… :-/

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3266694.html

Does anyone know what the minor update after 1.03 did? (The one that comes up after the game starts loading, it takes just seconds to download and install)

Back