Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't notice this before but online in the room when you go to car settings, there's a small button (next to the setup A, B & C)where you can check the regulations of the room. Not sure if that was already mentioned, but found it very handy as opposed to repeatidly exiting out and going manually to the room specs 👍

Edit: Never mind, already covered.

This may have already been pointed out (I'm almost sure it wasn't present before 1.05 so am adding it):

Now, in online lobbies, if tyre choice has been restricted, then once you go to the settings sheets, when choosing what tyre to put on the car, only those tyres which can be selected are selectable. Those tyres which are restricted are now greyed, non selectable, and feature a 'no-entry' type sign next to them.

But it still doesn't tell you what kind of tires are being used until you get into the lobby which is absolutely ridiculous. If they did away with all the other search filters and only showed the name of the room and what kind of tires were being used it would be far superior to the current system (or at least let us search for "non racing tires"). 👎

I don't think you realize how hard of a fix that will be. Bugs like that rely on so much code it's unfathomable to those of you who don't work in programming. I'm not sure it's realistic to expect that to be fixed before gt7.

For something like tire wear I can't see it being much more than a simple calculation or array that simply needs to be reset based on the fact new tires are going on and a wear setting of 0 needs to be set.

That is NOT a difficult thing to do. If it's because of intertwined code then why not just "duct tape it" with an exit to the start race tire value?

Obviously I don't program in video games but this should still only be a rather simple logic function.

For something like tire wear I can't see it being much more than a simple calculation or array that simply needs to be reset based on the fact new tires are going on and a wear setting of 0 needs to be set.

That is NOT a difficult thing to do. If it's because of intertwined code then why not just "duct tape it" with an exit to the start race tire value?

Obviously I don't program in video games but this should still only be a rather simple logic function.

You are assuming the tire wear values are the problem in the first place. If it were really that simple, it would be a 5 minute fix.

The problem is, the bug could be the result of ANY object, script or other asset associated with the tires/pit stops. The amount of related code sections is probably gigantic. I guess you could compare it to knowing that there is a single letter spelled wrongly in a 200-page essay, without knowing where. And not knowing why it is wrong.

Tracking down bugs like this is the hardest part of a programmer's life by a VERY long shot.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but pre-warmed tires in online. Not the dark blue, and I had more grip right away vs before you had to heat them up driving.

This is on practice and race modes for sure on sports softs.

You are assuming the tire wear values are the problem in the first place. If it were really that simple, it would be a 5 minute fix.

The problem is, the bug could be the result of ANY object, script or other asset associated with the tires/pit stops. The amount of related code sections is probably gigantic. I guess you could compare it to knowing that there is a single letter spelled wrongly in a 200-page essay, without knowing where. And not knowing why it is wrong.

Tracking down bugs like this is the hardest part of a programmer's life by a VERY long shot.
You are correct I am making the presumption in that statement that it is the value being the problem. I understand there can be other issues creating the problem. Since I don't know their code it seemed like the most likely place to start.

Yes I understand the debugging problem and you probably mean more like 1 character in a 1,500 page essay lol. I've always affectionately termed it "the period effect" since it always seems to turn out to be the problem. No big misplaced statement or flawed logic just an errant character, misspelling, extra space... sounds like you code so you know exactly what I mean.

But it still doesn't tell you what kind of tires are being used until you get into the lobby which is absolutely ridiculous. If they did away with all the other search filters and only showed the name of the room and what kind of tires were being used it would be far superior to the current system (or at least let us search for "non racing tires"). 👎

Thanks, but this is a thread for undocumented changes really. Not other things we'd like to see in the game. Good point though :)

Go HERE to complain 👍

You are correct I am making the presumption in that statement that it is the value being the problem. I understand there can be other issues creating the problem. Since I don't know their code it seemed like the most likely place to start.

Yes I understand the debugging problem and you probably mean more like 1 character in a 1,500 page essay lol. I've always affectionately termed it "the period effect" since it always seems to turn out to be the problem. No big misplaced statement or flawed logic just an errant character, misspelling, extra space... sounds like you code so you know exactly what I mean.

You are right, that's often the case, and that's the most frustrating of all. Even worse, once you fix it, half the time you break something else unwittingly.

