Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has weather been changed? Last night running on silverstone there were a few spots of rain on and off, but never got over 0% and never hung around that long. Then all of a sudden a dowpour came, jumped straight to 10% and quickly rose to 20% before dropping back to 0%. About 10minutes later another downpour and this time it started from 1% and quickly rose over the course of half a lap to 100%. Devastating for my gt3 car on racing hards.

I can't decide whether it is a glitch or they are simulating sudden cloud bursts. It was amazing to be in the middle of, but if it's just going to be erratic constantly then it will become very annoying. Hadn't had this sort of weather before 1.05 but have only had limited weather running. I have a video I can upload later if anyone is interested.

I'd like to see this video.

So, if I buy the BMW M4 in Frozen Black before I update, will it delete the car from my garage when I do update? Please reply to this post or tag me.

So, if I buy the BMW M4 in Frozen Black before I update, will it delete the car from my garage when I do update? Please reply to this post or tag me.

Nope, feel free to buy as many as you like before you update! Who knows if it'll be available again.

Edit: Treed

No, you'll still have it and can drive it.

Nope, feel free to buy as many as you like before you update! Who knows if it'll be available again.

Edit: Treed

Ok! Awesome! Thanks guys!

*Goes to grind X2014 Standard Championship to get a million dollars to get numerous M4s, just in case PD implements trading, but doesn't bring back the Frozen Black M4*

But it still doesn't tell you what kind of tires are being used until you get into the lobby which is absolutely ridiculous. If they did away with all the other search filters and only showed the name of the room and what kind of tires were being used it would be far superior to the current system (or at least let us search for "non racing tires"). 👎
Actually this isn't true. What you see is the list of "restrictions" so if tires are "unrestricted" it won't say anything about tires so it means racing softs. If tires are restricted to anything less than racing softs, it shows up as a restriction.

I just noticed this when searching for a lobby...sorry if someone mentioned it already and I missed it.

theres only about two things that are really worth having in this list and really they weren't as high priority as fixing the glitches such as the tyre glitch. Oh and those STUPID lines when qualifying are so annoying, well I could deal with the lines if they took the names away it wouldn't be so distracting.

I used to have a problem when you first buy a car and modified its gear ratios for the first time and then exited the setting menu and then if you went back into the menu your gears would be messed up. Another problem was when ever I used to make changes in one particular setting sheet corresponding changes used to happen in the other two setting sheets also. But after 1.05 both of these problems have been fixed

This shouldn't have been changed.

It was major differentiator within online qualifications. Pity in my opinion.
differentiator of what? I think it's the reason why we weren't running as fast times online as in test drives. It's a welcomed change if so. Haven't tried online since so can't confirm...

Oh and those STUPID lines when qualifying are so annoying, well I could deal with the lines if they took the names away it wouldn't be so distracting.

I haven't tried this yet, but I think you can take the names away:

• When watching replays of online races, or when watching live online races names can be removed above cars online and off. If you turn off names for spectating, they will remain off while racing. This feature does not carry over from lobby to lobby, it must be reset for each lobby entered.

well considering they never told us about the car and i said one of the worst

They never told you about the car because you didn't enter the Asian GT6 Z4 competition, which it was supposed to be a prize for. That car was supposed to be made available to the first 1000 qualifiers for that event.

Hence why it was not publicised, almost like the 5G red bull in GT5. Just because it wasn't front page news on GTPlanet, doesn't mean you couldn't find it.

Yes, definitely. They don't work.
March the 12, 2014, GT6 1.05 :
Broken camber accuracy made me boycott playing that game. I won't come back until it's fixed.

Now all the rest of the post may sound harsh but it have to be done.

Camber seems now to be a cheap way to have "better driving physics" in GT7. At GT7 release, every physic fan (me the very first) will ask "does the camber is fixed ? Yup ? YAY BUY" (that said, same physic engine by the way).
IMO : PD can't be unaware of this. And if they don't see the problem then I'm sorry for them.

Maybe my last GT if nothing changes because the focus would not be on the driving anymore but on "pretty fantasy looking Vision car lolz", and to be said for posterity, feature that we don't even have 3 monthes after the release because cars are half-done in the better case (6 month / man a car + the car industry needs to specify it + QA so it seems to me we will have this in late 2014 at best).
So no, focus is money and greed, now, next is quite a proof : we have sub-optimal support because of sub-optimal sells. And we are not seen as gamers anymore, just "allready-bough" customers.

It's been 2 monthes allready since this problem is spotted. I know some smaller game studio (20 employees) really better at fixing fundamentals in their AAA sub-optimal sold game at the moment. And we talk to them.

Again that s-attitude coming from pre-2000 japan game industry for bugfixing communication... Not even a "sorry for the feb updating, we had troubles and we'll do better and preparing this and that". What to expect now ? Silence ?

Not sure to bear this communication style anymore. GT7, from a very strong dilemna, is because of today not a PS4 seller for me. Either Sony software QA or PD's fault, I don't know because I'm either deaf or they can't talk. We will be in late 2014-2015-2016+ and I won't be able to live with this again in the future.

Being programmer in bank UI irl (responsable of multi-GT6 budget bugs), the feature list concerning ui is a 2-3 day / man work.
Say one week.
Say two weeks / man for a really poor programmer / poor design and heavy Sony tests, or me, as a newbie dev in their team knowing nil of their framework. Putting that kind of feat list, with a 50-whatever team is highly unimpressive from here.

