Update 1.15 (589MB)

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 326 comments
Well I think that's clear now...

He asked for proof of what he said, so I gave it.

Yes, you did and I thank you. đź‘Ť Its not that I doubted you as much as I didn't recall seeing him say as much. I am also capable of digging through files, and much more :sly:, so I usually keep an eye on what he says to see if it corresponds with what I find. The only difference between him and I is that I don't make public what I find to avoid situations like this. Not the case here, but I can do without posting something that I find and then having someone on down the road say I said those things are coming in the game. That's the reason I don't post what I find, to avoid those types of situations. Also, as said already, the aforementioned member is not any kind of insider as far as I know, so if he indicates something is coming, it should just be taken with a grain of salt really, an unfounded rumor if you will. Again, thanks for the proof, appreciate it. :cheers:

Maybe it's just me, but driving the Chapparal 2x sounds so much like this:
cardspokes.jpg

A question to all the haters of the Vision GT cars: What exactly do you hate about them? I know most of you hate the fact that PD is not coming out with many new cars other than these lately, but put that aside for a moment. Are these really that bad? Would you rather see nothing? If that's the case, then you guys are just making no sense at all...or you are just lying to complain about something (almost a clear definition of an Internet troll).

I have found only one fault with the Vision GT cars...most of them don't have interiors; but other than that, I really like them; and I would rather see these than nothing. That being said, I'm not one to let PD off the hook. They do need to up their game in order to make it into the next generation.

A question to all the haters of the Vision GT cars: What exactly do you hate about them? I know most of you hate the fact that PD is not coming out with many new cars other than these lately, but put that aside for a moment. Are these really that bad? Would you rather see nothing? If that's the case, then you guys are just making no sense at all...or you are just lying to complain about something (almost a clear definition of an Internet troll).

I have found only one fault with the Vision GT cars...most of them don't have interiors; but other than that, I really like them; and I would rather see these than nothing. That being said, I'm not one to let PD off the hook. They do need to up their game in order to make it into the next generation.

And people should realize how big the Vision concept is. Real car manufacturer built an entire new concept car just for a video game... (some are amazing)

The Vision GT idea is awesome, but the main complain about it is that the cars added to the game are mostly the Vision GT. If it was like 70% real cars/30% VGT added, there would be no complains (except about the interiors/sound).

The Vision GT idea is awesome, but the main complain about it is that the cars added to the game are mostly the Vision GT. If it was like 70% real cars/30% VGT added, there would be no complains (except about the interiors/sound).
Last 3 VGT cars have better sound. Well the Chapparral is kind of an oddball because it doesn't use a conventional engine of any sort but the Subaru and Infniti sound great.

Just wondering if you can paint the 2x? Gold body, gold laser engine and a ring of seizures at the back would a be a strange thing to see fly past

im finally home and im kinda excited to update the game only for the seasonals really but it'll be nice getting to earn the cars for free.

exactly

I complain about update not VGT car. I like BMW, Toyota and so on... Simple this update is just about two car's nothing more... And one real car in every update is not so hard for PD to deliver...

Yes, you did and I thank you. đź‘Ť Its not that I doubted you as much as I didn't recall seeing him say as much. I am also capable of digging through files, and much more :sly:, so I usually keep an eye on what he says to see if it corresponds with what I find. The only difference between him and I is that I don't make public what I find to avoid situations like this. Not the case here, but I can do without posting something that I find and then having someone on down the road say I said those things are coming in the game. That's the reason I don't post what I find, to avoid those types of situations. Also, as said already, the aforementioned member is not any kind of insider as far as I know, so if he indicates something is coming, it should just be taken with a grain of salt really, an unfounded rumor if you will. Again, thanks for the proof, appreciate it. :cheers:
In WhistleSnap's defence, he never said at any point, "I've looked into the code and I can see there's evidence of spec II and here it is", like he does with other stuff he finds or at least he alludes to having done so. When I first read his Spec II prediction, it was pretty clear it was just a shot in the dark and not an actual prediction based on something he saw in the code. As with most things sometimes the context is obvious and sometimes it's not.

