Update 1.15 (589MB)

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 326 comments
Well, at least it wasn't just a bug fix. But I've noticed that the more and more updates go by, the more slim of a chance we actually get the course maker. In fact, we'll probably never even get it, so don't look surprised when GT7 comes out and the course maker isn't there. Since we were always aware of Polyphony weird patterns.

My go, I don't even want to imagine the public response if it was only a bug fix. This entire website would explode in a million pieces with all the angry fumes...

The bigger question is "When will see the missing features?" We will see the course maker and the B-spec, the key question is when. Can PD really implement these so often mentioned features in a game that is already pushing the PS3 far more than it should? Can they really get these features out for GT6, or have we all been fooled and will only see them in GT7? PD's weird patterns are to blame in this whole situation; if they just came out and said what is actually going with this, people would be less angry (or at least would know exactly the reasons as to why we don't see the missing features).

Anyone notice the lightning strikes on Sierra in the INFINITI CONCEPT trailer? Chilling.

Weather update incoming for Spec 2.0?

ivgtnap54.gif

What is all this talk about a 2.0 version? We still need a 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, etc.

GT5 jumped from 1.13 to 2.00, around this same time in the game's progress, just sayin'.

Most software/games do the same thing, it's not an unwritten rule that you have to do each step chronologically.

Generally speaking, a version update that changes the digits after the dot, contains minor changes. If the number before the dot changes, expect a major change.

Oh and it seems everybody forgot that the so-called "insider" @Whistle Snap ran his mouth a few months ago about a 2.00 update coming in December, I guess he was just getting people's hopes up for a laugh.

So yeah, the talk of 2.00 was not baseless optimism.

They aren't fake. The companies actually build them. They are not only virtual representations of people's imaginations. They are actual cars made by actual people, designed by actual automotive design studios built with actual hands. You can physically touch them if you were to walk up to them. Therefore, they are not fake. I really love these cars (for the most part, but they are not without their faults...but the cars are themselves are not the issue, it's what PD has done with them). I'm not a fan of how they have been represented in the game by being incomplete, but saying they are fake is just not true.

IMO it's just PD taking the easy way out. Rather than take the time to model real cars with real physics (you know, the stuff people actually want) they're just making these fantasy cars where other people design them and then they just slap whatever physics/sounds on that they want. Lazy. That 2X is just ridiculous, it belongs in a game like F-Zero and not in something billed as the "real driving simulator".

I've not downloaded the update yet but reading through the comments it seems as if PD have all but forgotten about GT6 now. They're updating with VGT cars, fixing bugs and not much else really.

The pictures of the Infinity at Sierra look like a PS4 rendering, as does the weather effects and the graphical stature of the car itself. It seems to me that they have shifted focus to the PS4 and GT7. I can't blame them really. Forza now have 2 games out on the Xbox, pCARS is set to release in March and there are other racing games (Driveclub, The Crew) whom are taking PD's spotlight away from them. Don't get me wrong, I will always support and buy GT as I personally think it's the best racing game you'll get on a console but it seems to me that PD have had to abandon GT6 and pull their fingers out of their arses to catch up to the crowd who have already released something (or going to be) on the next-gen.

This all worries me though as we'll probably get a rushed mess of a game in GT7, much like GT6 was when that was released. Lets hope these "Major Updates To GT6" will be a new or larger development team who have the right priorities...

I think the "focus" has been on GT7 for a few months now, if not most of this year.

It might also explain why we haven't been getting new cars, I suspect they're saving a lot of them for GT7.

Oh and don't talk to me about VGT's, I mean real production cars.

We really don't have many '13 or '14 cars in the game at all.

But of course what frustrates me (and many others) most, is the lack of promised features teased to us long before the games release, as somebody else said, people made pre-orders based on those features.

I'd prefer if they took the time fixing up the standard cars and the sound, instead of doing these stupid VGT cars. Most people use the VGT cars like once or twice for the seasonal events and to take a couple photos, while other cars like the supra rz are used constantly by the drag and drifting community and still have have a ****** standard model. I'm not asking for them to fix every single model, just the important ones like the supra, the m3 e46, the rs4, the group b rally cars, the gnx, the e-type, etc.

GT5 jumped from 1.13 to 2.00, around this same time in the game's progress, just sayin'.

Most software/games do the same thing, it's not an unwritten rule that you have to do each step chronologically.

Generally speaking, a version update that changes the digits after the dot, contains minor changes. If the number before the dot changes, expect a major change.

