Update 1.12/1.13 Undocumented Changes Thread

When going into the pits (I only tried that online) using normal cockpit-camera, sometimes the in-car camera changes to looking back during the entire time you're in the pitlane.
I've never experienced that before.
I noticed a similar thing when viewing a replay (Sierra), where I could change that view to reverse but not back. Ie. the release position of the button didn't work. All the other views continued to work as expected. But after restarting the game it was back to normal.

When going into the pits (I only tried that online) using normal cockpit-camera, sometimes the in-car camera changes to looking back during the entire time you're in the pitlane.
I've never experienced that before.
I really hope this is a sign dat they are working on the possibility to do that (again)... and the ability to see working pitcrews behind you. It was like that in the beginning but an earlier update finished it... sadly...

Last edited:
For instance: if you don't have the means (financial or others) to race irl.
But then you would like the sim to be as close to real as possible: no ghost cars, no arcade mode, but rather mechanical damage etc...

A sim is mean to produce realistic outputs to any given input. The inputs do not really matter. An invisible car is just an input. Its an 'what if there was an invisible, intangible car' and GT handles this realistically. Having such cars may not suit the fantasy you create to play in your mind, but it has nothing to do with the game being a sim or not.

There is change in physics.
Now it is harder to lock your rear wheels, and even if you lock your rear wheels cars remains under control.
Also now cars slide more in low speed.

A sim is mean to produce realistic outputs to any given input. The inputs do not really matter. An invisible car is just an input. Its an 'what if there was an invisible, intangible car' and GT handles this realistically. Having such cars may not suit the fantasy you create to play in your mind, but it has nothing to do with the game being a sim or not.
It may be me (or my "fantasy") but I really don't get what you want to make clear with this answer...

In other words, a certain data set is fed to the program code. But that data set can be quite unrealistic.

There is change in physics.
Now it is harder to lock your rear wheels, and even if you lock your rear wheels cars remains under control.
Also now cars slide more in low speed.
I sort of noticed it too.

Previously when i racing in the rain with AI, the AI usually hilariously slow when on the even the slightest corners. Now its slide prone and also the AI is much smarter resulting in the much competitive race.

Now this is sneaky. In-game you can alter the additional gauges colour menu whilst on track. Changes take effect immediately. (Quick Options > Customise Additional Meters)

VBR
Because this game is supposed to be a simulation, & in reality cars do not turn invisible & start driving through one another! I love watching replays of online races as much as I like participating in them, so seeing cars ghosting ruins the immersion for me.

👍
In reality, cars can't keep going after hitting a wall at 120mph, because vital parts come off the car. Cherry-picking arcade-like features because you like them and not others doesn't make sense for everyone.

I am super happy about the new ghosting feature because it enables us to do delay starts better. In my regular lobby sometimes we let a group of cars go ahead while the others wait for a minute and then catch up. This has become infinitely more easy because all the waiting drivers can ghost their cars now.

That being said, I would GLADLY trade that for a feature that allows bumper skirts, fenders and other body parts to fall off if you hit an obstacle. Just with damage on, of course. Much more "realistic" to pass a car that has battle scars in an endurance race.
What really does ruin the immersion for me is the flickering hillsides due to shadows, the inability to see brake lights at night further than 400 feet, the absence of wet-looking tarmac and the lack of tire marks on grass, gravel and dirt if you go off.

I digress.
My undocumented change is a new transition between screens. The tuning screen now "shrinks" into the background while fading into the main lobby screen much more noticeably than prior to 1.12. The whole thing looks a little more sleek and smooth now. I do wish they had taken the time to fix the white line on the right screen edge while improving transitions...

Last week I play GT6 1.00/1.02 version street cars mostly FFB was good I could feel weight distribution under braking,
when accelerating rear end kicking more when pushing car over the limit suspension react better(realistic)more wheel spin, after 1.12 update GT6 looks arcade to this versions:tdown:

Last edited:
Dont know if anybody's said this yet, but the Toyota TS030 now has a proper regenerative braking sound under deceleration w/brake pedal.

Post a video?
I will in a bit, but if anybody doesn't believe me then I encourage them to try the car in the game right now. There's a noticeable sort of "gear whine" like you hear in real life, and like you hear on the Nissan 2020 VGT. This was absent on the TS030 before, but it is now definitely there.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but my Pagani Huayra '13 is not making any sound at all after the update, it's really weird?

*Edit: It randomly started making sound after 5 minutes of racing.

Guys , Iam not saying it is new or anything , I am not playing GT6 a lot .. .but since which update does the AI cars illuminate ? I remember that during the night only Player`s car could illluminate and the AI cars didnt .Thanks

Where is the bugs and glitches thread? I can't seem to find anything in this site anymore :(

Found a couple interesting ones in quick match.

