Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply. It's really not worth playing with the current lobby payouts. The last I checked payouts were 10X more in GT5. It really has me bummed out.

I was too, at first. Then the low prize money made me realize that I wasn't racing online with friends for the reward, just the fun of it. In fact, the paltry rewards mean that it just doesn't matter which of us wins, so long as we have a great time racing.

So when did they add the "Real" Slipstream Strength setting to online lobbies? I just noticed it the other day.

I searched the OP for the word "real" but it wasn't there.

I just now Google Image searched and found a picture from February that had that "Real" setting.

I have been running "Weak" all this time, and thought it was way to strong.

So when did they add the "Real" Slipstream Strength setting to online lobbies? I just noticed it the other day.

I searched the OP for the word "real" but it wasn't there.

I just now Google Image searched and found a picture from February that had that "Real" setting.

I have been running "Weak" all this time, and thought it was way to strong.

Real is slightly stronger I find than Weak.

And I think it was in 1.01 that they added it, but I shall check the News Page.

EDIT: Couldn't find it anywhere in the later updates. So it must have been in 1.01.

Last edited:
Real is slightly stronger I find than Weak.

And I think it was in 1.01 that they added it, but I shall check the News Page.

EDIT: Couldn't find it anywhere in the later updates. So it must have been in 1.01.

??

Don't trust your own senses, they seem way off. Weak is like a form of boost, its massively stronger than the real setting.

When you stop your car on a slope your car naturally starts to roll down but now if you hold a handbrake button awhile then let it go it stays on (till you press it again) so you can now "park" your car on a slope. I don't know since when it lets you do that or did it always work like that?

When you stop your car on a slope your car naturally starts to roll down but now if you hold a handbrake button awhile then let it go it stays on (till you press it again) so you can now "park" your car on a slope. I don't know since when it lets you do that or did it always work like that?

Unless you park on grass/dirt/sand, then your car ever so slowly shimeys to one side and can end up in a different location. This is a new"feature" for GT6 (been like this since launch), didn't happen in GT5.

Ok thanks I must've been playing this long without knowing this feature. I always thought to stop the car moving I had to lean it against the wall.lol

Have you ever played gt5 ? Its been like that since gt5 my friend.

I played thousands of hours of GT5 and never had it happen, first time I noticed it was December 6th, 2013 on GT6. Maybe it did happen in GT5 and I was just lucky enough to never have it happen to me but I noticed it within an hour or two of playing GT6.

I played thousands of hours of GT5 and never had it happen, first time I noticed it was December 6th, 2013 on GT6. Maybe it did happen in GT5 and I was just lucky enough to never have it happen to me but I noticed it within an hour or two of playing GT6.
Well it happened. I can't prove it because I got rid of my copy but I can say I use to drift ALOT in lobbies and when I had to go do something I would always park my car somewhere on the track till I get back.

Well it happened. I can't prove it because I got rid of my copy but I can say I use to drift ALOT in lobbies and when I had to go do something I would always park my car somewhere on the track till I get back.

Same here, I didn't drift but raced online many times a week and when I'd park my car it always stayed right where I left it. In GT6 I often come back to find the car had wandered somewhere else. Maybe I just got lucky.

Same here, I didn't drift but raced online many times a week and when I'd park my car it always stayed right where I left it. In GT6 I often come back to find the car had wandered somewhere else. Maybe I just got lucky.
ahaha I know what you mean, even on tarmac you can still see the car slowly moving, its weird.

Have you ever played gt5 ? Its been like that since gt5 my friend.

Gotta disagree with you there. I rarely, if ever had that happen to me in GT5. Had it start happening to me in GT6 the first time I joined a lobby, and it has consistently persisted since then.

You can get a car to sit still with the brake on in GT6, but it usually takes a few tries, and there are some spots where it is impossible.

Gotta disagree with you there. I rarely, if ever had that happen to me in GT5. Had it start happening to me in GT6 the first time I joined a lobby, and it has consistently persisted since then.

You can get a car to sit still with the brake on in GT6, but it usually takes a few tries, and there are some spots where it is impossible.
A few tries ? Anywhere close to dirt or grass the car will move ever so slightly. Its not hard at all to park your car, just come to a complete stop, hold e-brake for a second or 2 and there you go.

Yes, happening since Prologue to be more exact, over GT5 and now in GT6.

^ This I have to believe then, never question the good doctor. 👍 Odd that I never had it happen during thousands of hours of GT5 (or not that I noticed) yet I noticed it the very first day I had GT6 and still notice it almost every time I park a car on track. If I'm on tarmac it generally stays put, if I'm on dirt/sand/grass it wanders all over the place.

Yes, happening since Prologue to be more exact, over GT5 and now in GT6.

How was it done? Seemed like unless I was against a solid structure, the car always crept forward.

Just noticed they have increased the amount of laps in the GT500 event in IA by 1 for each track, before it was exactly the same as the GT300 event.
What about the payouts?

Just noticed they have increased the amount of laps in the GT500 event in IA by 1 for each track, before it was exactly the same as the GT300 event.

I haven't done those events since v1.05 but the GT500 races were always (that I can remember) 1 lap more. Is this what you see on the race information screen....

GT300:
Deep Forest Raceway
Laps 4
Fuji Speedway F
Laps 4
Suzuka Circuit
Laps 4
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
Laps 4
Nurburgring GP/D
Laps 5

GT500:
Deep Forest Raceway
Laps 5
Fuji Speedway F
Laps 5
Suzuka Circuit
Laps 5
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
Laps 5
Nurburgring GP/D
Laps 6

... if this is what you see in your career, it's been like this since v1.01. The only changes I can remember to any of the Novice though Super events are the Freshman Cup in National B and Gornergrat League in National A (both added in v1.01).

When starting an online race, the chat says "___ has started Race" and the countdown says "To Start of Race: __."

Don't know if anyone has noticed but the Camaro Z28 coupe '97 and the Camaro SS '00 did not have Z28 and SS badging on the drivers side on both of these cars, 1.05 update now has the Z28 badging on the drivers side, but they did not update the SS for some reason, it's still missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back