Update 1.07 Undocumented Changes Thread - Sneak Peak at GTA Final Round in OP!!!

Yes, Prototype is there.
Only 10 suit that criteria in my game.
But that includes the M4 (which did have 2 models at one stage before one was removed)
*or was that just a paint choice?*
Also includes the 'hidden' M3 GT which you pop in Arcade.

I should include I believe I have all possible cars available from Seasonals as well.

Yeah I don't really know what's going on. This is what I have.

BMW M4 (no frozen black in the dealerships anymore)
2 Minis (cooper and countryman)
2 M3 GTs (regular and GT2 base)
2 R8 LMS
SLS GT3
Z4 GT3
2 R18 TDI.

Like I said, probably just a bug. They probably added the BMW VGT to the dealerships by accident then removed it but it didn't bring the count back down.

Not that I can see. We did get the BMW though, might that be what you were hearing about?

Make sure you take off the credit limit. I made the same mistake. I don't have the fan car and after 1.07 I'm reading 1191.
Yeh I made sure to remove credit limit.

Just to clarify im still on 1.06, the 1183 reference is only because of the above quote.

Edit

Any proper testing gone on around camber yet?

961mb for a car and a few online tweaks?

I don't think so Kaz... what did you hide in this update? :crazy:

dat fat BluRay videostream. gobbles Megabytes / second.

can anyone confirm about T500RS alleged improved FFB feedback?

Update on the missing car!

After looking at the great car census put together by @ProjectWHaT I can report that there is an extra car (1190 vs. 1191) and that the car is German (131 vs. 132) and it's a model year between 2011 and 2014 (82 vs. 83)

hhmmm...I don't see any new cars by looking up German cars between 2011 and 2014? The R18 TDI prototype has been in the game correct? Yeah it has been...

Edit: I'm going to have to call this a bug for now. Or possibly someone jumping the gun before the car was actually released.
Since others are saying there were 1191 cars in the car search in 1.06, I'm guessing @ProjectWHaT missed the BMW M4 Coupe in his census. While it does not have a year as part of its description, it will come up when searching for German cars between 2011 and 2014, and it is (thus far) the only German car that came out after the launch that is in a dealership.

Okay, so the handling test ...

For this thing I had to go more technical since there is no verifiable way to say "thing handles better after or before" so basically what I did is take a car that I knew very well (GTR Black Edition 12') that had 4 wheel drive to see how the grip was affected across the board, this was done with Sport Soft tires in Bathurst, a technical track that pretty much takes all the grip nearly all the time and a track I know very well, if there is a time in which the grip was better I was going to notice, so:

The test involved the GTR doing 4 laps, a lap starting from the pits, another to see the breaking points, another to test the grip limit and another to run a hot lap. After the hot lap I was going to reverse into the pitlane (a process which took around 48 seconds) and start the other 4 laps as control laps to see the changes, so Lap 5 time is not valid as lap 1 time because they are essentially drive out laps and they do not mean significant lap data for the purpose, below are the lap times:

Lap 1: 2:58.631 (drive out lap)
Lap 2: 2:35.900 (breaking points lap)
Lap 3: 2.25.631 (grip assessment lap)
Lap 4: 2:19.062 (control hot lap)

Lap 5: 3:21.006 (pit in - drive out lap)
Lap 6: 2:30.231 (breaking points lap)
Lap 7: 2:28.631 (grip assessment lap)
Lap 8: 2:18.683 (control hot lap)

Personally it drove exactly the same, the car went straight off once I pushed it off a bit more than on the drive out lap, the car effectively crashed when I brake a little bit later than the braking control lap. And the hot lap was identical, only that in the second hot run I was more used to the track.

It drove exactly the same, I attested this on a race lobby I created, setting it with tire degradation in very fast and same as full consumption.

Is the same before and after the pitstop, so I'm not sure where the "handling is better" comes from as of now.

can anyone confirm about T500RS alleged improved FFB feedback?

Well, I've only given it a few laps but it seems to emphasize bumps more around the straight ahead zone on the wheel, so it feels a bit more lively when tanking a long in a straight line.. but really, I would swear by that.

If I have the power to give options, I would give tick boxes for all graphics features complete with level of effects and details PC style, then people will still complain of being too complicated and can't achieve what they wanted ... PD screwed no matter what :lol:

I was good with the old framerate, so I prefer the better smoke. :)

Bro you need to stop smoking so much.:cool:

I don't smoke a lot, even if I do, I am in cockpit view :lol:

Last edited:
does anyone know if the 3D mode has been improved? to me some assets (like ghosts and some parts of the cockpit) had transparent vertical lines through it, it looked awful

Like I said, probably just a bug. They probably added the BMW VGT to the dealerships by accident then removed it but it didn't bring the count back down.

Could this be why the dealership says "new" but no specific car or manufacturer can be attributed to it?

Not a good decision, especially for the cockpit players.

Alpha effects should be traded off for smooth framerate.

Playing GT5 the other day was like revelation, noticeably smoother than GT6.

Strangely I never noticed the frame rate issue with good smoke ... even when drifting - usually cockpit view, I tried making lots of smoke in chase cam when I read about it - donuts/burnouts and drifting, rarely any frame drop, and the drop very slight. Mainly use 720p though.

I don't really care about smoke being pixelated in gameplay, as long as the photomode still gives good smoke :)

Strangely I never noticed the frame rate issue with good smoke ... even when drifting - usually cockpit view, I tried making lots of smoke in chase cam when I read about it - donuts/burnouts and drifting, rarely any frame drop, and the drop very slight. Mainly use 720p though.

I don't really care about smoke being pixelated in gameplay, as long as the photomode still gives good smoke :)

720p shouldn't have framerate problems afaik

720p shouldn't have framerate problems afaik

Seem to give the most stable experience too, never have triple beep red light/crashes/freezes when driving, nor any audio cut out issue on certain track. I have lots of distance driving - might be close to 40000km now.

Top speed - nope (C7/378km/h....and McLaren F1....366km/h)

R18 lights - nope (very little illumination)

M5 hud display - nope (just random numbers)

Alpine - nope (no lights on dashboard)

Back