I'm not sure if this been mentioned and I don't know if it's since 1.05, every time you change the exhaust it used to screw up the gear ratios but it no longer seems to be the case. I can now set the gear ratio I want first and change to any type of muffler and ratios are unchanged. As a gear ratio guru this is the greatest news for me.

I'm not sure if this been mentioned and I don't know if it's since 1.05, every time you change the exhaust it used to screw up the gear ratios but it no longer seems to be the case. I can now set the gear ratio I want first and change to any type of muffler and ratios are unchanged. As a gear ratio guru this is the greatest news for me.
I've never had this happen to me.

Actually it does.
The system shows tyre restrictions.
When there's no info about the tyres it means there are no restrictions.

Otherwise tyre info will show up.
Ford example it says "sport soft or less"

I don't know if it's been mentioned but pre-warmed tires in online. Not the dark blue, and I had more grip right away vs before you had to heat them up driving.

This is on practice and race modes for sure on sports softs.
I'll throw these up now.

NOTE: I'm going to amend the OP to allow 1.05 discussion since we've exhausted just about all the changes. If you still have some undocumented changes feel free to post them, but consider the discussion open:cheers:

Another Ninja right now. It says it hotfixes a problem for some users with installing 1.05

Here's the full message for the 3rd Ninja update

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 6
If you turn driver names off, it turns them off for qualifying so you just see the lines when in solo qualification.

Can anyone confirm this gear ratio/exhaust bug existed generally before the 1.05 update?

Yes, It has always been that way. 👍

I too, would get annoyed when changing the exhaust buggered my nice gear ratio. The effect was only slight, but still a bugger none the less.

I have an addendum on the offroad being "fixed"...

While it is true that you can once again drive "at speed" on Willow infield it seems that all they really did is lighten up the reduction force. You can still get going a pretty good speed but there is still more resistance than in 1.03

Fair trade though. I'm happy with it 👍

Can anyone confirm this gear ratio/exhaust bug existed generally before the 1.05 update?

It was not a bug, changing exhaust changes the max RPMs a car can attain and where peak hp and torque are. The gear ratios adapted for this automatically to keep your top speed (remember that setting in gt5?) the same.

I can't confirm if they don't change anymore but if they don't, I consider it now 'broken'. :)

Actually it does.
The system shows tyre restrictions.
When there's no info about the tyres it means there are no restrictions.

Otherwise tyre info will show up.
Ford example it says "sport soft or less"

Must not have been working last night. I checked the restrictions on about 2 dozen rooms and none of them had any info about tires but when I stuck my head into two of them one was restricted to RH and one was restricted to SS. (We're not supposed to be talking about this here though. :nervous: )

It was not a bug, changing exhaust changes the max RPMs a car can attain and where peak hp and torque are. The gear ratios adapted for this automatically to keep your top speed (remember that setting in gt5?) the same.

I can't confirm if they don't change anymore but if they don't, I consider it now 'broken'. :)

Wow. Who'd a thought it! Makes sense now. This is another one of those days when I learn something cool and interesting on GTP. Thank you, @esoxhntr!

They still adapt but the numbers no longer change and they do not spread unevenly, the ratio just gets slightly longer for each step up in exhaust change.
You will notice the adapting/stretching if you move the final gear by 1 click.

I know for sure it existed during Toyota 86 GT TT event that some people couldn't get the ratios posted because they modified the power AFTER they set the ratios. You always had to set the power first then the transmission. That event was on early February I don't know what version it was.

Now that you can turn off names-above-the-cars in Replays of Online events, they stay turned off until you turn them back on. :bowdown:

They still adapt but the numbers no longer change and they do not spread unevenly, the ratio just gets slightly longer for each step up in exhaust change.
You will notice the adapting/stretching if you move the final gear by 1 click.

OMG it does... I just checked it. It still remains to fiddle with my ratios after all except this time they let me keep my gear "pattern" but changing exhausts magically makes all my gears taller/shorter without changing any values...:(

OMG it does... I just checked it. It still remains to fiddle with my ratios after all except this time they let me keep my gear "pattern" but changing exhausts magically makes all my gears taller/shorter without changing any values...:(

Is it a modification to the final drive ratio? That's what I would do.

It's not just the exhaust that does it. Major power modifications change the gear ratios, and this also happened on GT5. Back in GT5, painting the car and changing rims also changed ratios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back