Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. Have I caused nine participants to miss out? :guilty:
I don't think so as it will be released based on the participant PSN-IDs of the competitors. I highly doubt it will stop people from getting it!

đź‘Ť :)

Photomode does have several improvements...

Borders now accurate (previously listed)
Flares seem to have changed (slightly softer transistion)
Square sun seems a little softer at the edges and certain exposures make the sun round (halo still square)
Exposure accurate in preview
Camera settings stay when going to new/different location/track
Low f/ bokeh looks MUCH better
Panning motion blur seems to have multiple frames now instead of just random dithering :odd:

Can someone else confirm my findings?

I like the fact that the settings stay the same. Does everything stay the same? So F-stop, Panning mode, aspect ratio etc?

Too bad that there is no Frame by Frame Playback Control. That would be awesome, and I don't see any technical problems with having that option.

Doing offline TTs at The 'Ring (basically all I do now), your ghost line is preserved but your previous lap times don't show up at all. Nice.

*edit - it's fine if you stay on track but as soon as you exit to make a setup change it's gone, even if you return to the track having made no changes. Perhaps I've got update-imaginary-changes-itis, not even sure now if it always did this.

Last edited:
Photomode does have several improvements...

Borders now accurate (previously listed)
Flares seem to have changed (slightly softer transistion)
Square sun seems a little softer at the edges and certain exposures make the sun round (halo still square)
Exposure accurate in preview
Camera settings stay when going to new/different location/track
Low f/ bokeh looks MUCH better
Panning motion blur seems to have multiple frames now instead of just random dithering :odd:

Can someone else confirm my findings?

The bokeh is broken, I think.. but I'm not sure if it's since 1.05 or before..
take a look at my pic, taken @1.05:

1966226_831316146885143_1340933419_o.jpg

take a look at the wrinkles all over the bokeh area, it supposed to be smooth as silk blur.
and it only affects the rendered image, strangely.. it looks smooth in the viewfinder.

Too bad that there is no Frame by Frame Playback Control. That would be awesome, and I don't see any technical problems with having that option.

It's more a matter of "just like in real life" you can't rewind. It's hard to make a good race photo in real time, but it's possbile :P

I like the fact that the settings stay the same. Does everything stay the same? So F-stop, Panning mode, aspect ratio etc?
This appears to be the case.

take a look at the wrinkles all over the bokeh area, it supposed to be smooth as silk blur. and it only affects the rendered image, strangely.. it looks smooth in the viewfinder.
I noticed some of this today as well when scrutinizing some of the pics I took last night. I'm not quite sure what to make of it right now :odd:

And this has been a problem pretty much, forever.

The bokeh is broken, I think.. but I'm not sure if it's since 1.05 or before..
take a look at my pic, taken @1.05:

1966226_831316146885143_1340933419_o.jpg

take a look at the wrinkles all over the bokeh area, it supposed to be smooth as silk blur.
and it only affects the rendered image, strangely.. it looks smooth in the viewfinder.

I can't see any wrinkles. If you ask me that looks pretty darn good for a photo from a video game on 7 year old hardware. đź‘Ť

I can't see any wrinkles. If you ask me that looks pretty darn good for a photo from a video game on 7 year old hardware. đź‘Ť

Click on the image and look at it in full resolution. The out-of-focus background has artifacts. I've seen this before 1.05 as well.

EDIT: Here is an example. Make sure you expand it to full size.

Gemasolar_27.jpg

Last edited:
It was like that before the patch. I think even from the very beginning.

So Arcade races never put mileage on the car and that hasn't changed if I read this correctly?

In the beginning, arcade races did put mileage on your cars. I opened a thread back in December about rapid rigidity deterioration and during that I tested what put mileage on cars and found that ARCADE time trial, RACES and free run put permanent mileage on cars as well as on-line. That has changed since then but I'm not sure if that was patch 1.05 or before.

In the beginning, arcade races did put mileage on your cars. I opened a thread back in December about rapid rigidity deterioration and during that I tested what put mileage on cars and found that ARCADE time trial, RACES and free run put permanent mileage on cars as well as on-line. That has changed since then but I'm not sure if that was patch 1.05 or before.

I did some grinding for the Autobramy trophy in Arcade time trial well before 1.05 (I think 1.03) and the millage wasn't permanent then already. So that must have changed at some point but definitely before 1.05.

I do a lot of arcade time trial. Glad to hear this!

edit:

Did 9 arcade TT laps on Bathurst with the M4 Frozen, zero miles logged.

Last edited:
Click on the image and look at it in full resolution. The out-of-focus background has artifacts. I've seen this before 1.05 as well.

View attachment 126453

I still say it looks pretty darn good for a photo from a video game on 7 year old hardware. That's certainly better than I could pull off with a paltry 206mb of RAM at my disposal. đź‘Ť Now if this was a photo from a game on PS4 or XBoneOne then I could see complaining about it.

I did some grinding for the Autobramy trophy in Arcade time trial well before 1.05 (I think 1.03) and the millage wasn't permanent then already. So that must have changed at some point but definitely before 1.05.

Maybe 1.02 then but it definately did back in December. I haven't tried it since then until 1.05 so I cannot clarify.

Well, i compared times from AI before and after the "update". I see nothing really different. It's not just a feeling ;)
You can do that by saving and watching the replay. Looking at the timesheets, you can see their (and yours) lap times and even sector times.
Writing about the 24' races would bring us too far OT I guess. So if you like, we could start a conversation on that.

Understood. I'll leave it at that and move on. Just could have been a fluke as it was only one race after v1.05. Thanks, have a good one.

P.S. Sorry to everyone for the off-topic posts.

View attachment 126453
Ya that's terrible.

I'm gonna go back to my other post and strike that one out as it seems to definitely NOT be fixed.

This may have already been pointed out (I'm almost sure it wasn't present before 1.05 so am adding it):

Now, in online lobbies, if tyre choice has been restricted, then once you go to the settings sheets, when choosing what tyre to put on the car, only those tyres which can be selected are selectable. Those tyres which are restricted are now greyed, non selectable, and feature a 'no-entry' type sign next to them.

Interesting... check to see if the M4 is back...

If you did the ninja update right after the main update you would have never seen it.
it was to be a gift to the first 1,000 for the Asian BMW Challenge. I'm however glad I got the chance to grab one!

I honestly don't know why they didn't use a region specific patch instead of global and then retracting it.

I don't think you realize how hard of a fix that will be. Bugs like that rely on so much code it's unfathomable to those of you who don't work in programming. I'm not sure it's realistic to expect that to be fixed before gt7.

Indeed I don't realize how hard it is to fix this kind of bug for PD. As they didn't fix it in 3 months now, I think you are probablly right.

This is very bad news for me and our GTF forum and also the PURE series on this forum as we mostly only organize endurance races (150-300km).

Quite hard to face the fact that you can't do a pit stop in a driving simulator game. This is a disaster for me personaly as I only play GT, don't have much time to play any other games and I don't enjoy time trialing alone on track.

As I now totaly lost hope in PD fixing this ''pit stop'' bug, my wheel is going back in the attic. I will still check the news section here on GTP in hope of good news but as you said doesn't look they will get around it in the near future. It's a shame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back