Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

I dont know if it is just me, but I was playing last night and the tyre squeal seemed to be drastically reduced. It was still there, but not as 'In your ears' as it was.

Its probably wishful thinking though.

I dont know if it is just me, but I was playing last night and the tyre squeal seemed to be drastically reduced. It was still there, but not as 'In your ears' as it was.

Its probably wishful thinking though.
I thought that I only played the update for few minutes only thing I noticed. I bought a ae86 and ran it like that and tyres sounded quite real with default tyres the 86 got

Last edited:
I thought that I only played the update for few minutes only thing I noticed new I bought a ae86 and ran it like that and tyres sounded quite real .

Thats what I thought too. the tyres didnt seem to have that annoying, overbearing drone.

I have never noticed changes in physics when others have said they have changed, This time however when i took the 458 for a spin it fealt different imediately, Fealt like there was a change in grip, I took the F40 for a spin on the ring yesterday which is a combo i have often done and there is no doubt in my mind something has changed, The car was jumping all over the place in certain parts of the track where it had never done so before, Actually felt more exciting

Well this cant be just imagination if your have had the same feeling as me on the same track

I've been driving a lot of the Ferrari's lately and I too notice a definite difference in the MR's. They feel more lively and more planted at the same time. It's a good improvement. I don't notice much/any difference in the FR's (like the GTB4) though so I think something might have changed in the MR physics, or at least the change is more pronounced with them.

Last edited:
I've been driving a lot of the Ferrari's lately and I too notice a definite difference in the MR's. They feel more lively and more planted at the same time. It's a good improvement. I don't notice much/any difference in the FR's (like the GTB4) though so I think something might have changed in the MR physics, or at least the change is more pronounced with them.
The NSX I bought the other day and lightly tuned is now by far, my favorite car. I am still yet to try the Diablo again though:nervous:

I recommend testing out the X cars. I personally think they're quieter now.

I think they dropped the pitch of the sound. I drove the X junior and it sounded different not as high pitched as I remembered. I'll check the X standard because that thing was loud as hell before the update haven't used it since the update though.

On a whole I think that the low rpm of pretty much every car has been given a bit more oomph, I noticed the XJ220 sounded rather angry every upshift. Some sort of audio fix has been implemented wonder how far they are going to go with that.

I have never noticed changes in physics when others have said they have changed, This time however when i took the 458 for a spin it fealt different imediately, Fealt like there was a change in grip, I took the F40 for a spin on the ring yesterday which is a combo i have often done and there is no doubt in my mind something has changed, The car was jumping all over the place in certain parts of the track where it had never done so before, Actually felt more exciting

Well this cant be just imagination if your have had the same feeling as me on the same track

If I were to give you a copy of GT6 telling you it contains the next physics update I am quite sure you would play it and tell me how different it is even if it were identical. The same as if this update was silent and you didn't know about it I am sure you would put any differences in driving down to you being human and not a machine thus you drive a little differently each time.

You say it can't be imagination because two people came to the same conclusion? I can point you to scientific studies where almost all people who are told something is different report the fake difference. And remember the ring is a popular track, it would be strange if there were not coincidences like this.

Lately I've been playing GT6 for 3-4 hours every day, racing online at full pace, about half the time in MR cars. My lap times are identical to what they were and I don't need to drive the cars any differently. Nothing has changed.

Are the surround sound audio glitches fixed yet? (specifically Mt Panorama)

I've been running my PS3 with audio set to just stereo as a work around.

*edit* IMO the physics have not changed.

MGR
Are the surround sound audio glitches fixed yet? (specifically Mt Panorama)

I've been running my PS3 with audio set to just stereo as a work around.

*edit* IMO the physics have not changed.
Not for me, I've had sound issues at Mt. P three times this week. It's worse than before the update when it only happened intermittently.

Not for me, I've had sound issues at Mt. P three times this week. It's worse than before the update when it only happened intermittently.

OK thanks.

I'll update the GT6 website.

OgNkO6C.png

Last edited:
If I were to give you a copy of GT6 telling you it contains the next physics update I am quite sure you would play it and tell me how different it is even if it were identical. The same as if this update was silent and you didn't know about it I am sure you would put any differences in driving down to you being human and not a machine thus you drive a little differently each time.

You say it can't be imagination because two people came to the same conclusion? I can point you to scientific studies where almost all people who are told something is different report the fake difference. And remember the ring is a popular track, it would be strange if there were not coincidences like this.

Lately I've been playing GT6 for 3-4 hours every day, racing online at full pace, about half the time in MR cars. My lap times are identical to what they were and I don't need to drive the cars any differently. Nothing has changed.
let me guess you are not doing ur test o the ring
and if you did its not your home track so you wouldnt know the difference

I do the Red bull standards championship fairly frequently, and after the 1.06, I managed to do something I thought impossible - I flipped the car! I took a kerb in the usual way (second one at Trail Mountain), and found myself upside down. Never happened before.

Like some have reported, it feels like MR's have had some changes in their behaviour, most likely in the suspension.

let me guess you are not doing ur test o the ring
and if you did its not your home track so you wouldnt know the difference
If there are changes to the physics of a car, it would affect the lap times of it at all tracks. It doesn't matter whether or not he tests at the Green Hell. If the physics changed, then the car's behavior and lap times would have theoretically done so as well, even if he were to test at Autumn Ring (used as an example).

• In multi-monitor mode, no smoke (or skid marks) at all appears in the side monitors (though this was present in 1.05).