Oh and it seems everybody forgot that the so-called "insider" @Whistle Snap ran his mouth a few months ago about a 2.00 update coming in December, I guess he was just getting people's hopes up for a laugh.

So yeah, the talk of 2.00 was not baseless optimism.

Please, show me where this was the case.

Still hoping for course editor. Our group that races this game weekly used to love racing the randomly generated course in GT5...

My go, I don't even want to imagine the public response if it was only a bug fix. This entire website would explode in a million pieces with all the angry fumes...

The bigger question is "When will see the missing features?" We will see the course maker and the B-spec, the key question is when. Can PD really implement these so often mentioned features in a game that is already pushing the PS3 far more than it should? Can they really get these features out for GT6, or have we all been fooled and will only see them in GT7? PD's weird patterns are to blame in this whole situation; if they just came out and said what is actually going with this, people would be less angry (or at least would know exactly the reasons as to why we don't see the missing features).
Before I say this, take into account that I'm just guessing.

So, because of the long intervals of updates in between, and the fact that Gran Turismo 7 hasn't been even teased yet, I presume the Course Maker is not really a missing feature. Instead, I think it was a slick marketing trick so people unaware of PD's antics would purchase the game believing they can make their own tracks very soon.

However, even if this is true I can't really blame Polyphony Digital. Modnation Racers for example, with it's cartoonish graphics was pushing the PS3 to the limit. I can't even imagine how Polyphony could achieve half of the course creater tools of Modnation with it's complex HDR lighting system and so on.

And yet, another thing that might be pressuring Polyphony is Sony Computer Entertainment as well. I bet the guys at the office know that Driveclub isn't enough. So it would not actually be a bad idea if PD focused more on GT7 than GT6.

I quite enjoy driving the new Infiniti. The sound of it appears to be completely new.

I agree, the Infiniti seems to use a different sound sample from the Subaru, which as we all know has a different sample from pretty much everything else. And I also didn't notice the thunder effects on its trailer, that looks really nice as a weather effect. One has to wonder if that is a glimpse of GT's future graphics-wise...

Before I say this, take into account that I'm just guessing.

So, because of the long intervals of updates in between, and the fact that Gran Turismo 7 hasn't been even teased yet, I presume the Course Maker is not really a missing feature. Instead, I think it was a slick marketing trick so people unaware of PD's antics would purchase the game believing they can make their own tracks very soon.

However, even if this is true I can't really blame Polyphony Digital. Modnation Racers for example, with it's cartoonish graphics was pushing the PS3 to the limit. I can't even imagine how Polyphony could achieve half of the course creater tools of Modnation with it's complex HDR lighting system and so on.

And yet, another thing that might be pressuring Polyphony is Sony Computer Entertainment as well. I bet the guys at the office know that Driveclub isn't enough. So it would not actually be a bad idea if PD focused more on GT7 than GT6.

In a way, what you said fit the list of possible reasons as to why both the B-Spec and the course creator have been delayed so far. Even if PD was merely using these names as marketing tools, if they released these features for GT6, could they do it without dumbing them down? We have already seen some of the issues brought by GT6's engine. The strain these features would put on it could only break the game further.

And the Sony point is also plausible; they betted on Driveclub delivering as a PS4 exclusive. Unfortunately, as you may have seen, that did not turn out well. And without any other exclusive, in-house designed car game, Sony desperately needs a PS4 sucess to avoid even more losses to F-you know the rest. Therefore, only PD can help Sony with this. GT6 could take a hit as a result of all this. Of course, we can't really know for sure, but it is a very possible outcome if Driveclub failed that badly.

Please, show me where this was the case.

You really made me dig for this?

Excluding any Senna content we may get in May, it's clear we're going to get drip fed these 🤬 VGT cars and Polyphony Course Maker tracks until Spec II - which we'll get in December for the one-year anniversary.
Original: http://67.227.255.239/forum/showpost.php?p=103518242&postcount=6450 (Neogaf)

& A couple months later from the same guy...

Gran Turismo 6: Spec II - 19.99, December 6th, PS3 (digital download, update 2.00) / PS4 (digital download)

Book it!

Original: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128135078&postcount=7504

----

Did you doubt me or..?

He's been right about many things in the past, so it didn't seem foolish to trust him at the time.

The Chaparral looks really cool, but i don't think i will drive it ever again. Only if i want to commit suicide or take some cool photos while doing so.

The Infiniti VGT is great to drive, very fun and balanced with little oversteer, that makes it perfect. The sound is great.

Time to make some money!

Back