The multi-monitor is impressive but only please 0.01% of players (and I'm feeling generous there, and I'm almost about to tell we have this because the only gamers in the world to have this is PD itself), why putting so much time and money on this ?

Don't PD saw there is a balance problem ? Hello world ? Ping ? Doesn't respond...

And documentation of changes is... well, of course submitted to player will, because of that "You won't notice I had flaws" japaneese-ego-attitude. And still Japan ask themselves why there is a crysis in japaneese videogames. Don't look anywhere else than 2014.
2014 players don't ask games to be moddable because mainstream doesn't have a clue at programming, they just need to hear and talk to their highnesses. This is the exact renewal choosen by the western industry (kickstarter, steam greenligth, indie games, etc). Moddern players asks a democratic design today. We are the project owners because you sell to us.
The japan crysis in game industry comes only from project owning. US/EU know what is it and still enhance a working model ; at first glance, Japan and PD in particular doesn't have a clue.

This is gaijin thinking to a still-monarchic thinking Japan industry so it may be ugly to them but, hey, they sell to gaijins. So, if I stop turning around the problem...

Adapt or die.

Nobody will tell them, fans here including the very few who have PD access are shy ; and nobody will read that in PD because their fansupport is shy as a teenager. So they have choosen how they will die, plain and simple.

Stop doing spirals around a problem, straigth to the point, talk with project owners. Or die.
PD can add "Yeah but die like a man", I quite don't care because the result is the same for me : dying like a teenager @ communication stuff.

Last edited:
Actually this isn't true. What you see is the list of "restrictions" so if tires are "unrestricted" it won't say anything about tires so it means racing softs. If tires are restricted to anything less than racing softs, it shows up as a restriction.

I just noticed this when searching for a lobby...sorry if someone mentioned it already and I missed it.

Interesting. I checked another dozen or so rooms last night and not a one of them mentioned anything about tires in the restrictions. I didn't stick my head into any of them to see what they were actually using so maybe they were all unrestricted. This is a welcome change, I'm sure you agree with me that tire selection is probably the most important info about a room. 👍

Has weather been changed? Last night running on silverstone there were a few spots of rain on and off, but never got over 0% and never hung around that long. Then all of a sudden a dowpour came, jumped straight to 10% and quickly rose to 20% before dropping back to 0%. About 10minutes later another downpour and this time it started from 1% and quickly rose over the course of half a lap to 100%. Devastating for my gt3 car on racing hards.

I can't decide whether it is a glitch or they are simulating sudden cloud bursts. It was amazing to be in the middle of, but if it's just going to be erratic constantly then it will become very annoying. Hadn't had this sort of weather before 1.05 but have only had limited weather running. I have a video I can upload later if anyone is interested.

Yes, finally someone have noticed this!!
I 've made a post about that few pages back.
At least, i'm not seeing things that not exists... hope PD also notice this!!

Interesting. I checked another dozen or so rooms last night and not a one of them mentioned anything about tires in the restrictions. I didn't stick my head into any of them to see what they were actually using so maybe they were all unrestricted. This is a welcome change, I'm sure you agree with me that tire selection is probably the most important info about a room. 👍
Almost every room is on RS:mad::mad: I happened to be looking for something with Sports tires, which wasn't easy of course, maybe 3/200, and that's when I noticed it. I checked the RS rooms and nothing came up in restrictions. Makes it a quite useful change and the next step would be the ability to search for those same restrictions instead of having to randomly search all lobbies to find what you're looking for. I'm guessing there's an outside shot at GT7 having this type of search, more likely GT8/9 :lol::lol:

Almost every room is on RS:mad::mad: I happened to be looking for something with Sports tires, which wasn't easy of course, maybe 3/200, and that's when I noticed it. I checked the RS rooms and nothing came up in restrictions. Makes it a quite useful change and the next step would be the ability to search for those same restrictions instead of having to randomly search all lobbies to find what you're looking for. I'm guessing there's an outside shot at GT7 having this type of search, more likely GT8/9 :lol::lol:

Maybe....someday.....we'll have the technology to develop some sort of drop-down menu type thing that would allow us to search for only rooms with SS, or SH, or CS tires. That technology is at least 5 years down the road though, maybe on the PS5. :rolleyes:

Has anybody noticed any handling changes? I got in my RX7 gt300 today and it feels way looser than it did yesterday, but I was also running significantly faster lap times in it. Can anyone confirm I'm not crazy? You can confirm if I am crazy too. :confused:

I've convinced myself I'm not crazy, I think. The league I run this car in requires an 80kg ballast in it, and I've always had it all the way in the rear. I was messing around with the LSD, downforce, and ballast trying to figure out what was going on.
So, when I put the ballast in the center of the car it magically returned to the same handling I had before the patch. Others in the league have always kept theirs in the middle, and noticed no changes with the update.

Has anyone else noticed anything different with the ballast?

With one maintenance and a few updates, any changes brought about in the AI behaviour yet?

differentiator of what? I think it's the reason why we weren't running as fast times online as in test drives. It's a welcomed change if so. Haven't tried online since so can't confirm...

It's realism. Your tires are cold when you leave the pits in real life. It was a difference maker for online races for who could get the most out of cold tires after a pit stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back