Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can turn the Names off Online. While racing. You just need to select it off in Replay Mode. Hope this helps :).

You can turn the Names off Online. While racing. You just need to select it off in Replay Mode. Hope this helps :).

You can do it from inside the room, while in the "watch race" screen to to the settings on the right side of the little pop-up menu and you can disable them from there.

The new car search feature is wonderful.

Really? I thought it was cool too until I started playing with it.

No reset to default settings button. Increments of 10k credits only (would be better if cars value was more realistic). No difference between race cars/street cars. Must set criteria to result in less than 200 cars.

This is par for the course for PD. It's a nice feature that should have been there from launch, but it hasn't been thought out very well. 95 days after release and this is what PD has to offer?

It seems as though exposure value no longer stays between shots/locations in photomode after Ninja 2.

I think this looks absolutely awful, I hate it so much! I can see why this HUD looks good on cars with no interior view as it fills up the black void, but having it on cars with cockpits just obscures the dash & wheel. I loved driving the Caterham about when the HUD was the same as Premium cars, now I don't think I'll bother. Such a shame. If they gave us the option of choosing whatever style of HUD we wanted, they'd keep everyone happy.

Yea the track not the 1/4, 1/2 or top speed course. Figured people would know what I meant
Iknow that is what you meant but thats not what you said :D :lol:

VBR
I think this looks absolutely awful, I hate it so much! I can see why this HUD looks good on cars with no interior view as it fills up the black void, but having it on cars with cockpits just obscures the dash & wheel. I loved driving the Caterham about when the HUD was the same as Premium cars, now I don't think I'll bother. Such a shame. If they gave us the option of choosing whatever style of HUD we wanted, they'd keep everyone happy.
I also liked the caterham.... in GT5! PD took the character out of many cars in the game like Shelby series one supercharged that car was very hard to handle but once your setup was right she was insanely quick (PD added weight to the car now its just a fat slow pig) or the GTR GT500s they have no pull down the straight and they handle just as poorly (which wasn't all that bad but not as well as the other GT500s), At least these two cars had top speed in GT5 now they have nothing and are sad to drive.

Last edited:
Iknow that is what you meant but thats not what you said :D :lol:

I also liked the caterham.... in GT5! PD took the character out of many cars in the game like Shelby series one supercharged that car was very hard to handle but once your setup was right she was insanely quick (PD added weight to the car now its just a fat slow pig) or the GTR GT500s they have no pull down the straight and they handle just as poorly (which wasn't all that bad but not as well as the other GT500s), At least these two cars had top speed in GT5 now they have nothing and are sad to drive.

="Izzyracer97, post: 9447237, member: 213848"]Iknow that is what you meant but thats not what you said :D :lol:

I also liked the caterham.... in GT5! PD took the character out of many cars in the game like Shelby series one supercharged that car was very hard to handle but once your setup was right she was insanely quick (PD added weight to the car now its just a fat slow pig) or the GTR GT500s they have no pull down the straight and they handle just as poorly (which wasn't all that bad but not as well as the other GT500s), At least these two cars had top speed in GT5 now they have nothing and are sad to drive.[/quote]
Technically I said it right but you took it the other way. Not my fault. I mean really let's keep it on topic & discuss that instead of micromanaging my posts.... thanks

It seems that, if you miss a day's log in bonus, it doesn't start back to zero but one back from previous days bonus. Ie, 5 day bonus monday- no log in Tuesday - 4 days bonus wednesday.

Really? I didnt realise that...

There were some bugs with it when it was first introduced to GT6 where if you just logged on and off without saving the game it wouldn't register, which made it appear like you didn't get your bonus. But that's been fixed now. 👍

It seems that, if you miss a day's log in bonus, it doesn't start back to zero but one back from previous days bonus. Ie, 5 day bonus monday- no log in Tuesday - 4 days bonus wednesday.

This isn't new for GT6 v1.05, but I don't remember this being in GT5. From what I recall, if you skipped a day in GT5, the bonus will reset to 1.

After update my Fanatec clubsport pedals stopped working. Previously I would plug in the usb to ps3 after the RSv2 wheel is setup in PS3 mode and it would work. Now wheel works but not gas or brake.

Technically I said it right but you took it the other way. Not my fault. I mean really let's keep it on topic & discuss that instead of micromanaging my posts.... thanks
lighten up mate just having a bit of fun with words :lol:

Can someone please tell me how that BMW M4 with the special paint appeared, because I was in the dealership like an hour before the update happened.

After update my Fanatec clubsport pedals stopped working. Previously I would plug in the usb to ps3 after the RSv2 wheel is setup in PS3 mode and it would work. Now wheel works but not gas or brake.
Plug the pedals directly into the wheel via the PS/2 cable. USB only works on PC, not PS3.

This isn't new for GT6 v1.05, but I don't remember this being in GT5. From what I recall, if you skipped a day in GT5, the bonus will reset to 1.
It did that sometimes, but wasn't supposed to do so. It was just a bug.

what is this it goes to another post in this thread that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about?
When I click on that link it goes to post 407, which is my post, which says :
"If you turn driver names off, it turns them off for qualifying so you just see the lines when in solo qualification."

Which is exactly what you were wanting to do.

When I click on that link it goes to post 407, which is my post, which says :
"If you turn driver names off, it turns them off for qualifying so you just see the lines when in solo qualification."

Which is exactly what you were wanting to do.
well it didn't for me

Plug the pedals directly into the wheel via the PS/2 cable. USB only works on PC, not PS3.
I tried that doesn't work. If the usb doesn't supply power to them.

I got it working this way.
I restarted with everything off, brakes unplugged from wheel, started ps3 and gt6, turned wheel on and put it in ps3 mode. Plugged in pedals to wheel. Nothing. I plug the usb instead of into the ps3 like I usually do, plug it into my PC and it works now. though if I unplug it and plug it into ps3 it stops working and doesn't work again until a full system reset following this procedure.

I tried that doesn't work. If the usb doesn't supply power to them.

I got it working this way.
I restarted with everything off, brakes unplugged from wheel, started ps3 and gt6, turned wheel on and put it in ps3 mode. Plugged in pedals to wheel. Nothing. I plug the usb instead of into the ps3 like I usually do, plug it into my PC and it works now. though if I unplug it and plug it into ps3 it stops working and doesn't work again until a full system reset following this procedure.
PS3/GT6 doesn't support dual input devices. If you got it to work like that at all, it was a fluke.

Plug pedals into wheel for GT6.

I think the more I use this update, the more I like it. Key part is that it's been refined with a fair amount of little changes. I've actually been waiting for awhile to have the analog-style gauges for the interior of the standards (Or do we call them simple interiors?) So that's a big plus. For all you not liking it on premiums, remember, you can turn it off completely; that's what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back