Update 1.10 (and 1.11) Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 579 comments
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but it seems that they changed back the standard cockpit HUD. I only used the FGT so far, but before 1.10 it had the speedometer and RPM gauge.

Vgt Nissan has a unique viewing galley ..... Its In a room where there are rgb light boxes and they are constantly changing colour... BMW has pitstop garage gallery too unsure if that new .... But the Nissan is definitely new

Anyone noticed this:
Engine brake reduction control on formula cars disabled
We have disabled the engine brake reduction control that was active on certain formula cars. (This is a feature that helps you avoid spinning out from excessive braking forces generated by the engine while the throttle is in the off position. This was accomplished by slightly opening the throttle while cornering even with no input to the accelerator.)

I wonder is there more such things that ''protect'' us from spinning out,and why we need such things when there is Active steering to prevent us from spinning out?
And why there is no Option to turn all undocumented help OFF?

It's the same as the Mitsubishi VGT's gallery view is it not?
Typical the only one I didn't look in :banghead: :lol:👍

Thing is you never have to go in the Vgt dealership when they do the gift tt at the same time as release .. Only went in there because of the changes in this update didn't notice anything else accept the Nissan Vgt room

Anyone noticed this:
Engine brake reduction control on formula cars disabled
We have disabled the engine brake reduction control that was active on certain formula cars. (This is a feature that helps you avoid spinning out from excessive braking forces generated by the engine while the throttle is in the off position. This was accomplished by slightly opening the throttle while cornering even with no input to the accelerator.)

I wonder is there more such things that ''protect'' us from spinning out,and why we need such things when there is Active steering to prevent us from spinning out?
And why there is no Option to turn all undocumented help OFF?

I've felt the same change in non-formula race cars also. Engine braking can be modified on cars in real life, so it's not necessarily wrong the way it was or the way it is now.

Not sure I've ever heard of an engine mapping that automatically adjusted based on the angle of the steering wheel, but I don't know that there isn't such a thing. I just know it made the formula cars in GT5 a bit less pleasant to drive when they patched it -- but a lot of people had problems coming to terms with how twitchy those cars could be at low speeds and so I guess I can understand why they added it(but why not as an option who knows?).

I have problems sometimes with my throttle sticking, not going all the way to zero when released or coming back on a tiny bit when I hit the brake(thanks Kaz for not letting me adjust the deadzone to cure this on the most sensitive throttle in any game series I've ever played)... so I tend to be very easily annoyed by the throttle not doing what I tell it to.

Still haven't had a chance to play and find out if this solves the issue of those cars flooring the throttle with no input from me when getting off into the grass. That drove me nuts.

I can confirm this is unfortunately true:

capture_20140725_120809-jpg.192195

I'm actually really glad you posted this!

One thing I have noticed besides the bar codes replacing the WEC spots. But the "electricity" in the livery actually loads in the race. Used to be only in the menu's, photomode, and gallery. Those spots were only blue while on track.

14557539949_e60c43696c_h.jpg

Down force settings don't impact performance points. Is this new? Also didn't read all the thread so don't know if it has already been posted.

What is he talking about, if you don't mind telling me? I saw nothing new in the VGT section.
I'd have to assume maybe some text, performance related stuff, things like that. Probably the Model itself is in the game but he can't access it.

Latest Posts

Back