Update 1.14 has Arrived! M4, Revamped Suzuka, Community Features

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 655 comments
Impressions of the update...

The Sierra event. Oh my god. With the previous 3 events the density of AI cars get lesser as you move from Fiat to VW to GTO. But with this GT-R (which is exponentially faster than the GTO) the traffic density is equal to the Fiat event :scared: I passed 64 cars on my best run. Needless to say I had numerous restarts and expletives thrown around before finally getting a clean run. The rain doesn't help either. Oh, and someone mentioned modified AI cars and I can confirm this. I saw a Blue R34 GT-R with a rear wing and green rims :lol:👍

I ran the new GT-R Sierra TT last night a few times and I got gold with no combo multiplier. I hit a car on the very last turn. So, for future reference, if you are on a good pace, a good combo isn't 100% necessary.

Struck me right away how much I like the shadows on the old track from trees that are gone in the new as well as fencing shadows on the left (approaching hairpin as I recall.) but overall the 2014 looks great

I ran the new GT-R Sierra TT last night a few times and I got gold with no combo multiplier. I hit a car on the very last turn. So, for future reference, if you are on a good pace, a good combo isn't 100% necessary.
I took gold form first attempt. Crashed in AI cars several times. :P

I could've gotten gold on my first try, but I'm a perfectionist so I want everything to be perfect. Plus I got a couple of really fast drivers on my friends list, so I'd like to defend my #1 in all the challenges :lol:

Your final combo doesn't matter, just your maximum combo, the total number of cars passed, and the time remaining.

I ran a clean run passing 54 cars. A few spots I had to slow down while the Ai clogged the road, but it was fun. First Finish got 1,755,492 point

IMG_20141119_212355645_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20141119_212415206_HDR[1].jpg

Last edited:
Well this got me to play GT6 again for a while which was nice. Can't say as I'm terribly impressed with the new cockpit sounds however. I found that it is ok if you set the audio to large theater, although that makes impact noises incredibly loud. In small theater all of the non-engine sounds are louder than the engine and the horrible "reverb" sound -which may be supposed to be some awful approximation of road noise, I'm not sure- is obnoxiously loud and makes it sound as if I'm driving while wearing a metal garbage can on my head. Set to living room the other sounds get quieter but the engine noise is constantly clipping and cutting out not to mention the many other problems living room sound used to cause which I assume are still there.

But it seems to sound okay on large theater as long as I don't mind bumping into other cars or guardrails risking blowing my speakers. :)

And of course I had to confirm that they have broken the in-car engine audio of the HSV-010 which was one of my favorite cars to drive, I imagine they'll address that soon.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but did they move the finish line at Suzuka 2014 back? I ran the old course right before updating and the new one after updating and it seems like I'm barely even off the last turn now as the lap time registers. I don't recall noticing it being that far back in any of the races I've seen there in the last couple years, but I wasn't particularly looking for it.

RJS
Shouldn't the BMW M4 Frozen Black Metallic be available with this update, as well?

It should be since it seems to be okay to have that car now by PD. I not got any of those. I have the regular M4s & the M4 Performance Editions

It should be since it seems to be okay to have that car now by PD. I not got any of those. I have the regular M4s & the M4 Performance Editions

Its always been okay with PD to own onw. heck I bought my first one legit in the game.

Its the weirdest thing it cannot be bought anymore, and they even specifically say The Frozen Black Metallic edition gets the upgrade parts too so its not like they forgot about it.

Its always been okay with PD to own onw. heck I bought my first one legit in the game.

Its the weirdest thing it cannot be bought anymore, and they even specifically say The Frozen Black Metallic edition gets the upgrade parts too so its not like they forgot about it.

Yes I know it was available briefly Fairley.

Yeah I hope it comes back to the showroom. I would not mind getting the Frozen black ones so I'd then have all of them.

No.

They actually have started to give console bans
Spent all this time trying to workout how to add a new quote to an edited post. :irked:
And ultimately gave up. :lol:

Yep, gotcha on the new console ban.
But I think that French news item is an old one from when they banned PSN Id's earlier in the year.

Neither here nor there really, and as @TwinTurbo LM was saying, if nothing else it was weird to get a French notice.
But I've wandered off on a tangent here. :P

What I was actually going to post about was the new bollards at Suzuka.
Had a bit of fun testing out just how tough they are and how much it takes to pull them out of the ground.
Slow speed push and still couldn't budge them so I took a slightly longer run-up.
Knocked them over alright, but got caught up on one under the car.
I was hung-up on it and just sat there spinning the wheels not going anywhere. :lol:

Last night, the club I race with was hosting its weekly race night, our first event since 1.14 came out. There were 7 of us, all based in the UK.

Unfortunately, things didn't go to plan:
A shame about that - I suspected something might be up with the lobby when I first entered it. Aside from my preset lobby settings having been deleted, when I first went on the track I had no engine noises or HUD for half a lap. Then at the start of qualifying everyone spawned all over the place and after quali everything just froze on the results screen.

Restarted the game and tried setting up a new lobby with the aim of just going straight into the races but my lobby setting were gone (again) and it froze when it was loading up a new lobby.

No issues/lag that I spotted during the practice, but I had a black screen for ages at the start of quali but my wheel was giving resistance/feedback and when the screen came on I was out in the desert!

Just wondering, did anybody else have issues with online lobbies since the update, or issues with Willow Springs online?

We'll try to race again next week but the more info available on issues the better.

I did a race with 13 friends last night and no problems. In fact, we had no problem with the online mode in GT6.

With my club, we are at standard for quality room and micro very low.

Preset lobby settings having been delete but it's normal I suppose.

PD have several professional sound designers, in-house.
The issue is the effect isn't intended for samples. It's like reverbing a reverb: doesn't work.

Maybe I should have used the word "talented" in stead of "professional".

:sly:

Back