Just hope it will frazzle my v1.14 woes and let me install it...
I'm getting a bit bored of Super Sugoi Hello Kitty Deathmatch 3.

I think camber is properly, actually fixed now (and not just in the Favorite Cars tab thingy). I know they said it's fixed a few updates ago, but close to zero camber was still fastest back then. Now you need proper camber values to avoid losing grip in corners. In the 10 lap Survival Seasonal I kept spinning out at first because my HSV was using 0.5 0.5 camber. Then I raised it to 2.0 1.0 and I have no more problems.

Some of us play this game because we fantasize about driving some of the world's amazing cars and this as close as we'll likely get. We like to see how it would feel on our favorite track or see it in our mirror as it chases us down. Not many people have had a fantasy about driving a laser powered fantasy concept car around The Ring.

Also, they represent a bit of a sour point because when we were promised a quantum leap in DLC we expected at least some real cars to be included. After all, that is the very soul of the game. We didn't expect that 90% of that DLC would be fantasy cars nobody has ever heard of or fantasized about driving. So every time we get a new one it's just a reminder of how we were mislead.

On top of that, most don't have an interior which is inexcusable and insulting, some can't be tuned or modified, a lot of them don't drive very well (IMO), and there aren't even any career races being added which feature the cars.

Not much to like really, but plenty to be bothered by.

Some of us play this game because we fantasize about driving some of the world's amazing cars and this as close as we'll likely get. We like to see how it would feel on our favorite track or see it in our mirror as it chases us down. Not many people have had a fantasy about driving a laser powered fantasy concept car around The Ring.

Also, they represent a bit of a sour point because when we were promised a quantum leap in DLC we expected at least some real cars to be included. After all, that is the very soul of the game. We didn't expect that 90% of that DLC would be fantasy cars nobody has ever heard of or fantasized about driving. So every time we get a new one it's just a reminder of how we were mislead.

On top of that, most don't have an interior which is inexcusable and insulting, some can't be tuned or modified, a lot of them don't drive very well (IMO), and there aren't even any career races being added which feature the cars.

Not much to like really, but plenty to be bothered by.
You basically just repeated what I said.

I think camber is properly, actually fixed now (and not just in the Favorite Cars tab thingy). I know they said it's fixed a few updates ago, but close to zero camber was still fastest back then. Now you need proper camber values to avoid losing grip in corners. In the 10 lap Survival Seasonal I kept spinning out at first because my HSV was using 0.5 0.5 camber. Then I raised it to 2.0 1.0 and I have no more problems.

I think so too. I have been noticing my cars are handling a lot better now when adding camber values. đź‘Ť

I wouldn't say 90% of machine content is VGT, there are only 11 of them vs about 12 normal dealership cars.

In the original question I asked for reasons other than PD not making more cars lately besides Vision GT cars and the lack of interiors, what is with the hate. He just expanded on those exact same topics.

People seem to believe that of the cars added to GT6 post launch, there have been too many VGTs, which is mostly due to the fact that they're usually more vocal about their addition to the game over other car content.

I also think that PD has advanced over GT5's content delivery in the first year of GT6's release vs the first new contnent release for GT5 almost a year after GT5's release itself.

In the original question I asked for reasons other than PD not making more cars lately besides Vision GT cars and the lack of interiors, what is with the hate. He just expanded on those exact same topics.

Well, you summed things up pretty well. They're incomplete, most can't be modified, we're getting them in place of the cars most people want, and they represent one of the great deceptions of GT6. Not much to like, they're maybe slightly better than receiving nothing at all but that doesn't mean we have to like them.

Your subjective notions don't change facts.

You're correct, the fact remains that the VGT cars represent a great disappointment in a number of ways to a number of people. đź‘Ť

Back