Update 1.15 (589MB)

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 326 comments
In assumption land.

Also known as "we think we know what is happening in PD even though we don't work there" land.

Do we know if PD is going to release more production cars? We... don't know. Do we know if PD has stopped considering to add these cars in lieu of the VGT project? We... don't know.

I think you know where I am going with this. We can't tell if the VGT project has surpassed other production cars being ingame because we simply do not know what is going inside of PD's HQ. It would be lovely if we did, but we don't. And that's is the key issue with the argument that VGT cars are being favored in lieu of the production cars.

In the original question I asked for reasons other than PD not making more cars lately besides Vision GT cars and the lack of interiors, what is with the hate. He just expanded on those exact same topics.

Perhaps, for many of us, those topics are tied together? Let me take a stab at it. I play racing "sims", primarily, to drive and race real cars on real tracks. That means street and race cars, not concepts. I want the real thing. Concept cars, whether fabricated in the real world or not, are inherently based on fantasy. It's part of their definition and being.

I want to drive cars that are really out there. I wouldn't have such a problem with VGT if PD would be adding real cars too (off the top of my head I can only remember the M4 and yet another GTR), so it's hard for me to separate the two issues because they really are combined. I want to see new cars and standards converted to premium, not fantasy cars that have very little meaning (to me) and simulate next to nothing. Arcade games are good enough for that.

I think so too. I have been noticing my cars are handling a lot better now when adding camber values. 👍

I haven't had a chance to test this out yet, but something told me to hold off on tuning anymore cars for my garage until after this update. Hope what you say here is true. 👍

Everyone enjoying the 2X? opinions?

It's a tricky car to get a hang of, but I'm seriously impresed by it. Yes, some parts of it are perhaps a bit too much "unicorn-ish", but overall it's a bold, uncompromising concept. It is one of my favorite VGT cars, alongside the Volkswagen (because it's one of the few VGT cars that actually feels complete) and the Aston Martin.

Some of us play this game because we fantasize about driving some of the world's amazing cars and this as close as we'll likely get. We like to see how it would feel on our favorite track or see it in our mirror as it chases us down. Not many people have had a fantasy about driving a laser powered fantasy concept car around The Ring.

Also, they represent a bit of a sour point because when we were promised a quantum leap in DLC we expected at least some real cars to be included. After all, that is the very soul of the game. We didn't expect that 90% of that DLC would be fantasy cars nobody has ever heard of or fantasized about driving. So every time we get a new one it's just a reminder of how we were mislead.

On top of that, most don't have an interior which is inexcusable and insulting, some can't be tuned or modified, a lot of them don't drive very well (IMO), and there aren't even any career races being added which feature the cars.

Not much to like really, but plenty to be bothered by.

Whilst I don't agree with your opinion of VGT's, I share your frustration to a point, there are lots of production cars I would like to see myself. Probably not the same ones as you though, I don't care much for the 'exotics' of the world. But consider it like this... concept cars are as much a part of car culture as historic Le Mans cars, kei cars, Hyper cars, Hot hatches, open wheelers, GT race cars, 80's Japanese saloon cars, rally cars, SUV's, Pony cars, Trucks or whatever else people might find interesting about cars, so whilst the ratio of one type to another is skewed towards concepts at this stage, it doesn't make them any less valid than if PD introduced a 2014 hyper car pack.

Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again. PD are saving as much as they can for shock and awe in GT7... by giving us regular VGT's that are at least partially masking that issue.

I love it, but it hates me.
why is that?
It's a tricky car to get a hang of, but I'm seriously impresed by it. Yes, some parts of it are perhaps a bit too much "unicorn-ish", but overall it's a bold, uncompromising concept. It is one of my favorite VGT cars, alongside the Volkswagen (because it's one of the few VGT cars that actually feels complete) and the Aston Martin.
Yes, I agree the 2X is definitely my new favorite VGT

In WhistleSnap's defence, he never said at any point, "I've looked into the code and I can see there's evidence of spec II and here it is", like he does with other stuff he finds or at least he alludes to having done so. When I first read his Spec II prediction, it was pretty clear it was just a shot in the dark and not an actual prediction based on something he saw in the code. As with most things sometimes the context is obvious and sometimes it's not.

I'm just going by the evidence provided, nothing against him from me either. Like I said, I never recalled him saying anything of the sort either, but evidence was provided. And its just me, but I don't believe, or get hyped, about what anyone says as far as what's coming in the game. Hell, I don't even believe Kaz anymore. :lol: I'm of the mindset, I'll believe it when I see it. :) Sorry for the confusion Johnny. 👍 :cheers:

the chapperal is nice I love it but it was tricky at first but I got the hang of it made a close gold, and the infiniti concept is nice aswell and im happy I got a 20m credit car for free lol

the chapperal is nice I love it but it was tricky at first but I got the hang of it made a close gold, and the infiniti concept is nice aswell and im happy I got a 20m credit car for free lol
I already had an XJ13, so I figured I could get a few extra 6 million off of that seasonal.

ohh yeah, ive bought all the expensive cars to prevent wishing I had them lol

Where was it said that there will be more production cars that you want coming out?

It strongly implies it on the gran-turismo.com website.

"New Cars on Sale" now in-game
Additional vehicles distributed in a new way
After the release of Gran Turismo 5, over 30 cars were released as both free-of-charge or paid DLC. From the Corvette C7 Test Prototype, to the Scion FR-S, to the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 and to the Red Bull X2011 Prototype, the hottest new cars were added to the line-up and made available to everyone via download from the PlayStation®Store.
Gran Turismo 6 will contain approximately 1200 cars at time of release, and more and more cars are planned to be added thereafter. Unlike the previous title, the added cars will appear directly in the dealerships after an update, and will be available to purchase in game. You will be able to enjoy driving the newest cars right after they are released in the market.

So far, that has meant the M4 and the GTR NISMO.

Just finished the Infiniti VGT seasonal event. Took me 10 tries to get bronze lol. I don't know why the Chapparal 2X seasonal event was so easy for me. Got silver on my first try. So then why was it so hard for me to get bronze on the Infiniti VGT? Blegh. :lol:

They're both nice cars. Also did some new seasonal events besides the VGT ones and made a nice amount of money.

Just finished the Infiniti VGT seasonal event. Took me 10 tries to get bronze lol. I don't know why the Chapparal 2X seasonal event was so easy for me. Got silver on my first try. So then why was it so hard for me to get bronze on the Infiniti VGT? Blegh. :lol:

They're both nice cars. Also did some new seasonal events besides the VGT ones and made a nice amount of money.
I got gold on my 3rd try in the infiniti vgt it handles so easy and its easy to control that understeer.

I already had an XJ13, so I figured I could get a few extra 6 million off of that seasonal.

I kept the one I won & I now have four XJ13s. Three I bought last month, Two are Chromelines & one of the Chromelines I painted Blu Tivoli & the other 2 are the regular XJ13s.

Back