Sometimes the smoke does appears in the side monitors but the majority of the time it doesn't???

smokeinside_zps7cc73d78.gif

Btw I like the new smoke, it looks much more natural.

Last edited:
Sometimes the smoke does appears in the side monitors but the majority of the time it doesn't???

smokeinside_zps7cc73d78.gif

Btw I like the new smoke, it looks much more natural.

I saw smoke in my side monitor once last night but most of the time there is none. Weird. I'm guessing that footage was from an offline race? In online rooms the smoke/dirt/rain looks like garbage and it's quite jarring. 👎

I do the Red bull standards championship fairly frequently, and after the 1.06, I managed to do something I thought impossible - I flipped the car! I took a kerb in the usual way (second one at Trail Mountain), and found myself upside down. Never happened before.

Like some have reported, it feels like MR's have had some changes in their behaviour, most likely in the suspension.

I flipped the Red Bull jr in those events during 1.05 by clipping a curb.

about the
  • Fixed a bug in the practice "sector time" display. Sector time are no longer compared to previous race/practice - only after a new "Overall time" is displayed the sector times are compared, so the "99-99:99:99" no longer appears in practice.
online, it's only after the real first lap that the sector time is compared
and it's compared only with your own time not the best global
also you only see if your lap is invalid when crossing the finish line and you have to guess where you were too large out of the track ..
(if i remember correctly, the time color changed from white to red just when the lap gets invalid).
makes me feel that you can't even put an inch of wheel out of track or on a stripe border ...

i haven't tested it offline

Last edited:
about the
  • Fixed a bug in the practice "sector time" display. Sector time are no longer compared to previous race/practice - only after a new "Overall time" is displayed the sector times are compared, so the "99-99:99:99" no longer appears in practice.
online, it's only after the real first lap that the sector time is compared
and it's compared only with your own time not the best global
also you only see if your lap is invalid when crossing the finish line and you have to guess where you were too large out of the track ..
(if i remember correctly, the time color changed from white to red just when the lap gets invalid).
makes me feel that you can't even put an inch of wheel out of track or on a stripe border ...

i haven't tested it offline

In an online room a red time doesn't mean your lap was invalid it just means you were slower than the fastest driver. On your out lap you time displays as red because you started from the pits and thus it wasn't a valid complete lap. Also, the best overall time for the room is displayed in a little box in the lower right corner of the screen when you're on the track. Your time is compared to that time, not your personal best time.

If there are changes to the physics of a car, it would affect the lap times of it at all tracks. It doesn't matter whether or not he tests at the Green Hell. If the physics changed, then the car's behavior and lap times would have theoretically done so as well, even if he were to test at Autumn Ring (used as an example).
Something has changed and we dont know if its the physics or the track and not all tracks push cars the same way so no you wouldnt know if physics had changed by doing just one track or a bunch of tracks that are not the ring because it seems like most ringers are noticing some kind of change but you refuse to believe that

I believe that the physics for MR's have been revised/changed, and for the better. So in this I would support what people like @BrandonW77 have said. Equally I can understand that others are sceptical about this and believe otherwise!

It is obviously something very difficult to prove, and may not be a result of a direct change to the physics engine but something else that has caused this effect, e.g. tyre model!

Either way I'm in support of "Changed/improved handling of MR cars"

Like I said earlier in the thread, if they have changed the physics and not mentioned it they really are getting worse with changelogs. Having players debate and try to work out if the number 1 core feature of the game has changed really isn't good.

In an online room a red time doesn't mean your lap was invalid it just means you were slower than the fastest driver. On your out lap you time displays as red because you started from the pits and thus it wasn't a valid complete lap. Also, the best overall time for the room is displayed in a little box in the lower right corner of the screen when you're on the track. Your time is compared to that time, not your personal best time.

i known about the global record being the overall best of all drivers and i will do more test
but i'm nearly 100% sure that it's not against the global best time that the lap time difference refers to
yesterday on ascari the best time was 1'56" my best was 1'59" and when doing lap of 2'02 it shown a difference of +3sec

i also know that the first lap (let's call it a warm-up lap) is red because you start from pitlane
and also that now, the first real lap after "the warmup lap" stay white when crossing the finish line
it was (in 1.05) and is (in 1.06) also red because you are slower
what i was trying to say is that now, when it's invalid, it stays white with no time difference
and no guess of where it became invalid

wasn't the time becoming red as soon you gets off track thus making it invalid on version 1.05 ?

I'm in a private league preparing my R8 Team Phoenix to next round in Spa. So I've done a lot of runs in the same track with the same MR car before and after the update. I didn't notice any changes on the physics after the update. I don't use any assistance, like TC or ABS.

Like I said earlier in the thread, if they have changed the physics and not mentioned it they really are getting worse with changelogs. Having players debate and try to work out if the number 1 core feature of the game has changed really isn't good.

Yep, if PD would just put out a change log there wouldn't even be a debate. Did they change? Is it a placebo effect? It's not good to have people arguing about things like that. It's not like PD is the CIA and needs to keep things under wraps.

FWIW I drove the day before, and the day after the patch with the same 2 cars. Completely stock Mercedes 190 Evo on Comfort Medium tires and the Red Bull Junior with Sports Mediums, both with no aids (no abs either) and felt no changes in physics.

I'm in a private league preparing my R8 Team Phoenix to next round in Spa. So I've done a lot of runs in the same track with the same MR car before and after the update. I didn't notice any changes on the physics after the update. I don't use any assistance, like TC or ABS.

Maybe it's more related to the tyres then, I would presume you are using Racing slicks?

To which point those tyres may override any subtle physics changes!

Back