VBR
Because this game is supposed to be a simulation, & in reality cars do not turn invisible & start driving through one another! I love watching replays of online races as much as I like participating in them, so seeing cars ghosting ruins the immersion for me.

👍
Ok, well, in real life...your car doesn't stall for five seconds after putting two wheels over an inner kerb, either. That's why you race without the penalty system, which sucks just as bad as a crap driver on the track. You're going to get hit either way, if you ditch ghosting from penalties (which should be the case). The best way is to race with penalties off. Then the driver who got hit doesn't get a penalty either because of the screwed up system and you can watch the replay, award penalties for the next race or kick them from the room if it is just a nightly fun race and the shoddy player is gone. Simple. We never race with penalty systems and if you look at the online racing section, that is the overwhelming case. Penalties are unrealistic anyways, so why keep them? You're going on about a simulation, but there is no charlie whiting or the fia or anyone to give a somewhat realistic penalty to. And the day they introduced drive-thrus for online penalties is the day people stop playing with penalties set to on, so that isn't happening either.

Millions of people bought GT6. Most have played some game online at some point. A lot of people take things seriously online, but most don't. It is not worth it in GT6. Too many people who have played COD and such that approach it as just a video game will drive you crazy. PD is not and can't simply cater to us who want a full IRL experience.

I don't go into rooms with penalties, because the systems suck and people ghost pass on purpose. The people I normally race with are great drivers and understand racing, so we don't have to put the penalty system on. They're also honest dudes for what I take them as and we don't have issues with cutting corners to the point that it is decreasing lap times. The only track that comes into play is the Redbull Ring and we basically have a gentlemens agreement that swinging wide through 9 and 10 is ok, because it happens and we can't enforce it during nightly races. Same at silverstone. There are a few places that running wide would normally be a penalty and end up decreasing lap times, but it would be annoying and a pain to enforce for a fun race.

No penalties = no ghost and no ghost passes. Penalties = you're going to get hit anyways or get passed. One or the other.

This is not something I would focus on when it comes to realism in GT6 lolol

Has anyone else noticed that if you go on track with the Audi R8 5.2 V10, the chrome exhaust tips disappear, they are there in the dealer, and in Gallery View, but not on track.

FS7
Why can't PD use that system for painting cars? That would be a lot better & practical than the paint chip system.

Like I said in some other thread I think we can have both. It can be extremely hard to replicate certain factory colors and PD got them perfect. Coating types included. So I think we could have both systems... Still keep the factory paint chips but have a paint shop where we can make our own customized paint :)

FS7
Why can't PD use that system for painting cars? That would be a lot better & practical than the paint chip system.
It's probably because the paint colors are more than just hue/saturation/brightness. Different paints have different levels of shine, different specularity, and many have different colors depending on the angle. Of course, it should be possible for PD to include these and allow custom colors, as Forza at least takes it into consideration without giving you complete freedom. But it's not as simple as just letting people adjust some sliders.

I dont know if its already said but it seems that the time between the shifts is way slower than before with standard flywheels and its noticeable on the gas (throttle response) too .

In reality, cars can't keep going after hitting a wall at 120mph, because vital parts come off the car. Cherry-picking arcade-like features because you like them and not others doesn't make sense for everyone.

The only thing that doesn't make sense here is your reply! I really don't understand where you're coming from or what you're trying to say.

:lol:

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_3 by dskywalker01, on Flickr

FT-1 VGT Interior

sad-sloth-meme-generator-awww-come-on-maan-8e5fc3.png

The following was added to the OP. Anyone see any problems here?

- You can change the color of the new gauge in game on the Quick Menu (or Start Menu) and there's 4 new options just for the color customization (Actual Color, Hue, Saturation and Brightness)
- Replay camera now switches to in car and then back to the outside view when in "cinematic view"
- No Hybrids or electric cars can get gauges, and it seems most classic cars can't get gauges.
- The time rally sounds ("jump bonus", "overtake", "good job", "10, 9, 8..." etc.) are disabled if you go to the menu and select Race Info Display -> Off.
- The starting camera on tracks like Brands Hatch is now fixed. Previously its stuck on the first angle.
- The power/torque curve for the Nissan VGT has been fixed/modified...... previous to the update the torque would not reduce inline with the power when using the limiter.
- Fixed the issue where if you were leading a race online you'd only get a split time at the start finish line. You now get split times at all sectors.
- Before the update, in photomode you could take a pic of your current car and you could choose any second car you wanted. Now you can choose both cars from the photomode menu.
- SRT Viper bug where the bottom of the car would disappear has been fixed.
- It's now possible to add number plates on the Mercedes SLS GT3.

I do see one problem.

Where the list says
Replay camera now switches to in car and then back to the outside view when in "cinematic view"

It would be better to say something like

In replays on Sierra (and only on Sierra), the "Replay Camera" now switches briefly to "Cockpit View" and then back to the traditional trackside "Replay Camera" view.

Back